What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Go clean your ears man! I'll never willing sell the FZ1. Sold my VX800 after finally admitting to myself I'm no mechanic. I gotta get my eyes checked though, I swear I see "2009 FZ1" in your sig line. I need to get caught up on this forum. Haven't been on either in a while...busy building and flying quads, lol.

Go clean your ears man! I'll never willing sell the FZ1. Sold my VX800 after finally admitting to myself I'm no mechanic. I gotta get my eyes checked though, I swear I see "2009 FZ1" in your sig line. I need to get caught up on this forum. Haven't been on either in a while...busy building and flying quads, lol.

Hahahahaha!!! Yes! Your eyes are better than my ears! The Sig is correct Patrice. Picked up a sweet 09' with 2500 miles in absolutely "like new" condition, and have been having a ball on it since! GenII's are really awesome!

Hahahahaha!!! Yes! Your eyes are better than my ears! The Sig is correct Patrice. Picked up a sweet 09' with 2500 miles in absolutely "like new" condition, and have been having a ball on it since! GenII's are really awesome!

The blood flow isn't fully reaching above your shoulders...... ;) Perfectly normal considering.

GenII's are really awesome!
Blashpemy and proven totally false at this year's FZ1 rally. Likely to be re-proven again at fall gathering in W.V.
Just ask PJ, he'll tell you all about the gen2 guy who took his bike to wheeler's to get dynoed had results that would make any respectable gen 1 owner cringe, When the guy asked pj what he could do to get better numbers, pj didn't have any advice for him beyond get a gen1 but he kept that to himself. No need to kick a gutted,

I really need to ride Andy's gen2 since he got ivan's flash. He's seen the light and the gen2 is up for sale so he can get the new 9

Blashpemy and proven totally false at this year's FZ1 rally. Likely to be re-proven again at fall gathering in W.V.
Just ask PJ, he'll tell you all about the gen2 guy who took his bike to wheeler's to get dynoed had results that would make any respectable gen 1 owner cringe, When the guy asked pj what he could do to get better numbers, pj didn't have any advice for him beyond get a gen1 but he kept that to himself. No need to kick a gutted,

I really need to ride Andy's gen2 since he got ivan's flash. He's seen the light and the gen2 is up for sale so he can get the new 9

LOL!! I have to say, being that I've owned both generation bikes, and with nothing to do about horsepower ratings or torque and dyno figures, that I like the GenII over the GenI. Like I've said in other posts, I can't put my finger on what it is but I can literally ride this bike all day and get off with zero fatigue or any aches and pains. That, in my book, gives the GenII two thumbs up. As for power and stuff, I don't see a major difference between the two. Pretty much the same general powerband. Tame down low and rip roaring on top. I like the fuel injection though. There is a little throttle snatch though which bothers me. I thought that was taken care of by 09' but it's there and noticeable. My YZF is smoother on and off the gas than the 09'. A testament to Ivan's jet work on the YZF. I really noticed it this past Sunday after riding 165 miles on the FZ1 and then coming home and jumping on the YZF. It's all about body shape, ergonomics, age, etc. Some guys love the GenI over the GenII for comfort, but with my dimensions, it seems the GenII suits me much better.

If you say so. I've ridden gen2 before and didn't feel that comfortable. There must be something to it as it's had a longer production run than the gen1. At this point, my gen1 is custom to me so almost anything is uncomfortable in comparison. I've decided my next bike will have to be drastically different from the FZ1. If I had the money, I'd get a victory and a ds. I'm glad you're back to fz1 ownership no matter if it's the wrong gen or not.

If you say so. I've ridden gen2 before and didn't feel that comfortable. There must be something to it as it's had a longer production run than the gen1. At this point, my gen1 is custom to me so almost anything is uncomfortable in comparison. I've decided my next bike will have to be drastically different from the FZ1. If I had the money, I'd get a victory and a ds. I'm glad you're back to fz1 ownership no matter if it's the wrong gen or not.

Hahahaha!!! Hey, how many miles do you have on the GenI?

Yesterday I took out the old bike, xv535, as I hadn't ridden it since I bought the FZ1. Wow is all I can say for every aspect of the ride. The bike felt TINY, I had to pull the clutch in a few times to make sure it was working (incredibly light), the first stop light what was racing through my head was "why isn't it stopping!" oh the brakes on that thing are atrocious! All in all it was a fun ride, but man will I be happy to get rid of that thing. I love my FZ!

Installed NGK SB05E plug caps with NGK SD05F wipers on the Stevlio. The stockers can crack and leave one stuck.

uploadfromtaptalk1403403162774.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Installed an EarthX battery. Saves 10 pounds. It also has a maintenance system so no special charger needed. Any newer trickle will work.

uploadfromtaptalk1403403733886.jpg

Made a much smaller windscreen from a barn door of a Cal Sci I got for free. Used a jigsaw to cut it down a block sander to dress the edge. I'll polish it someday.

uploadfromtaptalk1403403937961.jpg

Removed the charcoal canister and for the venting made a throttle body balance tube. It smooths the motor out a bit and prevents the canister from filling with fuel in the event of a tip over...nap.

I had to pull the fairing and tank to get to the bugger.

uploadfromtaptalk1403404132264.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403404152285.jpg

I also fiddled around with GuzziDiag software for a couple of hours. I can't get it to talk to my bike. It is a full ECU manipulation software package. Set TPS, CO, Lambda sensors, ignition, and read error codes. With Tuneecu I can copy, edit and upload maps. Just can't get the FTDI cables to talk to the computer.

I need to sync my throttle bodies at part of the first service but I need to set TPS first. Ugh. Software....

Wife and I got hungry and decided to take the bike out for lunch. 385 miles, lunch AND dinner out before we got back home. LOL! Was a good day.............We were about halfway here and needed a pit stop to usea bathroom and take Motrin for me knee, was sitting in the shade relaxing and drinking a Coke.........................

TC9vmFtl.jpg

Freshly washed and ready for new tires!

Back