What did you do to your FZ today?

Put on new non-locking gas cap. I always worried about my keys scratching the tank when I unlocked the stock cap and opened it up to fill up with gas.

399096_3954223260839_1437904395_3552427_1730367763_n.jpg

I rode to work every day this week.

My new grips showed up in the mail, have to wait till Monday to put them on.

No air compressor at the house right now.

rode 240 miles today. went from yakima Wa over white pass to randle then i took nf-25 in the hopes of getting to mt. st. Helens but the road were blocked halfway up. If anyone ever drops by this area i suggest taking Nf-25 its a very fun road. However there are a few areas that are a little nasty coming out of corners with shade makes it hard to notice bumps/holes.

e599441a.jpg

2cd1649d.jpg

7775024e.jpg

3564cd7d.jpg

Saturday I got to go meet pilot8127 (Gary) again and travel to a great BMW shop in Linton, IN. I met a great group of guys and learned that a Bergman 650 handles better than I could ever imagine.

Sunday (Mother's Day) my mother took the kids to pick strawberries, so my wife and I were able to take a leisurely ride (her on her little Ninja and me on my FZ). We managed about 150 miles in 4 hours with just a few stops for gas, water and bathroom. I wish we could have taken pictures or better yet video, but I don't have a GoPro (yet), and the roads with the best views had no shoulders. Our Scala Rider G4 systems make the ride way better so we can talk and enjoy the events together.

Today I was able to take a short ride. I have crossed the 8000 mile mark, 6500 are mine. What great weather we have had. I hope to ride the rest of the week. Maybe even meet up with Gary again a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price, battery life and working distance.
I got it for about $110 (includes a local forum discount.) You get 4 extra hours on the battery and over twice the functional distance for helmet to helmet communication.
Never used one while riding but am interested. Have you tried it? Does the intercom feature work without a phone connection? Got a link to where you purchased?

I bought a Sena Dual Pack for my wife and I. I was pleasantly surprised how well they worked. People really couldn't tell that I was on the bike when I was made a phone call. For me though....

-I don't like listening to music while riding. I feel less safe.
-I have a modular helmet. Each time I put the helmet on or off I had to readjust the boom.
-simply wasn't for me. Not my style. I ride often, every chance I get. Sometimes that means just a few miles here and there. The whole setup was just too much to deal with for short rides.
As far as where to get em, I just got an email from Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore saying they were in stock. Haven't confirmed that.

Thanks Hail for detailing the differences, I didn't look at these too much, I saw many others on the other forum that were using the SMH10 so that's the one I bought.

I pretty much ride alone, so I haven't used the rider to rider feature. I use mine with my phone - I play music thru the phone that I listen to while riding. If I get a call, the call over rides the music and I take the call. I can also make calls, but I have to dial/send using the phone, but then I can talk using the headset.

I got mine from JC Motors, the SMH10 was $165 with free S&H. I had a coupon from a previous item I bought from them so mine was just $150 delivered

Make sure if you get either model it is firmware upgradeable. I've already upgraded mine.

i took mine out to stretch her legs. up hwy 108 and back over hwy 4.
as well as a number of back roads to keep off of hwy 49.
had lunch in markleeville.
great day got the gal up to speed and into some great corners.
carbs had a little trouble at altitude. but all went great.

this is what i did with my fz1 today. :yes:

Back