What did you do to your FZ today?

Went for a ride for a couple of hours, it was very windy but nice to get out on the bike. I need to get some gel grips. I went to a local bike shop but they did not have the Pro Grip 699's that I was looking for so have to search for them on the web.

Last edited:
Gutted it up and started to drop the engine so I can powdercoat the frame.

Thinking ill do the wheels, swingarm, and side covers to boot.

Fully ivanized, removed ais, blocked off carb coolant, cleaned her up a little bit to sit til I can sync the carbs in a few ours after sleep ;D. Used titanium plug screws instead of stainless bolts, cause ti is just badass I started it up for a quick sec, it would not run over 2500 rpm. Choke and die. Sync and tps should fix that right up.
a6cd0f55-a06c-d5ea.jpg

a6cd0f55-a0cb-dc4b.jpg

Still apart, will post more when I work another day :kinky

Installed preload adjusters on my FZ1. The Gen II uses 14mm ones and Gen I uses 19mm ones by the way. One thing that I'm not too happy about is the fact that the little "nut" that you use to adjust the preload is not very tall so the adjusters don't sit all the way down like they should. However, after I tightened the set screws they stayed put. Obligatory pics bellow ;)

Last edited:
Got together with a bunch of Fizzy riders (from the rehto forum) and rode! It was about 15 to 17 all told (not all on fz1s). We had a great time! I still haven't checked the total miles but I was smilin' from ear to ear for most of them.

Here's a snapshot from my vid.
attachment.php

(I forgot to spring the timestamp forward on all my cams).

yes I've been off the forum for a while. When I have free time I catched up on sleep as my two boys were sick...all better now and in the mean time I have received some new LED blinkers. Also my GPPpro Evo can is underway....

off
002-6.jpg

on
003-4.jpg

Today I replaced the small light bulbs next to the headlights for LED's, instead of the yellowish light, its nice and white. easy but very satisfying adjustment.

today i mostly gutted my one remaining cat and carried out the Lars airbox mod, uploaded the Lars PCIII map then promptly scared the hell out of myself when i saw 150mph say hello on the speedo!

Back