What did you do to your FZ today?

Cleaned her up some and lubed the chain, then removed the Exup motor and installed the exup-eliminator. Also installed a Powerlet to allow me to easily keep her on the Battery Tender and use my BMW heated vest in cold weather.

Happiness arrived this morning :sport12:

rvao14.jpg

Installed my freshly Ivan flashed ECU, removed my O2 sensor and installed an O2 Eliminator.
Installed Ivan's latest PCV MAP, blocked the AIS and now it's ready for tonight's TPS adjustments.
I want to get it all ready to go for a ride on Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9300

So there I was all keen to get the TPS adjustment done.

I have a set of security bits and low and behold the only one I'm missing is the T25H bit :(

Ok so no biggy, I'll go to Bunnings and buy the bit I need.
I thought I may as well turn the laptop off and close it as I will be a little while.

$25 dollars later I have bought a full set as they don't sell single bits :banghead:

So I get home all ready and raring to go and the f@#king laptop has decided that now would be a good time to install 111 windows updates, WTF?

So here I am over an hour and a half later waiting for my POS laptop to finish installing 111 Windows updates :looseit:

I'm all happy again, the TPS adjustment was a piece of piss. So I even had time to do the open & close throttle.
Now all that's left to do is go for a test ride.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I ordered the heavy, black Throttlemeister bar-end throttle lock the other day from Competition Accessories and got comfirmation from FedEx they are shipping today. I hope to get them by Saturday, but it might be next week. It would have been great to have them early in the year for all the longer trips the wife and I took.

I wonder if it will help my MPG to keep a constant throttle on long slabs. I think it should a bit, but I don't know if I will notice. OldBiker inspired me to finally order them. I'm still hoping to get a new rear shock (2 years trying now) and fork springs. Maybe next year. Too many things on which to spend money.

throttlemeister-install-lg.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the heavy, black Throttlemeister bar-end throttle lock the other day from Competition Accessories and got comfirmation from FedEx they are shipping today. I hope to get them by Saturday, but it might be next week. It would have been great to have them early in the year for all the longer trips the wife and I took.

I wonder if it will help my MPG to keep a constant throttle on long slabs. I think it should a bit, but I don't know if I will notice. OldBiker inspired me to finally order them. I'm still hoping to get a new rear shock (2 years trying now) and fork springs. Maybe next year. Too many things on which to spend money.

throttlemeister-install-lg.jpg
I finally got a real opportunity to try them out last Sunday. I decided to tour the southwest burbs of Chicago and go through Starved Rock on the way back to Bloomington.

They work just as advertised and once you get used to locking them on it does hold the throttle. Keep in mind that the bike will slow down as it goes up hill and speed up going down but you can tweak the throttle while it's still on lock. The best part is that you're not giving up any grip space for the locker.

Call me if you have a problem installing them but it's real easy once you get the spacers figured out. It's trial and error.

As far as helping the mpg, well don't expect any miracles as with any hold device you will be overriding it to adjust the speed and you're not changing the rpm/mph/gear relationships.

Last edited:
- New steel brake lines
- Unkinkable fuel line
- NGK Iridium Sparks

And if it doesn't rain like hell today, I'll spend the afternoon on the Dyno fine-tuning the PCIII. I downloaded all the maps, but here in Brazil we have 25% Alcohool in our gas, so, the results are unpredictable.

No problem.
Tomorrow is Saturday here so I will post up a ride report once I'm done.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Proper test ride has to wait.
I got called into work at the last moment.
I did however ride the bike to work and my initial thoughts are very, very smooth power.
I'll go for a blat tomorrow morning to give it a proper run.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Proper test ride has to wait.
I got called into work at the last moment.
I did however ride the bike to work and my initial thoughts are very, very smooth power.
I'll go for a blat tomorrow morning to give it a proper run.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Careful its "Double Demerits" this weekend!

Brought my FZ1 to my garage:dealer for her 40k km maintenance.
Yesterday enjoyed a day off sunny day in the Belgium Ardennes, adding another fun 500km to my preferred bike of twisties across Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany. Unfortunately my GoPro batteries are dead :banghead:

Felt some vertical play in the swing arm so I tore her all apart to investigate. Turns out the play is in the shock linkage and appears to be normal . Oh well at least I have all freshly greased bearings in the swing arm and linkage now. I also finally got around to gutting the cat since I had all the tools out anyway.

Back