YZFriderNY's Yamahauler Thread

Those D-rings are definitely heavy duty!!! Are you going to put a metal plate on the bottom of the plywood for "extra" support?

Nope, no metal plate Tony. It's going into the frame itself so there's no chance of them pulling out. The frame rails are two inches wide which is plenty wide enough for the bracket to sit on.

Nope, no metal plate Tony. It's going into the frame itself so there's no chance of them pulling out. The frame rails are two inches wide which is plenty wide enough for the bracket to sit on.

Oh I see! I thought it was going to attach to only the plywood deck. And you're right if attaching to the frame then there's no need for anything else.

Billy, make sure all the D-Rings are set up to pull the bike INTO the wheel chock. Any strap or two that fails, the others will hold the bike forward. I still have to relocate my rear shackles and center D-Ring to a more forward position. If they are pulling backward on the bike and the front strap lets go, the bike will pull out of the chock and dump. :(

Billy, make sure all the D-Rings are set up to pull the bike INTO the wheel chock. Any strap or two that fails, the others will hold the bike forward. I still have to relocate my rear shackles and center D-Ring to a more forward position. If they are pulling backward on the bike and the front strap lets go, the bike will pull out of the chock and dump. :(

Your correct sir! Yes, everything will be forward of the wheels, both front and rear. Plus, I always use a ratchet strap around the front wheel and the chock so that it can't come free of it. Thanks for the heads up!!:tup:

Yamahauler Officially DONE!!!

Because the shop couldn't inspect the Olds today I decided to start getting the D-Rings mounted early, so it was off to the garage for me. Everything went smoothly and the trailer is completely finished and ready to "Haul"!

The D-Rings are the Harbor Freight 1/2" boys that are rated for 10,000lbs, so I should be good with anything that sits atop the trailer!

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

I also test fitted the ramp now that the paint is dry. It's a tight fit but that should wear in over time and usage.
IMG_3382.jpg

I used some clevis pins to keep the ramp in place when on the road.
IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Here she goes with ramp and all D-Rings installed and ready to rock!
IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

So thats a wrap! Thanks for following along for the build. Hopefully this will give others some ideas for their haulers as well. I had fun doing it!

Great build. I didn't expect a trailer build to be so great, but it was! Not only will that thing haul a Yamaha, but I'm convinced it would also haul ass! (up to 10,000 lbs of it) :doh2:

ford-haul-ass.jpg

:shoot:

STM3206%20Haulin%20ass.jpg

:tup:

dre1048l.jpg

:nerd:

Nice trailer man! how much is it to register those in NY? i just settle for uhaul motorcycle trailers $14/ day if i need one

The problem is when you finish with insurance for the uhaul, and taxes and fees, it just doesn't pay anymore for me to rent. I paid $230.00 bucks after discounts for this trailer and I think it was $16 dollars for the year to register. The biggest problem is finding a uhaul motorcycle trailer in the Bronx! The last time I rented a trailer from Uhaul for two days it wound up costing me $86.00 dollars. I'm super happy with getting this trailer. God forbid I break down, my son can come and get me if I'm close to home, and when I want to make my PA trips I can go in the comfort of my car and trailer the bike. I'm no "spring chicken" anymore!

The problem is when you finish with insurance for the uhaul, and taxes and fees, it just doesn't pay anymore for me to rent. I paid $230.00 bucks after discounts for this trailer and I think it was $16 dollars for the year to register. The biggest problem is finding a uhaul motorcycle trailer in the Bronx! The last time I rented a trailer from Uhaul for two days it wound up costing me $86.00 dollars. I'm super happy with getting this trailer. God forbid I break down, my son can come and get me if I'm close to home, and when I want to make my PA trips I can go in the comfort of my car and trailer the bike. I'm no "spring chicken" anymore!

$230 :wow: im going to consider getting one.. just hard to find somewhere to put it even tho i like how its foldable! for the uhaul i dont bother w insurance lol...is there any way to fit 2 bikes on that bad boy(safely)??

$230 :wow: im going to consider getting one.. just hard to find somewhere to put it even tho i like how its foldable! for the uhaul i dont bother w insurance lol...is there any way to fit 2 bikes on that bad boy(safely)??

Yes, it could haul two bikes if you used two chocks. It's rated for 1,195 pounds which is more than what two bikes would weigh. I would however use "side rails" if I were going to haul two bikes, just as a safety precaution.

With my luck, the day I don't take the insurance is the day that something happens. I don't take chances.

Yes, it could haul two bikes if you used two chocks. It's rated for 1,195 pounds which is more than what two bikes would weigh. I would however use "side rails" if I were going to haul two bikes, just as a safety precaution.

With my luck, the day I don't take the insurance is the day that something happens. I don't take chances.

for the $230 does that mean the trailer, wheel chock, and lighting?? if thats the case hook a brother up on where to get those coupons lol

for the $230 does that mean the trailer, wheel chock, and lighting?? if thats the case hook a brother up on where to get those coupons lol

Just run over to Saddle River and get into Harbor Freight on Market Street. The trailer costs $369.99 but is always on sale for $299.99 Then you add in the 20% Off Coupon that can be found in their circulars and your down to $239.00 It comes with everything you see except the plywood deck and the wheel chock. The wheel chock is also from Harbor freight and sells for $49.99 but is always on sale for $29.99 Then use another 20% coupon and your at $23.99 So for less than $300 bucks you have your very own trailer to use whenever you want. Can't beat that!

Just run over to Saddle River and get into Harbor Freight on Market Street. The trailer costs $369.99 but is always on sale for $299.99 Then you add in the 20% Off Coupon that can be found in their circulars and your down to $239.00 It comes with everything you see except the plywood deck and the wheel chock. The wheel chock is also from Harbor freight and sells for $49.99 but is always on sale for $29.99 Then use another 20% coupon and your at $23.99 So for less than $300 bucks you have your very own trailer to use whenever you want. Can't beat that!

That's Saddle Brook Billy, not Saddle River...lol

And if I had room for it I would own one of those already. It's a good trailer for the money that's for sure.

That's Saddle Brook Billy, not Saddle River...lol

And if I had room for it I would own one of those already. It's a good trailer for the money that's for sure.

Did I say Saddle River again?? Jesus, I always do that. My Aunt Ethel is buried in Saddle River and I can't shake that name out of my head. Yes, Saddle Brook, NJ.

Back