What did you do to your FZ today?

Picked up a 2008 R6 shock and installed it.

But I need some dogbones (ordered already), i thought I could get away with using the longer ones, so now I either put the stock shock back in or I dont get to ride for 2 weeks possibly. So mad!

No wreckers here had (or would look) for any other dogbones that would do the job.

Bought the shock from a Racer who upgraded his R6 at 2000km mark, so its basically new, but he didn't have any dogbones with it. Paid $200 AUD, wreckers here want $500+ for these parts, in worse condition.

Also installed some fork sliders and about to put a 'fazer' decal on the swingarms.

But I need some dogbones (ordered already), i thought I could get away with using the longer ones, so now I either put the stock shock back in or I dont get to ride for 2 weeks possibly. So mad!

No wreckers here had (or would look) for any other dogbones that would do the job.

Bought the shock from a Racer who upgraded his R6 at 2000km mark, so its basically new, but he didn't have any dogbones with it. Paid $200 AUD, wreckers here want $500+ for these parts, in worse condition.

Also installed some fork sliders and about to put a 'fazer' decal on the swingarms.
Can you post some photos esp the Fazer decals? Sounds like the usual 50% of new price. They would sell more at reasonable prices especially for uncommonly sold parts.

Last edited:
i can do that id you'd like.

1331967048381.jpg

1331967065933.jpg

A tip for everyone, don't drink bourbon before putting on decals, they're a little crooked, so i will have to buy some more. Also, cut the backing paper as a straight line parallel to the word fazer, i used the straight paper edge as a line guide, which failed.

Last edited:

How long time does one need to replace the shock ? Low skill level ..
Which fork sliders did you get?

Sent from my mobile phone, please excuse the brevity

How long time does one need to replace the shock ? Low skill level ..
Which fork sliders did you get?

Sent from my mobile phone, please excuse the brevity

It's not about skill so much as having the correct tools to do the job.

Easy enough took 20 minutes of work, and 30 mins reading clymers.

Sliders are cheapies from eBay. Don't really plan on using them, but the bikes insured so we'll see.

i can do that id you'd like.

1331967048381.jpg

1331967065933.jpg

A tip for everyone, don't drink bourbon before putting on decals, they're a little crooked, so i will have to buy some more. Also, cut the backing paper as a straight line parallel to the word fazer, i used the straight paper edge as a line guide, which failed.

If you want it to go with the lines a tape measure works great...or a torpedo level to make them level....the straight paper edge wasn't a bad idea tho...just didn't work out

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Rode a little over 200 miles. Was hungry so I punched Jimmy John's (love the Hunter Club) into the GPS, parked next to something called the "Cake Car". While I was eating a Hippie couple jumped in it and drove away. Really not sure why people demand so much attention sometimes...........................

CakeCar1.jpg

CakeCar2.jpg

I'm kind of surprised no one has commented on your sweatpants and sneakers yet! :stirpot:

9456d1331925090-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-imageuploadedbytapatalk1331925036.320435.jpg

I know, I know. I figure I'd be lucky to find some riding pants to fit my fat a$$ and boots are on my list. I bought a pair, but they didn't fit, so I need to re-sell them and buy a proper pair. I have some Sidi and A-star I'm debating over. When I was younger, I was the squid with just a helmet, shorts and t-shirt (never sandals)...

I looked like crap and was unprotected, but I was comfy :p Maybe they were kevlar sweat pants! :flip: :rofl:

Last edited:
I took a long ride with the wife today. We only put in about 100 miles, but it was a great time. She was on her '09 Ninja 250r and I had my FZ1. I did wear jeans today, but I don't know that they were any better protection than my sweats :p My wife, Jodie, has Kevlar jeans. I'm looking into getting a pair too.

I didn't take any pictures today :spank2:, we were too busy riding and having fun. I've gotta get that GoPro soon too. Oh well. Jodie's bike is dirty and mine is filthy. I hope to wash them tomorrow if it's not raining. Maybe some pictures then.

Great to see you out there riding and having FUN Troy !! I am stiff and sore from riding with you on Friday. . . . I am outa shape, and my bum right knee is aching today . . . but YOU are out there carrying the torch for us my friend ! WooooWHOOOO !
:cheers:

BTW, I got a call this afternoon. The guy we met in West Terre Haute (Friday) says he has the money?! Oott-Ohh , , , , ,,

Last edited:
I feel it some in my hips, knees and back, but it's all worth it. I also went to a local bike shop (just used stuff) for an event they were having. Free 'safety inspection' and headlight adjustment. They had a group ride for MDA. The wife and I thought about going with them, but it was almost all cruisers and Gold Wings, a BMW and a ZX-10 and ZX-14, with much younger guys. (I was impressed with the ZX-10. It looked sweet and was one of the newer models) I tried to re-dub the wife's Ninja 250 as a ZX-25, but it didn't quite work. LOL The ride was scheduled for over 100 miles and would have extended into the scheduled rain, so we chose to do our own thing. The rain actually stayed away until really late, but I was happy with our ride. I hope to dodge a few drops tomorrow too.

Rode a little over 200 miles. Was hungry so I punched Jimmy John's (love the Hunter Club) into the GPS, parked next to something called the "Cake Car". While I was eating a Hippie couple jumped in it and drove away. Really not sure why people demand so much attention sometimes...........................

CakeCar1.jpg

CakeCar2.jpg

:rofl: 20 Gallons of Bondo??!! I could only imagine how much that car weighs now! :eek5: A sub compact that averages 15mpg I bet!

Yeah, for the price of the bondo, the time and effort and poor gas mileage, they would have been better off getting a different car, but then where would they get all their attention need filled?

No offense to anyone who owns or likes Jettas, but in my experience, Jetta owners seem to be pompous yuppie/hippie mix. Very strange. Again, just from my limited experience. I'm sure there are plenty of 'normal' people with Jettas.

Anyway, I plan to wash the FZ1 and the Ninjette today with proper soapy water. I hope to have some clean pictures of the beast a little later today.

That's right.......

20 Gallons of Bondo............$400.00
15 Tubes of Caulk...............$ 45.00
Decorative Discs.................$ 50.00
Hours Labor.......................$ ??????

Crappy Pink Car When Finished.............PRICELESS!!!!

I can't make too much fun cause yes, I am guilty of having dressed up a sub compact myself, although mine was a bit more tasteful, at least I think so!

This was my 88' Chevy Nova. The truckers loved me on the interstate! The "city folk" just didn't get it! Haha!! Oh, and it was a 4 Banger with dual exhaust too! :rofl:

DCP_0284.jpg

DCP_0288.jpg

Yeah, for the price of the bondo, the time and effort and poor gas mileage, they would have been better off getting a different car, but then where would they get all their attention need filled?

No offense to anyone who owns or likes Jettas, but in my experience, Jetta owners seem to be pompous yuppie/hippie mix. Very strange. Again, just from my limited experience. I'm sure there are plenty of 'normal' people with Jettas.

Anyway, I plan to wash the FZ1 and the Ninjette today with proper soapy water. I hope to have some clean pictures of the beast a little later today.

Beat you! I don't know why I'm so anal and have to clean it as much as I do. Washed and waxed................

IMG-20120318-00025.jpg

Last edited:
Back