What did you do to your FZ today?

FZ1 today

Today was great!! Warm and sunny, I got the fizzer out and warmed up the oil and the tires and then hit the twisties . . . .Wooooowhooooo !! Those Bridgestone's that Billy put on for me (last fall) were tested today. Nary a slip nor a bobble. Tons of grip and absolutely confidence inspiring! The SHINKO'S that came on my first fizzer were never this grippy . . . .nope. Not even close.

I also got to stretch out the top end more today. I am really loving the switch to -1,+1 gearing. She runs now the way she should have come from the factory (IMHO, of course). My favorite strip of pavement is almost 5 miles long, straight as an arrow, flat as a pancake, and, today there was no traffic to be seen . . . anywhere. The couple of cars I did see were no match for the YAMAHA and I had the run of the road. Rual Indiana is much like a prairie in many places and I know just where the smooth, flat, roads around my house are. Makes one appreciate the 'wide-open' spaces in farmland USA. . . .heh,heh

I discovered however, that 140+mph and my cheap, ebay, vinyl YAMAHA jacket do not mix. The loose fitting sleeves really took a beating and actually began to crack and fray where the sleeve and shoulder join together. Ha! , , seems the thin vinyl outer layer is all abraded now and it looks like it's about 70 years old !! Who would have thought that? Mmmmhhhhhhh. And to think I paid $28.00 American dollars for it (with shipping). . . . about two months ago. Dang , , , ,,Let's see , , , , I guess I need me a new winter jacket. Mine is looking abit ragged. Click on Ebay, ahh what do we have here . . . . . . and only $$, mmmhhhhhhh.
:cheers:

Last edited:
got my fork swap started

fz%2520forks%2520004.JPG

but looking for advice on making sure there properly squared?

Not today, but last night...

Got my Motodynamic integrated taillight installed. No road tests yet, but initial thoughts are a like it...a lot! :tup:

Gutted the Cat, and started installing the Holeshot Highpipe. No road test on it either since some genius managed to cross-thread the muffler bracket bolt, and twisted the head off! :cuss: The sweet sound it makes now helped to ease the pain a little though...and hopefully the butt dyno will make it worthwhile. :Rockon:

I just read it wouldnt help me any....

ForkTru - Fork Alignment Tool

•Quick and easy to use tool for aligning front forks to insure they are parallel from top to bottom
•Knurled adjustment screws for easy setup
•Reduces stiction and improves the performance of your front suspension
•Reduces seal and bushing wear
•Fits most MX and Off-Road motorcycles (does not work on most sport bikes due to large brake rotor diameter and 17 inch wheel diameter) •Will work on 27 mm - 62 mm fork legs and tubes
•Works on forks that are 140 mm to 220 mm on center
•Patented design

I just read it wouldnt help me any....

(does not work on most sport bikes due to large brake rotor diameter and 17 inch wheel diameter) •Will work on 27 mm - 62 mm fork legs and tubes

Maybe not, but considering you're running naked...and the fact that it looks like your brake rotor and wheel are off, it should work fine? :confused0024:

If it doesn't you can always ship it to me... :yes:

Maybe not, but considering you're running naked...and the fact that it looks like your brake rotor and wheel are off, it should work fine? :confused0024:

If it doesn't you can always ship it to me... :yes:

I think Craig was referring to the step where it says to put it on the bottom between the spokes. From what they implied it's supposed to be used when everything is bolted back up so you can just loosen the axle and adjust the fork alignment.

I put in AIS block off plates and gutted my catalytic converter. :wow: With the TBR slip on this thing sounds like a giant angry hornet :sinister:. I didn't do pics because these mods have been well documented here.

Back