YZFriderNY's Yamahauler Thread

Thanks guys! I even have a secret surprise in the YZF Rebuild Section soon!! Wink Wink!

Is it your hot cousin? :hook2:

That trailer looks sha-weet. Excellent job. Now you're ready for your mid-west tour. Might I suggest the no slip paint on the ramps with Yamahauler on the underside so it's seen from the side of the trailer when the ramps are being used as sideboards? No riding up ramps!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bME88ZoFmAA&t=32s]shhhwearefailingnow-Motorcycle Load Fail ( harley davidson ) - YouTube[/ame]

That trailer looks sha-weet. Excellent job. Now you're ready for your mid-west tour. Might I suggest the no slip paint on the ramps with Yamahauler on the underside so it's seen from the side of the trailer when the ramps are being used as sideboards? No riding up ramps!

shhhwearefailingnow-Motorcycle Load Fail ( harley davidson ) - YouTube

No matter how many times I see that video, I laugh my azz off! ALL THOSE MEN standing there and he still attempted to drive it in!! Hahaha!!!

shhhwearefailingnow-Motorcycle Load Fail ( harley davidson ) - YouTube

Holy Crap!!! I was just thinking the same thing today Troy, I swear!!! I don't have a paint tray left until I get to work tomorrow but that's exactly what I was going to do! Great Minds Think Alike!!!!!

The trailer came out great. It's almost a shame to get it dirty...lol.

By the way I like the way the ramp connects to the trailer. No chance of it slipping off that's for sure.

Last edited:
The trailers came out great. It's almost a shame to get it dirty...lol.

By the way I like the way the ramp connects to the trailer. No chance of it slipping off that's for sure.

Thanks Tony! Remember pal, anytime you need to use it just come by and pick it up. Don't even think of renting anymore! I really don't mind at all. As for the Logo, I know it will get dirty but the paint is a high quality Oil Based paint and should wipe down pretty good.

Great Looking Trailer

Billy,
This is an amazing job you did on that trailer. Like Tony said, almost a shame to get it dirty, or drive over the logo. The mount for the ramp is a much safer way of attaching without fear of the ramp kicking back during loading. I like the idea of non slip on the ramp to. Now you just need a Forum Decal or two two complete the package. I think I can arrange that, let me talk to this guy I know.....:angel:

So Billy, what are you charging for those trailers? How many are you going to produce a month? LOL It turned out so great, I'm sure you could sell them at a decent profit. :)

As much as I love the trailer, I hope the YZF doesn't ride on it often. You should be out riding it... Now you just need a trailer for the YZF... :rofl:

0712_crup_03_z+readers_rides_custom_motorcycles+trailer.jpg

Camera2.jpg

Or a car replica trailer? :retard:
IMG00066-20110312-1130.jpg

This one was interesting. It reminds me of one of the old Styrofoam Big Mac boxes, but with a Goldwing in it... :confused:
Motorcycle-Trailer-open-b-786798.jpg

Billy,
This is an amazing job you did on that trailer. Like Tony said, almost a shame to get it dirty, or drive over the logo. The mount for the ramp is a much safer way of attaching without fear of the ramp kicking back during loading. I like the idea of non slip on the ramp to. Now you just need a Forum Decal or two two complete the package. I think I can arrange that, let me talk to this guy I know.....:angel:

Already there buddy! I keep a couple tucked away for special occasions!

IMG_3342.jpg

I wrapped up the paint on the ramp today after work. Everything is officially "blacked out" and looking sweet! I only need to cut off the tops of the ramp brackets so that they are even with the ramp. Of course I forgot the handsaw at work today!:banghead:

IMG_3344.jpg

Oh, and I'm now officially representing our home on the side of the Yamahauler!!!
IMG_3360.jpg

You've got a great tool to use Billy. Nice job! Maybe you could balance it out with a second ramp, one to walk up and the other for the bike? ;) Just a thought... :D

Want any other stickers? Racetech? Penske?

You've got a great tool to use Billy. Nice job! Maybe you could balance it out with a second ramp, one to walk up and the other for the bike? ;) Just a thought... :D

Want any other stickers? Racetech? Penske?

I was actually thinking about another "walk-up" ramp. It would also give some added protection on the sides should the bike ever come loose. Decals?, Hell yeah buddy! I think I have a couple of inches of real estate left on the rails!

Billy I hear ya about a walk up ramp. But let me tell you from experience. Your steppisnt that far. When your on a walk up ramp and the rear of the trailer starts to wiggle and they do, It will knock you off ballence.
If anything I would come up with a single step that is half the height and has a nice sized foot print with some traction tape if your looking to reduce the hop up to the top.
Ramps are spongy. Hard to walk on.

Just my opinion bro. Its like walking a 10" wide tight rope. And you will have a much great respect for the Wallenda family. LOL

That Trailer looks Hot!! I love the work.

Thanks for the advice brother. I gotta tell you though, and I'm sure that Hellgate would agree, that this trailer barely moves when you load the bike up on it. At 1195 Lb capacity, the 436lb bike barely lowers the trailer when loading. But just a box that is half the height of the trailer used as a step when I get to the back would probably be easier. Good point!

I ran over to Harbor Freight this morning early to pick up the D-Rings for the trailer. I have been collecting those 20% Off Coupons so I figured that now was as good a time as any to use them. I dragged Richie along to use a second coupon. I let him drive so he was happy to go!

I was going to pick up a grinder for $9.99 but while in the aisle I saw these Ratchet Tie Downs so decided on those instead. They were $14.99 but I got them for $12 bucks plus a Free Tape Measure! They are heavier than my red ones so I'll feel safer with these.
IMG_3361.jpg

The D-Rings were $5.99 each. I got 4 for $19 bucks after the discount. Not bad, as they are really heavy duty. Overkill for my trailer, rated at something like 10 or 12,000lbs, but I'll never have to worry again!
IMG_3362.jpg

I picked one up and shot a pic so you can see just how big these things are.
IMG_3363.jpg

One thing I read in the reviews was that they changed the length of these and that the 3/8 Carraige Bolts no longer fit flush on the bracket, causing them to go at an angle.
IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

Knowing this, I had already knew what I was going to do to remedy the situation. I broke out the bench grinder and took off one side of the head, fixing the problem.
IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

I'll do the other 7 bolt heads tomorrow at work because I noticed that my bench grinder, being about 60+ years old, ran at 24 Amps, and I didn't want to blow any fuses since the landlord is gone and I have no access to the fuse panel.

Lastly, I got a new air chuck from work. It's from Forney Tools, and is the professional grade like you see in shops.
IMG_3364.jpg

It has a sight glass and registers up to 60PSI, perfect for what I need.
IMG_3365.jpg

It started raining so I turned my attention to buttoning up everything left on the bike. Over to that thread now. See ya!!!

Last edited:
Back