What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Wilbers rearshock installed, me happy

On order new Wilbers rearshock for my Tiger800. Hope to have it fitted end next week

Had it installed at Selecteer een afdeling - motorhuis Thijs. Now need to start adjusting to my ridingstyle.
Hydraulic Preload via grey handle
High speed and low speed rebound setting and compression setting...many parameters to set before wil get it right

Attachments

• IMG_5853.jpg
    IMG_5853.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5855.jpg
    IMG_5855.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5856.jpg
    IMG_5856.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 41
Took the Tiger out on some dirt roads in teaching/coaching some newbees on the tips and tricks of offraoding their Tigers.
As I briefed the participants the roads were doable (but challenging) on streetroads, I kept my Anakee reartire mounted. Had lots of fun sliding

also installed a GIVI rearhugger to protect my new rearshock (protection is relative :) )

filmed one of the newbees traveling a waterpuddle

pw=Genappe

Last edited:
Sandra and I did a little BC loop over Sunday and Monday. I was looking forward to testing the new shock on twisty roads with a passenger -- it definitely did not disappoint. We had a blast winding through the canyons, up mountains, through open ranch land and into wine country.

During the trip, I hit a little bike milestone:

Last edited:
Fitted a new carbon hugger to the speed triple r. I had to remove the rear tire because one of the screws holding the hugger is on the underside of the hugger. Had to borrow the giant 46mm socket from a friend but have my own on the way.

075f1a34ae95d689f086fbc9524a576a.jpg

a96913e67ebeb4611918a1c4cc870cff.jpg

Ya buddy it's a HOOT. Got about an hr today on it, Practice the figure 8 full lock turns is tough. Property isn't flat so have some good stuff to train on. Oct 2nd is competition day. I'll enter in the rookie class for sure. Been missing dirt riding for a few years and have wanted a trials bike for many many years. No sitting in this sport..

Ya buddy it's a HOOT. Got about an hr today on it, Practice the figure 8 full lock turns is tough. Property isn't flat so have some good stuff to train on. Oct 2nd is competition day. I'll enter in the rookie class for sure. Been missing dirt riding for a few years and have wanted a trials bike for many many years. No sitting in this sport..

I'm tired already!! But seriously, great looking bike.

Found a guy on Craigslist selling a 3-pack of EBC HH pads for my bike for just 100 Canuck bucks. Score! I'll do my yearly brake maintenance/cleaning over the winter and put the new pads in while I'm at it. 36,000 km or so on the current EBC HH and still have some life in them. I'm glad they lasted this long.

I took a 2010 R1 for a ride today. My mate and I swapped rides for a while.

It was surprisingly comfortable as it was equipped with helibars and oh that noise, it sounds awesome and it has heaps of top end power compared to my FZ1.

I guess I only ever mentioned this and put one pic up in Brenda's BMW thread.... At the end of the summer after a ride here in the hill country, Michele was having some minor issues with the '07 FZ1 (turned out it just needed the Morgan tune to balance the intake). Deciding that the bike never really fit her well and lowering it rendered the rear shock virtually useless, I though it would be great to find a bike that better suited her non-aggressive riding style and that would fit her as best possible with OEM setup. Well, BMW is about the only manufacturer that caters to people of all sizes, big and small. After getting her to the dealer to try on a few bikes, she settled on the F800R. With the factory low seat option, the bike fits her very well! As expected, a BMW comes with all the mods we would normally buy and some we can't. Her beast came with ABS, Brembo brakes, SS brake lines, fully adjustable front and rear suspension, USD forks, steering stabilizer, heated grips and gear indicator. I have her purple Harley eater up for sale. It's had the tires kicked a couple times but no serious offers.

On her BMW, I've only added the center stand, frame sliders, fly screen, adjustable foot pegs (she had a hard time reaching the brake and shift levers) and a brake pedal extender (BMW makes them too short, right Brenda?)

Here's a show room shot after she bought it, a shot after arriving home and a shot with the fly screen.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160725_182351496.jpg
    IMG_20160725_182351496.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20160730_151731447.jpg
    IMG_20160730_151731447.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20160805_101435700.jpg
    IMG_20160805_101435700.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
That's actually a good looking bike there Eric! Not the typical engine cylinders sticking out the sides which always turned me off from those bikes. Well I'm happy to see Chele on something that fits her well. I hope she gets tons of happy miles on it!

Back