Supertrapp custom made exhaust

How would you rate the loudness of the exhaust from 1 to 10 (1 being stock and 10 open header)? I'm really wanting to do this but I don't want to be that loud annoying guy in the group. lol

I'd say a 8 or 9 its pretty loud. Everyone I rode with could hear my bike everytime I gave it gas. All the Harley guys were pissed cause it was louder than their bikes. ha ha

well I just took off the muffler and mid pipe and holy crap I don't see how people can straight pipe their bikes. It literally hurt my ears. hope the supertrapp is alittle more tame than that

Dang. I'm not wanting to be retarded loud. I still do poker runs with the parents and they wouldn't appreciate it that much. lol My brother got on Sv forums and they have a thread for all the different supertrapps and this one is the quietest
SuperTrapp 344-3004 - SuperTrapp Disc-Only Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com If the link doesn't work you can just go to summit racing and type in supertrapp disc only and it pulls these up. They actually have a small inlet pipe so you might not have to weld on a plate directly. They only go to 3" I don't know if thats big enough. Not sure how big the fzs piping is. Just wonderin what you guys think

SuperTrapp overdue reply

Sorry guys i have had some logging on issues as well as computer probs, on my second laptop since last reply. I still have the Supertrapp on my bike and am still enjoying the unique sound it gives me. Most sportbike people love the look but dont like the sound of it for whatever reason. I think ive actually found favor with the Harley crowd which my dad assoiciates although yes its loud. I recently removed a disc and went back to 4 disc from 5. I noticed my disc had a grey tint wich would be the bike running lean and i knew that removing a disc would help with that plus slightly lower the exaust DB. Of course we all know that a power comander of some type would be best served to correct the lean issue, but its not in my budget and the bike still runs great! I hope one day to get the bike on a dyno to see if this setup has added any performance which i cant really claim it does. I just know its a great alternative to all the expensive aftermarket exaust cans and nothing else sounds like it.:Rockon:

Hey guys got it done and pics will follow soon. I must warn you that it is very loud and might get pulled over if there is a noise ordinance but hey the sound is unique and I love it. Thanks Eric for the great idea

videos please :D cause i'm seriously doing this to my stock can. but can it be done on the stock one cause i want to keep my gytr in case this idea decreases power or something

For anyone interested in doing this there is a oem muffler on ebay right now for buy it now 35 bucks item number 190434817984. Please note this is not my auction just saw it and thought of this thread.

Hey guys had this done yesterday and it sounds great. I rode next to a gsxr 600 and this is definitely not as loud as a pipe on one of those. Ill get a video as soon as my good camera is all charged up cause it has a better mic than my cell phone. hope the pics help

Dang. I'm not wanting to be retarded loud. I still do poker runs with the parents and they wouldn't appreciate it that much. lol My brother got on Sv forums and they have a thread for all the different supertrapps and this one is the quietest
SuperTrapp 344-3004 - SuperTrapp Disc-Only Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com If the link doesn't work you can just go to summit racing and type in supertrapp disc only and it pulls these up. They actually have a small inlet pipe so you might not have to weld on a plate directly. They only go to 3" I don't know if thats big enough. Not sure how big the fzs piping is. Just wonderin what you guys think

You guys think this will work? Maybe it would make it slightly easier and cheaper? lol

You guys think this will work? Maybe it would make it slightly easier and cheaper? lol

Its not much cheaper and I know when I welded the disc on that it took the full 4" ID to do it so the 3" might not work. The one that I did also isn't as loud as alot of slip-ons that I have been riding around lately. Hopefully that helped a bit.

Did you ever get any good video of this? Can you place the camera in a stationary spot and do a couple drive-bys? Say.... 3500 RPM, 7500 RPM and one going to WOT? Are you still using this custom?

Last edited:
...Supertrapp comes with 12 disc, so i had to experiment til i got what i felt was right. 12 disc was way loud with too much backfire! I went to 10, 8, 6, finally got to 5 and finally decided 4 was just right. Its only slightly louder than stock at idle but once the rpm's come up it really screams!...

...I still have the Supertrapp on my bike and am still enjoying the unique sound it gives me....I hope one day to get the bike on a dyno to see if this setup has added any performance which i cant really claim it does. I just know its a great alternative to all the expensive aftermarket exaust cans and nothing else sounds like it.
:+1:
I liked reading your review and hearing all the positive feedback. It definitely makes the bike unique given all the look-a-likes out there.

