Where are the FZ1 Girls ?

Gohot, are you near the dragon? What is the earliest I can get up there? I've been home (back in GA) for 5 years and still haven't ridden it. Some due to illness, other due to finances. I do not plan to let this spring leave without correcting that. I'd like to go during the week. Thanks.

Hay, I'm game for it, but the roads are still crummy in January here. Ooops, I think you think your talking to my Daughter, but no......it's DAD here, Yea, it would be a good plan to make sometime when the roads are better, so's the grip would be better. I'v yet to ride the Dragon, though I let people think I have because on my proximity to it. It's about two solid hours from my house, mabe two and a half. Lets, plan something for the early spring if you want....

Hoping against all hope that rides will occur today. Ended up having to buy a new battery for the FZ1 (didn't get it on the trickle charger soon enough:frown:) and had to get an oil leak fixed in the V* but we've got two bikes running, and NO RAIN with a forcast of 50 degrees. I hope I will get rid of my PMS* today.

*Parked Motrocycle Syndrome.

Gohot, are you near the dragon? What is the earliest I can get up there? I've been home (back in GA) for 5 years and still haven't ridden it. Some due to illness, other due to finances. I do not plan to let this spring leave without correcting that. I'd like to go during the week. Thanks.

Did you see our thread about the Sept 2010 Deal's Gap meet? Cheap stay! (My wife could use a 2nd Lady friend there for that week!) :D

Saw it and am currently working out finances so I can send some money to somebody to assure I get a spot. I didn't want to say anything because I also want to take the Total Control Classes and may not be able to come up with the funds.

Anyway, Sept is too far away for my severe case of Dragon-itis. I want, no, NEED that damned sticker!!

Hoping against all hope that rides will occur today. Ended up having to buy a new battery for the FZ1 (didn't get it on the trickle charger soon enough:frown:) and had to get an oil leak fixed in the V* but we've got two bikes running, and NO RAIN with a forcast of 50 degrees. I hope I will get rid of my PMS* today.

*Parked Motrocycle Syndrome.

I hear you. Weather here as been in and out. It's been too cold or too wet. Today was okay but I was committed to indoor activities so had to pass. Tomorrow looks promising and with money in the bank I'm certain a ride is imminent. I need to get the last few miles out of my rear tire before I buy a new one in a couple of weeks.

Note: One cure for PMS is NOT to search the internet for motorcycle gear. I just bought a new First Gear Monarch jacket for $69. And I found some touring boots I want.

I've also been planning rides. Dad and I are going to Savannah for the ST Patty's celebration. I'm waiting on the weather to clear so I can start teaching theWolf to motocamp. Of course, I need to get a new tent so I've been spending cold wet days looking for the best value. Just call me "Closeout Queen".:D

Set a record high temp on Friday, and had 2 hours of daylight after work. Got in about a 70 mile ride, just local roads, but WHAT FUN!!!

Rain again today, but it is looking good for later in the week.

It was a beautiful day here but I didn't ride. Too worried Mom to go too far but am jonesin' for a VERY long ride. Can't wait for St Patty's day trip with Dad, got the routes planned. Also been making lists of stuff I need for my 2011 North Amercia tour. I've done routes for that trip, but am still deciding about Mexico and how much of Canada I want to see. I have an inkling to try the haul road. I saw on the Other forum a guy did dirt roads on his fizzy with pirelli syncs and added some plate protection somewhere.

This winter is proving dangerous. I'm glad I don't have any tools or much money or my bike might be in pieces. That r1 front fork mod looks very tempting!! If I had a mechanical boyfriend, I might be in real trouble. Better to stick with the dawg.

We had a beautiful day here in the southeast. I got to ride around 385.1 miles this weekend (give or take a few), most of that today on a ride to Cheaha, AL with some friends. We had a great day and I got some bouncy video with my new "little" vid camera. The thermometer I put on the bike said it was in the low 70s where we were. It was low 60s by the time I got home around 7. A great 12 hours on the bike.

Tired as a dawg now. Supposed to rain Mon and Tues and get colder by the weekend. I guess it'll be easier to check the torque on all my bolts with that weather coming.

Just joined the forum, I have a 2007 FZ1, been riding bikes 20 years, had this bike for about 6 months, and ride pretty much every day. Glad I found this forum, I'm doing some of my own mods to the bike and I may have questions! :)

Just joined the forum, I have a 2007 FZ1, been riding bikes 20 years, had this bike for about 6 months, and ride pretty much every day. Glad I found this forum, I'm doing some of my own mods to the bike and I may have questions! :)

:welcome: and congrats on the FZ1!

You've got questions? We've got answers! Since you own a Gen II, I'll point you to the starting point for the mod help list: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/7114-gen-ii-mods-start-here.html

Anything you want to ask here is safe. This forum does not belittle riders who need information. :tup:

Take care and ride safe!

:welcome: and congrats on the FZ1!

You've got questions? We've got answers! Since you own a Gen II, I'll point you to the starting point for the mod help list: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/7114-gen-ii-mods-start-here.html

Anything you want to ask here is safe. This forum does not belittle riders who need information. :tup:

Take care and ride safe!

He's right on that one. I've asked a few dumb ones and nobody said nuthin'!! :bowdown: (Well, there was that one time; rotary, crossplane--hard to keep the terms separate.) Very helpful folk here too. Post up a pic of your ride, we'd all like to see. Welcome aboard!!

Hey welcome! What part of Texas are you in?

HI!
North Texas, I'll post up a pic soon, but I've added a few things already, some carbon fiber pieces, racing pegs, proton signals, tail reducer, and yesterday a brand spankin new Two Brothers carbon fiber racing exhaust. :) Very happy with how it runs and sounds! Next up a K&N filter and Power Commander. I'm having a lot of fun installing this stuff myself. I've worked on and ridden cruisers in the past, but this is WAY more fun! :wilynily:

Back