What did you do to your FZ today?

Had a few minutes at work so I made this to rest the side stand on on soft surfaces . I like it better than a flattened beer can.
Almost a shame to rest a side stand on it, since it looks nice. Just don't forget to pick it up before riding off, why do I say this......:eyebrow:

That looks awesome. :thewave:

Here's my side stand soft surface rest...
51V5IGGSBcL._SY300_.jpg

Cheap, easy to carry a few under the rear seat (extras for friends if needed) and if you forget it, no big deal.

I took the beast out of the cage and my wife took her wee ninja. My daughter was staying at a friend's house, so I put my 14 year old son on the back of my FZ1 with the Corbin back rest and the 3 of us took off.

I quickly found out that my 14 year old son is a little large for the rear seat of the FZ1. The passenger pegs were too high, and his hips and knees bothered him most of the 100+ mile trip. We stopped at regular intervals to allow him to stretch. He made it fine, but will need his own bike in a few years. :surrender:

We hit a decent (for IL) stretch of road with hills and curves between Terre Haute, IN and Paris, IL. He said he did enjoy the curves! :Rockon:

Well I accomplished the AIS removal today. That pump is a PITA to get out!. Just waiting for the gasket sealant to cure so I can flush the coolant system and get her all buttoned up. Used Dale Walker's AIS removal kit. Also changed out my plugs and air filter. There has got to be an easier way to get those plug wires out too. I might mess around and move some other wires around so the plug wires will come out easier next time.

It's Sunday so I will...

Wipe it down and pack tank bag for tomorrow's commute(Moms laundry). We are back in the road bikes peddling to work, so I take the FZ1 just on Monday and Thursday, when she is off with the granddaughter. The El Camino is for all the Northern CA car shows coming up. Bought some Saddle Bags(new/returned) last week $99.

:thewave:

Attachments

• Saturday Fun.jpg
    Saturday Fun.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Installed a set of speed bleeders on the front and flushed / bled my front brakes. It is so simple with these things, I love them. Also finally cleaned the surface rust off of my chain after sitting all winter. All I need now is an oil change and I am good to go for the season!

I am still waiting for it to warm up a bit more so I can start riding to work. This upper 30's in the morning is driving me nuts.

Did Fuzzy's stock mirror mod, WOW what a difference that makes! If you are still fighting trying to see around your shoulders with the stock mirrors, I highly recommend you do this one!

Nice ride to Newcomb's Ranch for brekkie. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 99
Polished out the scratches and installed a used OEM chin spoiler, that I scored in a trade and took it out for a short ride to go have dinner with my mum.
First ride since my car accident, last Saturday. Chest and upper back is still a little tender for lengthy rides.

Back