My SuperTrapp slip-on path was quite simple by comparison, since my bike started with the old style mid-pipe, making a 4-into-1. Only difference from your findings is that my 4" diffuser diameter universals make their best power at 7-9 discs. I say 'their" because I loved the results from the first mod so much, I duplicated them on a second bike.

I too can't factually claim a performance advantage, other than to say I like how she feels and that three riders I ride extensively with have since switched their gearing to -1/+0 or -1/+2. Ironically, one being a 9R also.

:+1:
I liked reading your review and hearing all the positive feedback. It definitely makes the bike unique given all the look-a-likes out there.

My SuperTrapp slip-on path was quite simple by comparison, since my bike started with the old style mid-pipe, making a 4-into-1. Only difference from your findings is that my 4" diffuser diameter universals make their best power at 7-9 discs. I say 'their" because I loved the results from the first mod so much, I duplicated them on a second bike.

I too can't factually claim a performance advantage, other than to say I like how she feels and that three riders I ride extensively with have since switched their gearing to -1/+0 or -1/+2. Ironically, one being a 9R also.

Can you post some pics? I'm thinking about using one on my gen2. Maybe just sliding one of the shorter ones straight onto the header, I dunno yet. I know that everybike I've heard with one sounded great to me.

With pleasure

Here's the second of the two bikes afterwards. The picture is linked to SuperTrapp's forum and my underscored signature words are links as well.

There aren't too many SuperTrapp YouTube videos featuring sportbikes (I made several crappy sounding ones with a mono-microphone camera), but there are a number of similar designed exhausts, maybe affiliated with SuperTrapp (who knows) called ExtremeBlaster. Stupid name. Their cans are much shorter and sound nearly identical to a SuperTrapp.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlDsw4ZDMg"]XB08[/ame] IMO, when you take her up past 8K RPM there's a prominent baritone roar that sends chills through your body.

Here's the second of the two bikes afterwards. The picture is linked to SuperTrapp's forum and my underscored signature words are links as well.

There aren't too many SuperTrapp YouTube videos featuring sportbikes (I made several crappy sounding ones with a mono-microphone camera), but there are a number of similar designed exhausts, maybe affiliated with SuperTrapp (who knows) called ExtremeBlaster. Stupid name. Their cans are much shorter and sound nearly identical to a SuperTrapp.XB08 IMO, when you take her up past 8K RPM there's a prominent baritone roar that sends chills through your body.

Looks good! I want to go the SuperTrapp route eventually. I have the Mivv GP pipe and although I feel the construction is top notch, my beef is this: Without the baffle it's bloody loud... it drones on the highway. I just put the baffle in it (that I ordered from PJ's Parts- awesome service) and it's much tamer, but the really sexy growl is sort of missing. I got complaints from the neighbors w/o it :blahblah:. The thing about the Supertrapp design that appeals to me is the seeming ability to get the sound level just right with the disks, or just run it WFO on a track day. I dare say that the R6 exhaust is a supertrapp thats fab'd to fit right up by the seller, his mid-pipe.

Anyone thinking of a DIY project here's a couple options to look at
Polished stainless w/discs
Carbon fiber version

I'm thinkin a low mounted muffler like in the video won't need a mid-pipe. But if you already have a slip-on with mid-pipe, just replace it with one of these. I kinda like the Carbon fiber muffler and $95 ain't bad.

BTW: What diameter is "your" mid pipe and what brand?
I have measured:
Dan Moto measures 2.25" Outer Diameter (OD About 57mm)
Delkevic measures 2" OD (51mm)

This is good info for tuners and the DIY types.

Last edited:
Nice job!

What windshield is that & how do you like it?
Thanks and thanks. Zero Gravity Touring. It's about the same height at its center as the DBL, but with just that much more coverage for real-world riding. And about 2-3" higher at center than the 'wet look' stock shield. Both of my bikes have the same shield. I love them.

One other point about the way I have my Trapp setup: MPG. Not only does the bike feel like it's in its HP sweet spot all the time, but MPG increased afterwards. I boast that she can outrun anything out there, but I know that's not exactly true. But close.

what's the outer diameter of the headers where it connects to the slipon? I'm thinking about getting a pipe and welding the supertrap on it, instead of cutting off the slipon.

Back