Sub Throttle plates

Ok, the list is txroller, then creedmoorfan then schot1984.

I have two sets almost ready to go, just need to clean up the edges a bit. Here's the deal though... one set is the expected 38mm diameter but the other set, I made a mistake and these came out to 35mm so they are a bit more on the aggressive side of modding. So, I'll give dibs to txroller 1st on which set he'd like, then on down the line. I have a third set I have not started yet. If no one wants the 35mm, I will put them in my bike, move mine to my wife's bike and mod her set to 38mm. :D I'll send a PM to txroller since he's not on here as frequently.

Thanks!!

thanks for the PM Eric. I've has some family issues come up this winter as well as an expected move to FLorida in the next couple of months.

My bike has a slip-on, gutted cat and the airbox mode is on the to do list, so I think i'll take the 38mm as I think your bike would benefit more from the 35mm. Will PM you my address thanks again.

Brian

Forgot the rest of the To Do list:

Replace front end with 02 R1: Forks, triples, Brakes, SS brakelines, wheel from an 2000 R6 with brake discs and clipons with master cylinder. Also, replacing shock with an R1 shock from an 06. This doesn't even include the bodywork on the tank and tail and being repainted. It's a project in progress. :)

Last edited:
I'll take the 35mm set so long as they're still round and in good shape :D
If nothing else having a more aggressive set just means I have to do more modding to keep up!

No, I'll send them out to you, no problem! It doesn't take much to knock them back a couple mm anyway so I can do that to my own on a rainy day. ;)

I should have yours and txroller in the mail tomorrow. :tup: schot1984, I'm starting that set now. :sinister:

Very kind of you to do all this Eric!

:tup: Thanks Brad! It's something to do when I'm sitting in front of the laptop or the TV. I'm getting a lot faster at it too. This last set was done a few minutes here and there this afternoon and done before dinner which was our home-made turkey chili! YUM!!!

BTW, when I put the word out, Brad (Hail) was the first person to ship me the stock blanks. Thank Hail for getting the turnover started! :tup:

Ok I have a question. Should I put in modified flies on a stock bike without a Power Commander? I was thinking of plugging the AIS along with doing the Lars mod and BMC filter too but not a PCIII or PCV yet.

Ok I have a question. Should I put in modified flies on a stock bike without a Power Commander? I was thinking of plugging the AIS along with doing the Lars mod and BMC filter too but not a PCIII or PCV yet.

Only if you've gutted the CAT. I'm running a 2Bros can, blocked AIS, modded airbox and filter, modded flies and no power commander. What you should do is unhook the battery over night after it is all done, then the next day, go ride and when the bike is all up to temp, get into some high revs. This will allow the stock ECU with the O2 sensor to properly remap your fuel. Thus far, no lean issues with my bike. Not planning on a PC install unless I either gut the CAT or put after market headers on it thus eliminating the CAT. :D

Back