Where are the FZ1 Girls ?

Hello, I am the original owner of a 2003 FZ1 and just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. How many other lady FZ1 riders frequent this site?

I'm in the process of fixing up my bike after it was stolen in Sept. '07. Since I live in WA, I decided to fix it up over the winter and have it ready by April or May. My SO and I were TTC, and in March we got pregnant... Found out it was twins in May and the FZ1 went on the back burner. They are now 10.5m old and I'm *almost* done with the work. I'm trying to get the last part I need from salvage, but no such luck. Today is a beautiful day and I'm actually considering redoing the hotwire and going for a ride to the department of licensing for a new plate...we'll see.

Any WA riders on here?

I've had my 05 since 07. I got it not long after I recovered from a lupus flare up in my brain mostly because I couldn't find a good mechanic to get my VX800 running right. I check in here every couple of weeks.

I have been feeling so well lately, I am thinking of embarking on a North America tour either next spring or in 2011. :shine:

I've had my 05 since 07. I got it not long after I recovered from a lupus flare up in my brain mostly because I couldn't find a good mechanic to get my VX800 running right. I check in here every couple of weeks.

I have been feeling so well lately, I am thinking of embarking on a North America tour either next spring or in 2011. :shine:

That would be awesome! If you should make it all the way to New England to see the other ocean, my wife and I can ride with you, show you some sights and good places to eat. :D

That would be awesome! If you should make it all the way to New England to see the other ocean, my wife and I can ride with you, show you some sights and good places to eat. :D

You've got a deal.

The current plan right now is to head south from GA in early Spring to see the FL Keys, then go north and west from there to San Francisco via the Petrified Forest and Grand Canyon. From SF for the Northern part of the trip, I want to go up the Pacific Coast all the way to Alaska. Heading back east, I thought to get back to the US and take US 2 to Maine. I'm still trying decide if I should do that or work my way east through Canada until I get to US 2 on the other side of the Great Lakes. For the southern route, US 1 outta Maine and pick up the Appalachian Route all the way to my front door (okay nearly but you get the idea).

Skip the prairies

You've got a deal.

The current plan right now is to head south from GA in early Spring to see the FL Keys, then go north and west from there to San Francisco via the Petrified Forest and Grand Canyon. From SF for the Northern part of the trip, I want to go up the Pacific Coast all the way to Alaska. Heading back east, I thought to get back to the US and take US 2 to Maine. I'm still trying decide if I should do that or work my way east through Canada until I get to US 2 on the other side of the Great Lakes. For the southern route, US 1 outta Maine and pick up the Appalachian Route all the way to my front door (okay nearly but you get the idea).

British Columbia is awesome!, as well as parts of Alberta. As far as Saskatchewan and Manitoba go, it's a waste of tire. I used to live in Manitoba I know. Don't get me wrong, if you like the prairies, and they can be beautiful, then by all means. Just don't expect any challenging roads. Depending on your schedule you could end up passing by when I am touring, see; "touring thread: 2010 Late July" There are some great coastal roads on your way to Alaska. I'd be happy to show you the best ones.
Very ambitious plan and I admire you for it, You should be top of the pile on the "how many miles on your FZ thread", when your done.:drools:

You've got a deal.

I think I need new glasses... :D I read GA as CA and thought you were out on the west coast! :eek:

But, that sounds like a GREAT trip! Some day, I'll have enough time built up to take a cross country trip! So, when you hit New England, we'll hook up and ride! If you need a place to crash for a night, our door is open. :D

British Columbia is awesome!, as well as parts of Alberta. As far as Saskatchewan and Manitoba go, it's a waste of tire. I used to live in Manitoba I know. Don't get me wrong, if you like the prairies, and they can be beautiful, then by all means. Just don't expect any challenging roads. Depending on your schedule you could end up passing by when I am touring, see; \"touring thread: 2010 Late July\" There are some great coastal roads on your way to Alaska. I'd be happy to show you the best ones.
Very ambitious plan and I admire you for it, You should be top of the pile on the \"how many miles on your FZ thread\", when your done.:drools:

I read that somewhere else too. I saw your thread, if I do it next year, I might consider meeting up with you.

It'd make the doctors happy to know I was going to be riding with someone, right now it's looking like a solo trip. My mom is joking about coming with me (I think), but she doesn't ride and I don't want to put a sidecar on the FZ. I'd put on on my VX, but I've been cross country on that and I don't wan't to do that again.

Solo

I read that somewhere else too. I saw your thread, if I do it next year, I might consider meeting up with you.

It'd make the doctors happy to know I was going to be riding with someone, right now it's looking like a solo trip. My mom is joking about coming with me (I think), but she doesn't ride and I don't want to put a sidecar on the FZ. I'd put on on my VX, but I've been cross country on that and I don't wan't to do that again.

Most of the time I ride solo as well but from time to time a friend with a BMW gs 650 tags along. There is a lot to be said for the freedom of a solo ride. I meet people on those rides from time to time and end up sharing part of my trip which just makes it all the more interesting. My career has me talking to strangers every day and I just don't have trouble with that. When you have a common passion it's that much easier. Anyway when the time comes just let me know and we'll see if the schedules work.

You're right Oldschool, I've almost always rode solo before I was diagnosed. Afterwards, I rode in groups mostly because I didn't know where I was going and I didn't have the attention span to properly route maps.

I have regained most of that back but find I like the group I ride with now so I stay with them. I still do solo rides and didn't give a thought to doing this one solo until I got the reaction from my Doctor. You will note, I haven't stopped planning the ride because it will be solo.:flash:

*waves*

Hi there, I am one!! Been riding my new FZ1-N for about a year and I love it to bits! Reminds me a lot (in a way) of my old FZR600 that I had years ago. I find the bike a perfect size (I'm 5' 8"), and love the handling (esp. since tweaking the suspension settings). Of course, the power is just the hugest laugh of all!

Anyways, hi to all you FZ1 girls. nice to meet you!

Will do, Ally. I've been thinking about that trip a lot lately and the timing for it. I'd love to do it next year, but it's looking more and more like it won't happen until 2011. A lot depends on how much riding I get to do this winter and early spring. If it's like the last couple of years, I'll definitely be waiting for 2011.

I AM TIRED OF THE RAIN AND BAD WEATHER. I WANT TO RIDE!

Now back to your regularly scheduled FZ1 Girls thread, because, after all, Girls Just Want to Have Fun!

Back