We need an new site logo.. Submit your ideas

Companies take their copyrights way too far. Can you picture a world where no one can have a private forum for enthusiast to discuss what they are passionate about? Can you imagine no Jeep forums. No Mustang forums. No Glock forums. No BMW forums. No forums about whatever it is you love. Can you imagine a world where any discussion about a product is moderated by the creator of that product?

Their copyright of the series of characters "FZ1" is intended to protect the use of it to prevent others from making similar products that may be confused with their own. There is no product being sold here. There is absolutely no chance that someone is going to confuse this site with the official Yamaha site.

All that being said the disclaimers at the top and bottom and removing the Yamaha logo are a good move to at least show that good faith on your end.

I guarantee if they make you change anything else I will never purchase another Yamaha product as long as I live.

FZ1 Forum Logo Specs

Hello Admin, as some other said, there is an army with you.

Please provide the specifications of the changes your forum requires, and we'll provide.

I suggest using the picture of a nice GEN2 FZ1N or FZ1S, and using a simple WordArt overlay, like in the attached picture.

Any other requirements, like picture dimensions?
Stainless

Maybe "FZ1 Owners Forum" as a new name over a picture of a member's bike will be enough??

I'm betting it's some young new member of their legal team trying to make a name for him/her self in the company, not realizing what a positive impact forums like these make to their bottom line sales.

I hope this has a positive ending.

Move the domains and servers off-shore along with "ownership".

I know American companies don't respect international borders when it comes to matters of copyright but I don't think they would pursue a venture that isn't affecting profits.

Yamaha is complaining that our domain name because it has FZ1 in is its a copy write infringement and we may lose it.

They want to take ownership of it and license it back to us under a contract agreement.. I believe in free speech on the Internet and am worried a contract may limit our free speech..

Our site is and will stay independent from the manufacturer. By our I mean the members as these sites would not exist without you. You are the site.. And the day that it can't be independent is the day that we will turn off the servers. I am removing any Yamaha logos from the site to be safe.

If we lose the domain I will reset up the site under something like enthusiasts.ca

We would lose all our search engine ranking but with the new Google algorithm content is king an I think would come back quickly.

In bold above , what a lot of crap and the verbal diarrhoea even though typed is extremely pronounced , guess who got banned ages ago for arguing with clowns like yourself and that hellgate wanker .
You deserve Yamaha's attention imo , I have been watching you jokers on and off since the last time and not only are you biased but it seems like the Americanizm that what has also now turned into Rabidizm and you totally deserve what you get .
That hellgate wanker has had a FZ1 for how long now? , piss off , nutcases ..

Good on you Yamaha! lolup

In bold above , what a lot of crap and the verbal diarrhoea even though typed is extremely pronounced , guess who got banned ages ago for arguing with clowns like yourself and that hellgate wanker .
You deserve Yamaha's attention imo , I have been watching you jokers on and off since the last time and not only are you biased but it seems like the Americanizm that what has also now turned into Rabidizm and you totally deserve what you get .
That hellgate wanker has had a FZ1 for how long now? , piss off , nutcases ..

Good on you Yamaha! lolup

Guess who just got banned again for general asshattery from Melbourne? The people here are fine, mature and friendly people. If you got banned you, sir, are not "fine people." and I have no doubt it was for good reason.

Last edited:
That 1time dude has serious issues! Anyways, as far as a site logo goes, would it be possible to still use the tuning forks but turn them around so they point inwards? I have seen many logo take-offs that have minor changes and aren't technically the same as the original. Just a thought, would like to help more but my artistic talents are virtually non existent!

If you manage to get banned from this forum, you must be a real jerk. Now, if you get banned twice....

lol... some people don't know the difference of "debate" vs. "arguing", "freedom of speech" vs. "bashing others", etc... they take a perfectly good conversation and make it personal... hard to teach manners to some people, so we just ban 'em.

Hopefully this gets sorted out quickly.

Anyways, as far as a site logo goes, would it be possible to still use the tuning forks but turn them around so they point inwards? I have seen many logo take-offs that have minor changes and aren't technically the same as the original. Just a thought, would like to help more but my artistic talents are virtually non existent!

That won't work, Yamaha uses the reversed tuning fork logo (or they used to) for their musical instrument business. That will be trademarked as well.

Companies can be very digital when it comes to their logos. Some years ago Exxon used to use a tiger as part of their advertising, "put a tiger in your tank". Then Kellogg cereal tried to put a stop to that because of their perceived infringement on their 'Tony the Tiger' use for Frosted Flakes cereal because Exxon was resurrecting the tiger in promoting drinks and snacks in their convenience stores. Obviously no one was going to mistake the tiger logo used to sell gas and soft drinks with that of a breakfast cereal, but it went to litigation. The two companies came to an agreement that let Exxon continue to use the tiger image in it's advertising with restrictions.....it couldn't call it Tony and it couldn't associate it at all with the cereal they sell in their convenience stores, among other things. It seems a bit silly, but company logos are powerful and valuable items. I think Yamaha is off base in restricting it in this case, but I know where they are coming from.

Kellogg Co. vs. Exxon Mobil: http://www.zelle.com/featured-8.html

Last edited:
Dang

That won't work, Yamaha uses the reversed tuning fork logo (or they used to) for their musical instrument business. That will be trademarked as well.

Well, I thought maybe I had a good idea. It is too bad my head is so big and my brain so small! I will keep thinking on it.

Well, I thought maybe I had a good idea. It is too bad my head is so big and my brain so small! I will keep thinking on it.
Don't feel bad, I didn't realize that either. Tossing out ideas is a good thing, that is what the thread is for.

This may not make me too popular but it needs to be said...
I understand where yammy is coming from. The 'how could they?' And 'I'll never buy another yammy' talk is not good for anyone. Least of all the creator of our bikes which WE bought and praise. The owners of this site are walking a tightrope and everyone, them included, ought to remember this site wouldn't exist were it not for Yamaha. Problem:
1. Someone is using a family member's name without any permission, limitation or repercussion. Be they friend or foe, that is still an uncomfortable situation.
2. Economically, money is being exchanged here under their name without permission.

So...
I think this forum is great and frequented by a core of well meaning fans. The new logo should have a clear caption to show that we are users and fans. Not Yamaha.

'By riders for 'FZ1 Riders'. No affiliation, no favorites. Just 'FZ1 Riders!'

Secondly, the site owners ought to negotiate a line of communication so that things can be discussed prior to the necessity for legal action and the open bashing of anyone's good name. And that line of communication should go both ways. Would be good to have a window into Yamaha, wouldn't it?

Back