What did you do to your FZ today?

Went to the Twisted Throttle Open House / Grand Re-opening today. Spent almost the whole day there (got to eat some of Eric's birthday cake!) and spent a lot of money for the bike. Picked up some swingarm spools, a Bags Connection Engage tank bag, a new mount for a Powerlet socket (right on the handlebar clamp, no drilling of panels) and a new mount for my GPS (right next to the socket)

I did a thorough chain clean, including behind the countershaft sprocket cover, and changed my chain lube to Motul. I was using Belray with no complaints but thought I'd try something less waxy. The Motul lube seems fine. Cheers.

Last edited:
Installed clear tail-light with integrated turn signals.

546698_4017078832189_1437904395_3581786_491171771_n.jpg

Went for a nice little 55 mile ride. Started with breakfast with family and then on to visit my mother in-law at the nursing home. Then nothing special. Just wanted to get out for a cruise. Beautiful day for it.

A MIVV GP without the baffle. Sounds so sweet, but I bet the nieghbours don't enjoy it....: oops:

They LOVE it since this bike is replacing a Harley with Vance & Hines short shots without baffles. Now THAT is LOUD. :cheers: But actually I live out in the country and I mean OUT in the country. No neighbors to speak of. :nana:

Put it all back together after doing a spark plug and oil change. As much as I like the full fairings they do add considerable time to simple maintenance work :(

put on my short levers so far they are very well made for 50 bucks. They are 434 racing levers I will give you a long term review later. Hopefully they don't fade fast like some cheaper levers do.

4e0216e0.jpg

845a72aa.jpg

i got the same bike, same year....put a micron full exhaust, power commander and custom dyno....man it runs good....sounds great....throw some headers on it....

Back