Wifey's Riding!

Okay all.

After following the other post about my wife Michelle (from now on, Wifey) getting her permit and a bike, I thought I'd add some info.

She's already pulling away with no problems or stalling, doing esses through cones I've set up for her, braking smoothly and rolling on the throttle.

She even has done concentric circles now decreasing the radius over and over at low speed, inside of 9 feet!

That's a long way in 8 lessons.

I still worry about her riding, but she's really getting into it. I finally allowed her to shift the other day, and it's coming along well.

One bummer is she picked up a nail in her rear tire the other day while practicing in a parking lot.

That led me to getting her what she really wanted all along, which was a newer model Ninja 250 in Green instead of her 2005 in Blue.

Here's her blue learner! She loves them both.

Just keeping anyone interested posted on the trials and tribulations of a new rider. It's been a long time since many of us were learning or on a bike for the first time. I love when she smiles and is happy about riding and doing something new that she wasn't sure was possible.

Enjoy the pics.

Brian

Last edited:
Glad to hear everything is going so well! (except for the nail) I'd love to hear a comparison between the old and new Ninja 250's, since my wife is on a black '09. (I wanted her to get green, or at least red or blue since they would be easier to see, but she just loved the black)

Thanks for the update. Now we need a pic of the new green Ninja!

Glad to hear that she's making good progress Brian. The newer Ninja does look a lot better since it's styled right like their bigger bikes (ZX-6, ZX-10). I almost had a chance to ride one back in June while I was at Americade, but the rain canceled the ride. Seemed like a fun little bike and I was looking forward to really winding it out :D

Okay, pics of the new greenie meanie coming.

Today, I switched bikes with her and let her ride the FZ1 around the parking lot in 1st gear!

This is crazy! She decided we're all nuts to want something like that.

Okay, pics of the new greenie meanie coming.

Today, I switched bikes with her and let her ride the FZ1 around the parking lot in 1st gear!

This is crazy! She decided we're all nuts to want something like that.

LMAO! Give her a year or two, and she'll be upgrading soon enough!
That's what happened to me.....:sport12:

Boy, you guys are rough! Here are some pics of Wifey's new ride!

You should have seen her riding the FZ1 around!

I got some shots of her old and new bikes together at a local park where she's cruising around practicing low speed stuff and shifting gears.

Why am I riding an 05 Ninja 250? Boy, I got the shaft on this one!

Oh, and Brenda, she LOVES the new FZ8! At least the looks of it, anyway. I don't see her riding anything other than the little Ninja for quite a while, though. She just loves it.

Next thing you know she'll be joining a forum or two! Oh my what have you done!?!?! LMAO!
At least that's what my husband says! :rolleyes:

and I'll be interested to know how to edit & post a video too...I have vid of the Million Dollar Highway I'd like to share.

Last edited:
Next thing you know she'll be joining a forum or two! Oh my what have you done!?!?! LMAO!
At least that's what my husband says! :rolleyes:

and I'll be interested to know how to edit & post a video too...I have vid of the Million Dollar Highway I'd like to share.

Most of the recent Windows O.S. have Windows Movie Maker installed. If it is not installed go to Microsoft's web site and search for Windows Live Essentials. Best of all... IT IS FREE!
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

As far as posting a vid. Open a YouTube account and upload there. Just directly paste your video page URL in to the body of one of these messages and the video will appear embedded.

Last edited:
Oh, and Brenda, she LOVES the new FZ8! At least the looks of it, anyway. I don't see her riding anything other than the little Ninja for quite a while, though. She just loves it.

My wife also loves the FZ8, FZ6R and Ninja 650R. I don't think she'll want to upgrade for another year or two, but even she is starting to see the limitations of the wee-ninja. Don't get me wrong, it's a great little bike, especially to learn on, but power limitations and top speed don't make it very safe at highway speeds.

I look forward to the videos!

LOL. One hell of a reason to upgrade!

My attempt at humor flew over the masses.....just :poke: ya because of your recent purchase for the Gen II after originally inquiring what it would take to have a Gen I with a blacked out frame.....other reasons I'm sure affected your decision, but that is the first thing that came to my mind after you commented on the above.....

Back