What did you do to your FZ today?

Corbin Seats!

I ordered (and received) new Corbin seats for both front and rear for my 2008 FZ1, but, sadly, it all sits in storage until next January when I get back to the US. Sure hope they fit!

New front brakes, sprockets, and chain!
DSCF4641.JPG

DSCF4642.JPG

DSCF4658.JPG

This morning I dropped the front end 5mm and then went for a ride.
Combined with raising the rear 5mm my bike handles like a scalpel.
It holds a tighter line and is much quicker to steer, I'm loving it.

Last edited:
I cleaned and lubed my chain. I used Maxima Clean Up and Maxima Chain Wax. I hadn't used these before, but had heard good things about them. I thought they worked well. Pretty big wrenching day, huh? Now I just need to to that to the Ninja 250R, but alas, no center stand. :shame:
x75920.jpg
Chain%20Wax-2T.jpg

I cleaned and lubed my chain. I used Maxima Clean Up and Maxima Chain Wax. I hadn't used these before, but had heard good things about them. I thought they worked well. Pretty big wrenching day, huh? Now I just need to to that to the Ninja 250R, but alas, no center stand. :shame:
x75920.jpg
Chain%20Wax-2T.jpg

I also use Maxima Chain Wax. I clean mine using a toothbrush with jet fuel(kerosene) then use the wax. Works great and doesn't sling oil everywhere.

Took mine to the Yamaha Demo at the dealer today.

Rode an R1 and the Super Tenere. I hate to say it but as good as that crossplane engine sounds, It just ain't worth it. The R1 engine and the ST engine felt pretty much the same when you're doing around town speeds. When you get on it, the R1 is proper quick.

Just like the last demo, I didn't ride anything that'd make me want to trade my Fizzy. I've got Baby running just right and I'm a happy Tamer!

While I was at the dealer, I got the service guy to inspect my chain install. I was worried I had it too tight. He said I did great and offered me a job! He said I needed to ride it a little and it would be all right.

How about $10 for that locking sprocket washer! I wish it would have been apart of my chain kit so I didn't know how much the darned thing costs. I replaced the one I reused when I put the chain on yesterday with the $10 one I got today. No wonder some people want to re-use 'em at that price you should be able to use them at least twice.

So far I have only cleaned my chain once. :) Here is what my old chain looked like. I’m not big fan of cleaning anything and my bike is proof.
I got my hands on Tirox 360 chain cleaning brush but not Tirox chain cleaner spray. I used a Tirox 360 chain cleaning brush with Bean Clean. The chain I cleaned had 16,000 miles on it and roughly 40 times hit with lube/chain wax.

Tirox.jpg

Before
Tirox_before.jpg

During
Tirox_during.jpg

After
Tirox_after.jpg

Cleaning this chain didn’t take long and with little effort. I sprayed the chain with Bean Clean and immediately started to clean the chain using a Tirox 360 brush. I didn’t let the chain soak before cleaning. I cleaned in sections and sprayed with water. Who knows maybe this will inspire me to clean my motorcycle one day. :)

I found out about both Tirox and Bean Clean from webBikeWorld.

Tirox
Tirox Motorcycle Chain Cleaner - webBikeWorld

Bean Clean
Bean Clean - webBikeWorld

Who knows maybe I'll clean my bike and chain this weekend. I doubt it though. :)
Okay that's it. I'm cleaning my chain today. :) I'm not sure about the motorcycle but who knows I might clean it a little.

Last edited:
Well, didn't exactly get to do anything on the FZ1 today. I chose to take a step back and get my buddy's scoot running. He picked up a 2010 50cc Scooter with 300 miles on it for only $500 bucks. It's not even broken in yet and already wouldn't run. Not sure what the kid did with it but it looked "showroom" clean so I suspected "dirty carb syndrome". He's a good friend so I offered to let him leave it in the garage and take a look see. I broke the carb down early this morning and gave it the "once over". The electric choke is definitely trashed with a unshielded wire which may have been shorting out on the carb body. After two hours of work, she is now a "runner"! So $500 bucks and two hours work netted a brand new Chinese Scoot! Not bad considering that they are going for about $800 plus shipping and taxes. Here are some shots from today.........

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

And some video..................
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN7y6WtdYgY]YouTube - JL50QT-6A Running Again[/ame]

I had it around the block and it's pretty zippy for a 50cc. At 100mpg and holding 1.16 gallons, for 5 bucks I could probably go back and forth to work for 2-1/2 weeks! How's that for saving gas?!

My son (slyter485) came down from Denver for Mother's Day and his new bike had bar risers, which he didn't care for, so he gave them to me. :party0011:
And we also lowered it another couple of inches! :

Last edited:
Really? Why did you consider trading for a ZX6R? Just curious.

Just fancied a change!

I was offered a new ZX6R for a good price and a good part exchange price for the FZ1 so I was seriously considering it.

The way bike prices are going in the UK, I doubt I'll be able to afford a new bike after next year. Even an FZ1n is over £10,000 new now!!

Just fancied a change!

I was offered a new ZX6R for a good price and a good part exchange price for the FZ1 so I was seriously considering it.

The way bike prices are going in the UK, I doubt I'll be able to afford a new bike after next year. Even an FZ1n is over £10,000 new now!!

Wow £10,000 for an FZ1? Thats around $15,000 US right?

Back