What did you do to your FZ today?

I have been on the yamaha snowmobile forums for a long time (ty4stroke) and thought I should join the motorcycle side. I bought my 2006 fz1 last summer with 9100 miles and reached 11300 this week. The bike came with a mivv gp exhaust, fender eliminator, fz8 bar conversion and a puig windscreen. The first mod I did to it was a add a Sargent seat last summer. This weekend I started to mod it again I added shorty levers, ram mount phone holder, r1 mirror block offs, and eBay bar end mirrors. I hope to also add this summer a pcv, ais block offs, air box mods, secondary flies, k&n air filter, and hids.

I would love to put pictures of my bike on here but my laptop and my phone won't let me use the pictures taken with my iPhone. Is there a trick to uploading pictures?

How did you clean the sprocket at the front, mate?
The rear is accessible, but at the front you have to dismantle some parts to reach it. Can you shed some light?
For the GenII you will need to remove the long shifter rod, one end is a right thread while the opposite end is left thread. Take note or mark the length as it dictates the height of the shift lever.
Once the rod is removed you will need to remove the 4 Allen bolts that hold the plastic sprocket cover in place.

Rain Ride

Took a 25 mile cruise in the rain after 6 days of no riding from surgery.:waiting:

For the GenII you will need to remove the long shifter rod, one end is a right thread while the opposite end is left thread. Take note or mark the length as it dictates the height of the shift lever.
Once the rod is removed you will need to remove the 4 Allen bolts that hold the plastic sprocket cover in place.
Exactly what had to be done. Only there is 3 allen bolts. Thanks ballmead.

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing a Motodynamic (smoked) tail light in my 2009. I love the look of the progressive signals, and feel that the brake flashes before solid add a little safety. Plus it's one (two?) Less thing to tape when I take the bike to the track on the 20th now that I've removed the factory signals.

I bought a Y adapter for each side and will probably make a winter project out of putting signals on my Givi bags. No hurry on that project, though!

Sent from Tapatalk on my Note 4.

Went on the local Yamaha World's monthly ride with my brother. This month I was the only FZ1, by far the most popular bike was the MT09 (FZ09). There were at least 5 of them on the ride out of about 20 bikes.

Track day time

Not today, but gave my Fizzer and myself a nice workout on the Mettet Track. The FZ1 came equipped with full new R1 forks and brakes and handled perfect.
Rear brakes went too fast in ABS mode though...front is serious improved stopping power, but not aggressive compared to the originals
Need new tires though. Ambient temperature of 26°c, hard accelaration and noticed (yeah two near highsiders) my MPR3 are passed their capabilities...Will need to look for new sporty tires, M Pilot Power or the new Metzeler Sport TEC

Attachments

• 143617070040440900_resized.jpg
    143617070040440900_resized.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 143616994351842900_resized.jpg
    143616994351842900_resized.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 143616788167729500_resized.jpg
    143616788167729500_resized.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 96
Not today, but gave my Fizzer and myself a nice workout on the Mettet Track. The FZ1 came equipped with full new R1 forks and brakes and handled perfect.
Rear brakes went too fast in ABS mode though...front is serious improved stopping power, but not aggressive compared to the originals
Need new tires though. Ambient temperature of 26°c, hard accelaration and noticed (yeah two near highsiders) my MPR3 are passed their capabilities...Will need to look for new sporty tires, M Pilot Power or the new Metzeler Sport TEC

Holy crap where is your footpeg ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get new sneakers, go with the 55R rear. The turn-in on the track is much improved with the rounder profile. :D Looking great!!!

Lonney said:
Holy crap where is your footpeg ?

Lonney, I believe those are the aftermarket racing pegs and are cut that way but he still dragged them. :D

As for my FZ1? It sat home today... torrential downpours here sporadically throughout the day.

That track riding sure looks fun!

What did I do to my FZ1? Last night I swapped-in my "highway" sprockets for next week's forum meet-up in Ouray, CO. Changed from my "city gear" (16/47) to my "cruiser gear" (17/42) since 90% of my ride will be 75mph+.

Back