What did you do to your FZ today?

went for a ride after I removed the pillion pegs and installed a R&G racing black exhaust hanger and an GYTR rear cowl. Poor pic from the phone, a cloud came over just as I pulled over to take the shot.

Attachments

• ride.jpg
    ride.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Thanks Hellgate, I like it too. I just missed out on a set of Brembo front calipers, was an awesome deal, but he didn't have the 130mm mounting bracket,and you can't buy them separately, so I had to pass on the deal :-(

Well, technically it was yesterday, but this is my first chance to post.

After waiting 2 months, I picked up my FZ1 yesterday from the shop that was storing it for me. Bought a 0 miles 2012 leftover back in March right before leaving town for a couple of months. Yesterday was my first day back and I went straight to the shop to pick up the bike and took it out for it's maiden voyage. This bike ROCKS! Super pleased with my purchase and loved riding the thing, though I was only able to spend on hour on it (wife thought I should spend some time with her as well).

I was expecting some possible fueling/throttle issues after reading the forum for the last two months, but experienced none! The on/off nature of the fuel cut off must have been solved by now, as I did not experience it (have had other bikes with that issue). All in all, the bike was a pleasure to ride with no issues noted of any kind. The shop did manage to scratch my stock windscreen when remving a note they had taped to it, but no worries, as they offerred to replace at no charge with whatever I wanted, so I have a dark smoked screen on the way :D

I bought a new 2012 last year and experienced the same as you with the throttle.

You would have replaced the stock windscreen even if they didn't scratch it, that was the first thing that I had to get rid of. I now enjoy using the sub $20 Chinese double bubble in black, it looks good and the air flow suits me. I had a touring screen on it and eventhough it block most of the wind it was NOISY.

I bought a new 2012 last year and experienced the same as you with the throttle.

You would have replaced the stock windscreen even if they didn't scratch it, that was the first thing that I had to get rid of. I now enjoy using the sub $20 Chinese double bubble in black, it looks good and the air flow suits me. I had a touring screen on it and eventhough it block most of the wind it was NOISY.

I was looking for screens before picking up the bike, but figured I would wait til I picked up the bike. Funny how these things work out!

Rode with the wife on the back tonight and she loved it. She was actually comfortable and didn't have one complaint. This bike is turning out to be an awesome purchase! :sport12:

OK today was WFO and brake test. I think the rear isn't right ? Seems soft, Front is crisp, got in 60 miles in the hills today of twisty stuff. Need to get hat GoPro working and make some Vids, Stay tuned. I twisted her close to the stop. 3rd at over 70 the front seemed like it was wanting to lift off ? What a rush.

OK today was WFO and brake test. I think the rear isn't right ? Seems soft, Front is crisp, got in 60 miles in the hills today of twisty stuff. Need to get hat GoPro working and make some Vids, Stay tuned. I twisted her close to the stop. 3rd at over 70 the front seemed like it was wanting to lift off ? What a rush.

I haven't looked at my rear brake yet on the new addition. Does it have the dual bleeders like on the GenI? If so, I found that bleeding the "inner" screw first makes a world of difference. Also, cracking the banjo at the reservoir can help as well. Tony taught me that one when I couldn't get a hard lever on the YZF after changing over to Braided Lines.

We have a hearing impaired lady in the office at work who has never been on a motorcycle before. So last Friday I took her for a spin around the block. She loved it!

Attachments

• 10157260_701503623221467_7959518252895792052_n.jpg
    10157260_701503623221467_7959518252895792052_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 97
  • 10277548_702784049760091_7675907939356022520_n.jpg
    10277548_702784049760091_7675907939356022520_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 94
Installed RSC clutch perch/lever. MUCH easier clutch pull, it's absolutely worth the money. Its kind of amazing how much difference moving the lever and cable pivot points a small amount makes. I had a cheap MSR motocross style perch/lever setup before which made the clutch pull a little easier, but the RSC made a huge difference. I I'm gonna get one for my motocross bike as well :D

Righteous Stunt Metal - RSC Stunt CLutch Lever

Decided to put my new renthal bars on. Unfortunately, being a little heavy handed, i broke the throttle cable at the wrong end! Anyway, got the new bars and all set up before trying to find where the other end should be. After removing fairing panels and tank i am still not able to see.

Anyone here know where it is located and how easy it is to fix or replace? Thanks

Sent from my PMP5101C_QUAD using Tapatalk

Back