Would I be crazy....

He had intermittent engine cutting out/losing power problems, I think he still has them, they have chased everything including replacing electronics, and cables, the works. When it's on he loves it, when it plays up he's red in the face. I still think he has issues every now and then.

I had a 2002,VTEC VFR, and I loved that bike. I've owned four VFRs over the years plus an ST1100 and an ST1300, so it goes to show how I feel about the Honda V4s.

The VFR is such an easy bike to ride. I like the linked brakes, but some don't. The sound, the feel, & the look of the VFR are still appealing to me. The only reason I bought a FZ1 over another VFR after I sold my ST1300 is simply because I wanted to try something different. But every time I see a viffer for sale, there's a part of me that thinks about going back to one.

Ride it, then decide. At least you'll know for sure.

Test drove the VFR today and I loved it. The sound is amazing. Time for a change!

I am putting the FZ1 up for sale at my favorite shop. I am going to detail it Saturday morning and drop it off at the shop immediately after. I signed an agreement and placed a deposit on the VFR so that they won't sell it.

I will be riding the DRZ until my FZ1 sells. ;) I knew there was a reason I bought the DRZ!

The FZ1 to date is the best motorcycle I have ever owned. That does not eliminate my need to try more and more of them! If I keep the FZ1 I never get to try another one.

Here are a few more photos of the VFR (with the FZ1 in the background on a few.) I am a little sad.

Test drove the VFR today and I loved it. The sound is amazing. Time for a change!

I am putting the FZ1 up for sale at my favorite shop. I am going to detail it Saturday morning and drop it off at the shop immediately after. I signed an agreement and placed a deposit on the VFR so that they won't sell it.

I will be riding the DRZ until my FZ1 sells. ;) I knew there was a reason I bought the DRZ!

The FZ1 to date is the best motorcycle I have ever owned. That does not eliminate my need to try more and more of them! If I keep the FZ1 I never get to try another one.

Here are a few more photos of the VFR (with the FZ1 in the background on a few.) I am a little sad.

Excellent!

Congratulations!

Congrats, hope it is fun for you on the VFR and the FZ1 sells quick for you.

Are you going to pull mods off? I'm interested in the rad guard, and the Graves AIS blockoffs.

Most of the stuff I can't pull off because I have no replacements and/or the time to replace them would not net me anything. That being said I do have a few things that will be up for sale like a touring screen, mirror block-off plates, seat cowl and Gen II FZ1 specific soft luggage. I will do official posts when I am ready. I need to dig through everything I have.

Most of the stuff I can't pull off because I have no replacements and/or the time to replace them would not net me anything. That being said I do have a few things that will be up for sale like a touring screen, mirror block-off plates, seat cowl and Gen II FZ1 specific soft luggage. I will do official posts when I am ready. I need to dig through everything I have.

What color is the seat cowl, I'm interested and never ride 2-up. PM me with pic and price if you don't mind.

Besides the Sound and the idea of just changing up your ride what drew you to the VFR enough to consider replacing the FZ?

It is my fantasy bike. Always has been since the early 90s. Who knows, I may hate it after a while. then I will move on to the next thing. ;) I never have been one to keep vehicle long enough to run it in to the ground.

Back