SPARTAN Leathers

Now, even though I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 2 months I am still not proud of my physic. That being said I will post a few shots of me in the suit. I trust my FZ1-Forum friends will go easy on me! :)

I actually ordered a few areas a tiny bit small in anticipation of my weight loss. If I keep going though I may have to get this altered ina few months.

Right now it fits like a glove. There is absolutely no way I could ever get something like this off the shelf fitting this well.

5369d1298068017-spartan-leathers-img_0566.jpg

5370d1298068017-spartan-leathers-img_0567.jpg

5371d1298068017-spartan-leathers-img_0568.jpg

One morning when the course is slow maybe. It really would be a great picture, although the leathers would hurt your form I'm sure.The leathers look good, how do they feel?

When I got my Alpinestar RC-1 the "hump" took a bit of getting used to but now I don't even notice it.

One morning when the course is slow maybe. It really would be a great picture, although the leathers would hurt your form I'm sure.The leathers look good, how do they feel?

When I got my Alpinestar RC-1 the "hump" took a bit of getting used to but now I don't even notice it.

I have to tell you and I am not expert, but I cannot tell a quality difference between this suit and any off the rack name brand suit I have ever looked at. It is plain and simply beautifully crafted. Though manufacturing is done over seas Dave at Spartan leathers obviously has a high level of control over quality.

I had a few good surprises too. 1.) The liner completely zips out so that it can be washed. 2.) There are air vents on the shoulders I was not expecting at all. 3.) The leather is beautiful, supple and almost feels already broken in.

The only part of the suit that is a little to tight is my forearms. Maybe because I had a bad measurement, maybe because the nice armor. I think the forearms are the only spot that will require a bit of "breaking in".

I really do not notice the hump at all. 2 things though. My CE lvl2 back protector is not here yet. It may be a little thicker than the foam insert that comes stock. I also have yet to go for a ride with it on. I will give ride report as soon as that happens.

Suit $699. Keep in mind it is their entry level suit. they have much more expensive ones.

I got lucky on the gloves. Regularly $99. I paid $65 for a pair that had a defect. Turns out they ran out of the clearance gloves and gave me another good pair at no additional cost. They have a higher end pair of gloves, the ones reviewed by WebBikeWorld for $199 with stingray and kangaroo leather.

Back