What did you do to your FZ today?

In 2011 I paid around $550 AUD for my Arrow headers delivered, but we were running about 1.05 USD back then.

US sourced parts for us Aussies are not looking so cheap these days.

I got up at 6 am and went for a run through the Nasho.

No cops but heaps of early waking push bike riders to weave through lol

It got up to 38 degrees Celsius today (100 degrees Fahrenheit) and I was home by 10 am and beat most of the heat.

As always it was a fun ride and helped to ease my weekly fix :)

Last edited:
How do you like the ELKA Elite 3? Any special brackets needed?
So far I love it but I only have about 100 miles of twisties so far. No special brackets but the rubber mount pads it cam with. I had a R1 shock on it before and it is more stable now in the corners esp throttling out,and I loved my R1 shock so that is saying something.

Ordered a tail bag for it. I love the heck out of it, totally geeked, I just bought it a week or so ago, but man it has absolutely no storage.

I ordered a "MotoCentric Mototrek Roll Tail Bag" supposed to be able to hold a lot of stuff. Should be delivered in tomorrow.

Going to start riding it to work when it's nice out after I have a way to haul lunch and street shoes and stuff.

Whoever owned it before did a good bit of stuff to it. Has engine guard, chrome radiator guard, sliders with gold caps, highway pegs, powerbronze tire hugger with gold mesh, fender eliminator, and gold oil cap. It's sexy :)
(the highway pegs are not real attractive)

Sorry I got a bit long winded, I'm totally in love with my FZ1. lol

Installed AME heated grips today, haven't ridden with them yet but I think they will work very well. They are very comfortable and I can change them out during the summer months easily.

Finally got everything installed yesterday. I absolutely love the copperdawg windscreen, definitely worth the money i think. And since i havent been able to take it out for a ride yet so i dont know how the bar end mirrors will do but they look good at least.

Ordered a Danmoto Slip-on and TechSpec C3 kit. Exhaust will be here Friday. Hopefully grip will too.

I plan to lube the chain and clutch cable tomorrow and go for a ride

Matt

Finally got everything installed yesterday. I absolutely love the copperdawg windscreen, definitely worth the money i think. And since i havent been able to take it out for a ride yet so i dont know how the bar end mirrors will do but they look good at least.

Really nice man, looks great. Mine is the same year and color. :) Giving me ideas lol

Last edited:
Back