What did you do to your FZ today?

Well, I don't really did it today, last weekend instead. I purchased a pair of contact lenses and a lot of work after. Here are some pics.
As you see I had installed HID Xenon bulbs without projector. As result too much glare. After projectors installed you can see the difference.

Kit
View attachment 9364 View attachment 9365View attachment 9366

-----------Xenon Kit installed------------|- Bi-Xenon Projector kit installed
high beam View attachment 9367--View attachment 9374
high beam View attachment 9369--View attachment 9373
-low beam View attachment 9369--View attachment 9372
-face look View attachment 9378--View attachment 9377
Got to get them! I'm thinking of going back to QH because of the glare (I think of it as over-spray) that escapes the focus. How about a How to?

Last edited:
6834916432_20aaeb7134_z.jpg

Pulled my first ever mini-wheelie yesterday, not intentionally, it just happened.

Felt weird.

Growing up on Dirt Bikes I have spent my share of time in the air with the wheels off the ground, now that I am older and wiser i don't like doing that.

One week ago I trailered my 07 FZ1 home. During the first week I've put about 100 miles on, removed the warning stickers and added a battery tender plug. Hope to wash, wax, and add red rim strips this weekend.

Can I ask you, where did you get the kit from?
I bought them from Online Store of Kingtech Auto Parts Co., Ltd .I choosed KT-MT5D model wich fits a little tight (is one of the largest). If anyone are going to buy a kit for his FZ1 I strongly recomend a shorter one, because the projector lens could touch the Headlight lens in some positions.

Got to get them! I'm thinking of going back to QH because of the glare (I think of it as over-spray) that escapes the focus. How about a How to?
Ballast install is a little tricky. You have to find place to put everything into cockpit, you have to use some imagination.
To install projectors into headlight you must heat the headlight. Be careful. Do not warm it too much, if you do you can burn the headlight lens especialy in the corners.
There are some videos in youtube.

Last edited:
Today removed the baffle from my arrow exhaust it now sounds awsome lol. made a thread couple days ago been really concerned about increased engine noise but it was nothing just being paranois but removing this baffle totally stopped me worrying as you cant hear the engine just the exhaust note now lol.

Dropped forks 10mm. What a difference ! It feels like a proper sports bike now , and I've only driven it through the city for 10 minutes

Sent from my mobile phone, please excuse the brevity

Last edited:
I rode the "Beast" to the east and met one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He lead me around some beautiful roads and I'm sure my speedo must have been set to metric as the triple digit numbers were being indicated. :)

There was a moment where the ground had to rise up to meet my tires (both of them). One corner had a bit of gravel, but everyone remained upright.

Thanks for one of the best rides I've ever had. I'm glad we could put our FZ1's to the task they were intended. I'll have more to say when I get to a proper keyboard. I only wish I had a GoPro camera so I could share the ride.

Thanks Gary! I hope we can do it again soon (and on the RZ350!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I ordered new sintered brake pads for the back, ordered new summer gel gloves, and a new mesh jacket for what I know is going to be a bit&h of a hot summer. :) Oh, and dumped some Seafoam in her.

Thanks Troy !! We had a great time on the only twisty road around that has light traffic and no cattle crossing to jump over . . .!! heh,heh,

Troy is being to kind however. I blew into a 15mph right hander at about 45mph. I locked up the rear tire and slid right into the rather small ditch on the otherside. . . . he, being ever observant, got stopped and waited for me to get 'er straightened out and back onto the blacktop. ALL this without so much as a snicker . . . It must have beed hilarious watching me get crossed up. Mmhhhhhh I need to work on my cornering skills abit. (I am just thankful he couldn't get to his camera . . . . whew . . .!)

Troy and I switched rides on the way back towards the city. I wanted him to try out the 'lower' gearing on mine and see what he thought of it. His FZ is an '07 and it's a really NICE ride !! w00t !! Rides on RAILS and is wicked fast !! Mine is a bit softer, and somewhat more comfortable for an old guy like me. I had forgotten how much stiffer (the alum. frame is) and how solid feeling overall the Gen-II's are.

