Watson LED Turn Signals

Just ordered some Watson LED turn signals. Exchange rate is good. :)
Yamaha FZ1 LED Signals

Anyone else have these that can post up a few pics? Anyone install these that already did the pod-mod lights? Any installation issues?

Hey Brad, I put a set of these on my bike awhile back. I'll add the link in a minute. One thing to note: Do not cut into or shorten the wires that come attached to the unit themselves. They use a special type of wire so that they do not need resistors for a normal flash rate. If you cut the wire it will mess that up.
Also, don't be surprised if you have to wait a couple of months to get them, Watsen is "made to order" and take a long time to get to you. I am still waiting for the set that I ordered for the back. They are worth the wait.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/product-reviews/5495-watsen-micro-alloy-l-e-d-flushmounts.html#post18698
November7th.jpg

leftflushmount.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered some Watson LED turn signals. Exchange rate is good. :)
Yamaha FZ1 LED Signals

Anyone else have these that can post up a few pics? Anyone install these that already did the pod-mod lights? Any installation issues?

Well I have the first gen Watsen's. You can see them in the post that Oldschool makes reference to. I did the pod lights and can only use them as turn signals, not as running lights. Not a big deal to me since they tend to get "washed out" once the headlights are on.

I just ordered proton front signals this morning. Had to change out the rear last week because rubber on one side failed, and lost the bulb cover some where.

So, figured now is the time to change out the front.

I beleive it ended up being $50 with shipping - little higher than what I would have liked, but it's an exact match.

I doubt a local body shop would have done it much cheaper when you take into account the cost of the paint and the time to prep and paint the parts.

I beleive it ended up being $50 with shipping - little higher than what I would have liked, but it's an exact match.

I emailed Patrick today and just got a response. I am going to send my side panels in to him and he is going to paint them. He will send them back with my seat cowl that I already ordered at the beginning of January.

I emailed Patrick today and just got a response. I am going to send my side panels in to him and he is going to paint them. He will send them back with my seat cowl that I already ordered at the beginning of January.

Sounds like a good deal. I have a seat cowl (not Copperdog's) for my bike also, but need to find someone local to paint it. It's white right now :(

What seat cowl you got?

I got the stock one that comes with the Yamaha FZ1 retro kit. You can't buy it separately, but I found it on eBay last year for a reasonable price. It just fits over the stock seat. Need to get it painted to match my bike since it came painted white.

Last edited:
Just installed the proton front turn signals. They look like the rider's photo above.

Well, and I'm kinda slow, but when I took off the stock signals, and saw how big and stupid they looked, and looked at the tiny protons, I mentally kicked myself for NOT switching out the stock ones LONG ago.

Stupid bug eyed stock things looked...stupid. The little ones look better, work better, and reduce the weight some, and CLEAN up the bike!

I just noticed something else on the site for Watsen's? He used to offer an upgrade for the set for running lights/signals but I don't see that. Are they all now running/signal lights? Are they three wire and you hook up two wires in the rear, three in the front?

Back