Where are the FZ1 Girls ?

I have realised that i have limited access to do things on the forum when using my Ipad2. So, now that I have worked that out I have uploaded some pics of my new toy from the laptop....lol...

Omg....lol.....I thought I was looking at a twin there. Spitting image of my bike. Tinted screen and all....haha.

Am going to have to take a ride down great ocean road and post similar pcs now....lol

We snuck one more ride in last week. Caught some fantastic weather on Friday, along with a 1/2 day of work. We rode out to Sahalie Falls and back (160 mile ride) and really had a great time. Any cars that got in our way were passed with safe yet aggressive throttle application.:)

201111NovTubasMC024.jpg

201111NovTubasMC019.jpg

I started my tire change...I got this far and had to call in the calvary. Hopefully he'll be here in the morning.
DSCF5359.JPG

Probably shouldn't've started this without supervision anyway. I've never done this before and contrary to every youtube video, this ain't easy. I'm sure there's something I'm supposed to know but don't that'll make it slip on. Once Cruzman gets here I'll likely feel foolish.

I forgot I'd need a different size wrench to get the front tire off now that I've got new forks. had to use a pipe wrench!
DSCF5347.JPG

don't tell anyone. :shaking head:

You had it Patrice! You just need to use the "long iron", slip it under the bead and behind the upright axle tube and pull it around the rest of the way. Then bring the second bead up to the top and again insert the long tire iron, bend it down behind the vertical rod again, and once again pull it around. You were so close! Oh, and a pipe wrench should NOT be part of your arsenal of tools for the bike, but we'll let it slide this time. :doh2: Let us know how it goes.

I had to call the Calvary. Cruzman came all the way across town and had the same problem I did. We went to Harbor Freight and got another tire iron. Then he took the rim off of the tire changer, put it on blocks on the ground, and we got it on the old fashioned way. I guess the HF changer doesn't like bridgestone tires. Putting the bridgestone on seems to be a two person job, even with the yellow thing.

Well, we'll see how it goes next change. It'll depend on what brand tires I get (what's on sale when I have money.) That rim is scratched all kinds of ways but the tire is on. Is it worth it to save $40/ set off the bike for a tire change? Yes.

I'm so sore today! Hands, back, etc. When my check comes, I'll get the proper wrench for the front axle. I guess I should have used the locking pliers instead?

Oh, heavens, I want to ride. Freezing fog, snow and rain on my weekends, and decent riding weather on the work days. Arrrgh

It is tough to have a bike and not be able to use it! Winters are too long up here. I think it is time to relocate. ;)

Eugene, eh? I have an old Army friend in Eugene. He works for UPS. Gotta get out there and visit with him!

I agree with Arnold.... take it to work! :yes:

Gonna have to post a pic of the work ride...take home patrol vehicle. I am really hoping that today's freezing fog (27 degrees) melts off by afternoon (forecast to get almost to 50) for a ride...or two, gotta keep ALL the bikes happy.

Back