What did you do to your FZ today?

Cracking SoCal day. So I headed off on the FZ1 to the British pub in Santa Monica for brekkie with a mate. They had the England vs Wales rugby match playing too. Sunshine, ride, good brekkie and watching England win. Not a bad day. :)

The weather was great, the roads were quiet so I went for a ride and had lunch near a beach. (The Entrance for Aussies in the know). The view from the lunch spot:
file_zpsbe25c833.jpg

It wasn't today, but over the weekend I installed my Rizoma rearsets. I haven't had a chance to test ride the bike yet, but just sitting on it on the track stand the gear shifts feel more direct. I can't wait to get her out.

Handlebars, risers powdercoated black...

Reasets, brackets, pegs too...

:D

I'm thinking of having the upper tree and gas cap powdercoated also but then the upper tree won't match the lower one plus the gas cap is a bit dangerous job to take apart as i saw here how to take apart your gas cap for powdercoating (with pics) : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

If i remove the chrome plastic caps covering the risers' bolts is it possible for the bolts to get rusty?

Handlebars, risers powdercoated black...

Reasets, brackets, pegs too...

:D

I'm thinking of having the upper tree and gas cap powdercoated also but then the upper tree won't match the lower one plus the gas cap is a bit dangerous job to take apart as i saw here how to take apart your gas cap for powdercoating (with pics) : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

If i remove the chrome plastic caps covering the risers' bolts is it possible for the bolts to get rusty?

The bolts are plated to resist corrosion, but rust will eventually appear with or without the caps. You could easily replace them with stainless steel, black zinc plated hardware or simply paint em black.

5000k HID Projectors

Started last night, finished this morning. Morimoto Xb35 5000k Projectors. Painted the reflectors flat black along with the projector shrouds. So far they seem much brighter than stock. Bring on the night!

Started last night, finished this morning. Morimoto Xb35 5000k Projectors. Painted the reflectors flat black along with the projector shrouds. So far they seem much brighter than stock. Bring on the night!

Love the blacked out look.

Im about to put HIDs in my gen1, could you take some pics of how/where you mounted everything else, please?

Only had her for 2 weeks and the mods are already starting...
added a fender eliminator with FZ1 logo cut out and
a new tail light with blinkers built in. The brake light blinks 3 times when pressed then stays on, blinkers are in stages like the mustang blinkers.

I stuck a reflector on the back side of mine

004-6.jpg

Back