What did you do to your FZ today?

Plasti Dipped the silver exhaust pieces, had the passenger pegs and hangers powder coated, dirt road seat.

Is the plastidip taking the heat ok? I dipped some wheels in the past to cover the messed up finish they had (looked pretty good when done), but have never tried an exhaust. Thinking about dipping my silver rad covers, I love that you can literally just peel the stuff off if you don't like the look :smokin2:

Is the plastidip taking the heat ok? I dipped some wheels in the past to cover the messed up finish they had (looked pretty good when done), but have never tried an exhaust. Thinking about dipping my silver rad covers, I love that you can literally just peel the stuff off if you don't like the look :smokin2:

As soon as the 30 degree temps go away I'll find out. :D I figured since I'll be getting a different can eventually if it doesn't hold up then I can just peel it off.

Fitted the new sargent seats and took off the lower faring, need a warm day to give her a bath!!!!!!!!

DSC00432.jpg

I love the C D screen. The stock one blasted wind right at the bottom of my helmet, even with earplugs it was painfully loud. I got the medium C D screen and at "slightly over interstate speeds" it was very quiet.
Well worth the money.

did my first oil change, 161 miles on the bike, figured id do one early - the oil came out black... put in some rotella and may have just slightly overfilled it a bit - but i cant take it out for a ride until i get my seats back from padding, def wanna put more miles on so i can take it in for its 600mi service soon :/ - ITCHING TO RIDE SO HARD.

Went for the first real short ride for this season. Sunny, cool, bugs out, snow.
Haven't sat like this for a spell, OUCH.

013-1_zpse41edcce.jpg
[/IMG]

I live just out side of the foot hills.

014_zps11d322dc.jpg
[/IMG]

New tires are still slick, tad over 100 miles on them. 1" strips on each side of back tire yet.

Well this is what I did yesterday and I will post pic's soon. (currently we are having a winter flash and there's like 8 inches of snow outside)

I installed the Convertibars and I can say I've ridden a couple times with them and they are great. I also installed grip warmers and new foam grips as well. I figured sense I was going to be changing everything over I might as well add them. I wasn't able to finish the grip warmers because I didn't have all of the parts for it. One botched order from amazon (thought I was getting a kit but only got the heater elements) and more research to do/ parts to order (ceramic resister) and it should be done.

I had to mod the internal faring cowls to allow for the Convertibars so while I trimmed them down I also installed a USB charger, and a DC outlet. I also added the LED from the new alarm and the switch for the soon to be completed grip warmers. For the most part I feel they turned out pretty good, a mix of cutting and hot-glue to make them stay. I'm starting to think I should add some disconnects to the wires so I can remove the inner cowls without needing to let them hang by the wires. (another parts order I need to make)

I rounded it out with an oil change and a new K&N oil filter. I need to change out the air filter and I still want to change the brake fluid too.

Back