Zady5 Throttle Snatch Method

hi delbert!

the flow of voltage starts from the positive (blue) passes in the diodes, and arrives to pink-white. practically always sends a voltage of about 1.85 volts to the ECU to avoid turning off of the injectors.
Thank you ,,think I get it now ,, I will try this in a couple of weeks when I have more time

ok delbert ! you will be happy to drive after mounting believe me!!!:noworries:
Delbert after mounting the device, post your impressions of driving I recommend, I would be happy, and if placed photos of work done help others who want to do it.
soon then thanks

Last edited:
Hi zady & thanks
Just to confirm we are not cutting the blue or pink wires , just bridging them ?
The photos make it look a lot simpler than the write up ,

Hi Zady5,
I am definately going to try this. I find the throttle lag a huge pain in the arse. Have to wait till pay day though, at this stage I'm so broke I cant even pay attention.

Hi zady & thanks
Just to confirm we are not cutting the blue or pink wires , just bridging them ?
The photos make it look a lot simpler than the write up ,[/QUOTE

in truth 'and' simple my device, and it 's easier to do it than to write it, you just have only to solder the wires to the diode not cut!!!. like photo on my post, respect the colours and after you will be happy.
photo with wires welded is for fz6, changes the position of the wires but the colors used are the same, the fz1 has pink-wite in the center the fz6 the pink at right

http://www.998cc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21974&d=1424041013&thumb=1

Last edited:
hello a7x3797!! i have answerd to roggiedog at pst n°38 i use the fall of voltage fall diodi (0.6 volts x 4 = 2,4 for send 1.85 volts to ecu
thanks for you answer. excuse my little english;)

Zady5 I'm suprised you or others have not marketed this if it works so well ,, a simple plug & play connector like the tre used on Suzuki ... I have ordered diodes at a cost of 99p and may have found plugs that will work to make a plug & play loom .. keep you posted

I hope this mod works well. I'm wondering if it works with remapped ECU also, not Ivan's flash but other ecu flashes from different tuners.

I hope this mod works well. I'm wondering if it works with remapped ECU also, not Ivan's flash but other ecu flashes from different tuners.

I would think that a remapped ECU would already take care of the throttle snatch issue so it would be irrelevant whether it worked with a flashed ECU or not. This would be a low cost alternative to someone who wasn't looking to have their ECU flashed yet still wanted to get rid of a snatchy throttle.

Zady5 I'm suprised you or others have not marketed this if it works so well ,, a simple plug & play connector like the tre used on Suzuki ... I have ordered diodes at a cost of 99p and may have found plugs that will work to make a plug & play loom .. keep you posted

Delbert hello! I posted my device available to all users without marketing it 'cause I also received suggestions and help in the forums I frequent, it seems right and proper way'. you help others and others will help you. have you find the right connectors? can you post the ilnk for me please, thanks

Last edited:
fair play to you Zady5 .. once connectors have arrived and I have checked them I will post a link , I ordered them from photos so bit of guess work
thanks again

This will not work across the entire rpm range... this was done last year by another member on the other board.

Basically, it just moved the fuel cut range up by appx 1000 rpm.

The only way to do it from outside the ECU is to use my FCE.... I figured this out back in 2006 and it cannot be done any other way from the outside

Again,
It is not possible for this to work in the upper rpm range where throttle control needs to be precise.

Ivan

This will not work across the entire rpm range... this was done last year by another member on the other board.

The only way to do it from outside the ECU is to use my FCE.... I figured this out back in 2006 and it cannot be done any other way from the outside

Again,
It is not possible for this to work in the upper rpm range where throttle control needs to be precise.

Ivan

Well it looks like that cats knackered then. Back to the drawing board then.
Never mind, shame too but if that's the way it is eh.

Still worth a punt I think ,, I don't have problems in the upper rev range , only the on off at low revs , so if it improves that I'm on a winner for a few quid

Again,

Ivan

ivan good morning! my device works, and I have not copied anything from anyone this is clear, I am a person correct. and 'true that it only works the first laps of the engine, but' at that point you need me, just to avoid acts fuelcut. as you may have seen from my post and 'very simple, but to avoid the on off works well.
hello ivan pleasure belongings known

Hi Ivan
basicly its snatchy bringing the power back on from a closed throttle you have to be really gentle with it , pulling away fast from stand still changing through the first two gears is the Same , can be made smoother by not closing the throttle right off ,

Hi Ivan
basicly its snatchy bringing the power back on from a closed throttle you have to be really gentle with it ,

Please try to be more specific here... What rpm range is this in?

pulling away fast from stand still changing through the first two gears is the Same ,
This is a separate issue and has nothing to do with fuel cut... This is fixed with either opening the subs sooner, or using smaller plates :)

Thanks,

Ivan

Back