Troy is a great guy. I enjoyed meeting him today (in person) and we had a blast visiting with each other. The RIDE we enjoyed today was awesome too. The first real FZ ride of the year for me !! :cheers:

Thanks Troy !! We had a great time on the only twisty road around that has light traffic and no cattle crossing to jump over . . .!! heh,heh,

Troy is being to kind however. I blew into a 15mph right hander at about 45mph. I locked up the rear tire and slid right into the rather small ditch on the otherside. . . . he, being ever observant, got stopped and waited for me to get 'er straightened out and back onto the blacktop. ALL this without so much as a snicker . . . It must have beed hilarious watching me get crossed up. Mmhhhhhh I need to work on my cornering skills abit. (I am just thankful he couldn't get to his camera . . . . whew . . .!)

Troy and I switched rides on the way back towards the city. I wanted him to try out the 'lower' gearing on mine and see what he thought of it. His FZ is an '07 and it's a really NICE ride !! w00t !! Rides on RAILS and is wicked fast !! Mine is a bit softer, and somewhat more comfortable for an old guy like me. I had forgotten how much stiffer (the alum. frame is) and how solid feeling overall the Gen-II's are.

Troy is a great guy. I enjoyed meeting him today (in person) and we had a blast visiting with each other. The RIDE we enjoyed today was awesome too. The first real FZ ride of the year for me !! :cheers:

I loved your bike too. The double bubble screen is now on my list to order. I hope it's as good for the Gen II as it is for the Gen I. This was my first ride on a Gen I, and I was impressed. It was very solid and handled great on the BT 023 (is that right?). The cushy seat was a pleasure for my backside. I still love my Corbin, but I realized just how "firm" it is.

The rolling drag race on each others bikes wasn't fair with me on yours. I don't get the front tire lift on mine you do with the lowered gearing. It took me by surprise and I had to back off. You and Billy have done wonders for that bike. I was embarrassed how dirty mine was, but I've elected to ride rather than clean. I'll have to correct that. Maybe we could pool some money and buy that yellow and black T-Max and terrorize the mid-west!

Thanks again, Gary. You didn't look funny in the corner at all. I didn't even notice your back tire slide in that corner. I'm sure I would have gone down if I'd been in front. I was the idiot. I pulled over to check on you and then was parallel with the edge of the road and couldn't get back on the road. I had to ride in the gravel until I got to the little sloped edge.

Talk to you later. Maybe in a few weeks I could make it to the BMW shop in Linton.

Ohh good Troy. I am glad it didn't 'look' too bad, me sliding off the edge. Yaknow, I never thought about you not being able to turn back towards the highway ! Never crossed my feeble mind. . .

I also hope I didn't get any gravel on you when I gunned it abit to get back onto the pavement. That gravel was darn slippery and I felt the tire spin up !! If you rode in that anyways at all , , , , you da man !! THAT, would have been tricky !! Like riding on marbles. That type of rock does not pack down and is just laying there all loose as you well know. . . .

The bad part about the whole thing is I know that road, so well. To over-cook that particular corner is really my bad. . . . glad you had the heads-up view my friend !!

And yes, Billy told me when I picked up the FZ (in NY) that the suspension would be 'perfect' for me, (and my weight). He was right. And, the performance mods he did to it were very much 'spot on' for me too.
Thanks Billy !!

It was a Gen-I and a Gen-II out today and we had a blast !! AND, Troy LET me win !! :Dw00t !!!

Hey! I'm glad you guys got to meet up and get an awesome ride in today. Take it easy on those turns Gary! We don't need no "get offs" so early in the season pal. I'm really glad that your enjoying the bike though. It makes me happy to hear that your having a ball on the old girl, and that she can still kick up some dust!

Thanks Billy !! I promise not to dump 'er over just yet. :cry:

It was a thrilling moment though when I shot off the highway . . . WooooWHoooooo !! :disturbed

I was telling Troy, that as I get older and stiffer that the little Yellow/Black T-Max scooter would fit my new riding style pretty good this summer. The local MC dealer in Terre Haute has 2- of the 2009's still on the floor. The Y/B for me and , , ,they have, a BLUE/Black one for Troy !! He like's the BLUE. I like the YELLOW.

After seeing the scooter video of the guys at Deal's Gap racin, and wheelin, and playing, , , , mmmhhhhhh , , now, I could get into that !! I bet we could embarrass some cruiser's and some big, heavy, wide, GW's in the curves with those babies !! heh,heh:sinister:

Back