Yamaha logos in your avatars signature ect must be removed

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone is please remove any Yamaha logos you have anywhere on the sites. Posting Yamaha logos anywhere on this site is now officially against the site rules.

Moderators please keep your eyes out and remove as needed.

Well I had nothing doing and it's bloody cold out today so I went through all 298 pages of members and edited a huge amount of Yamaha Logos out of both Avatars and profile pictures. They are all gone!

:stupidPC:

Hopefully the members will understand.

I did not go through all the signatures though.

I also nuked all the pictures in my albums, and the thread about the forum gear, which might have got ugly...

Last edited:
Guys help me out here. I'm not trying to be funny or an a- hole but I am truly ignorant to the whole process of running and maintaining a forum website. Let me start off by saying I think Yamaha is being very petty and foolish to attack a website that does nothing but good things for them. With that said, is this really that big a deal to change the name and not use Yammie logos anymore. I understand there will be a lot of time involved for the admin people to make the changes and for that I am sorry. Will this incur a substantial amount of money to take care of? If so, a fund drive may be in order. If it's just hurt feelings, then let's just move on, do what needs to be done, and not give big blue the satisfaction. If it's much more than just that, then please explain the process to others like myself that want to learn and give support to this forum.

If the site is in danger of closing down, and the good people of this site are in danger of lawsuits and the such, I will indeed sell my FZ1 and never buy another Yamaha product. I refuse to support a company that does not support me and my interests. I did it with Subaru, went to ford and felt great when I did it.

If this is not that serious, let me know. I really do love my bike and would hate to sell. But principles may be at stake here and that's more important. Plus, I have my eyes on a Kawasaki I like.

Corporate Logos and The Man

Greetings: Newbie here. Just picked up a new 2012 FZ1 and love it! Wondering when I'm going to use my Concours now that I have this bike. Anyway, I'm also a longtime member of the BMWMOA group. The BMW corporate suits required all the BMW roundel logos be removed from everything. It's all about the money. Allowing use of your corporate trademark logo by anyone without payment can result in losing your trademark control over it ,I think. Great forum! Gabe

Well I had nothing doing and it's bloody cold out today so I went through all 298 pages of members and edited a huge amount of Yamaha Logos out of both Avatars and profile pictures. They are all gone!

:stupidPC:

Hopefully the members will understand.

I did not go through all the signatures though.

I also nuked all the pictures in my albums, and the thread about the forum gear, which might have got ugly...

Do you have an inventory of gear left?

If this is a copyright issue, then why are there so many Ford/Chevy/Subaru/Honda/Toyota....etc, etc, etc Forums out there for different versions of vehicles that are not getting harassed by companies much larger than Yamaha and with more to lose?

Seems very petty to me, even on the slight chance that this could somehow harm the parent company.

Shame on Yamaha.

Back