Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield

light smoke can be seen thru in both day and night conditions..

dark smoke is as good as black.. can't be seen thru..

sometimes i really wonder what's the use of putting a windscreen that doesn't allow you to see thru? :doh2:

Well... Wind channeling around your body? And a low-cut DB I hardly ever look through anyway... Except maybe long straights on the track...?

Puig touring screen vs Zero Gravity Sport touring

I initially installed Yamaha touring screen at time of purchase. It works quite well. please lrt me know which of thethe puig or zero gravity touring screen offers the most protection from buffeting upper body and helmet. I ride year round:needpics::needpics:

I can offer some perspective for a gen 1 owner thinking about get the sport touring screen from ZG.

I am 6'5" and at freeway speeds the wind hits me.directly in the face.

im able to wear a baseball cap.forwards with no issue. I am happy with it heres some pics.
20130609_204231_zps17a34bcb.jpg

20130521_183048_zpse7f82935.jpg

Have to put 2cents in. Climate can be a factor. I have the ZG DB and the air mostly stays up in my face which at this time of year is critical to staying cool. If I don't have air hitting the vents and around my neck, I would die from the heat! I'm 5.9 so taller riders may need more screen and maybe in the cold it might be nice though to block more, but for me most of the year I'd rather have less screen.

I just recently bought a Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield from 4wheelonline, Got the smoked version. Well I totally agree it really looks good and terrific protection in high speed runs plus its so easy to install, by the way bought it for only $91.14 with free shipping.

I installed the Zero Gravity Touring Windscreen yesterday.

It's the "Smoke" tint, which is pretty dark. I think it complements the FZ1's matte black finishes nicely.

silas-albums-zero-gravity-touring-windscreen-picture4083-height-comparison-stock-zero-gravity-touring-windscreens.jpg

silas-albums-zero-gravity-touring-windscreen-picture4084-profile-view-zero-gravity-touring-windscreen.jpg

I'm 6'2" and perhaps a little taller in the upper body. Wind protection takes quite a bit off my chest, and just catches the tops of my shoulders. I'm a lot more relaxed now at 70mph+.

Wind still hits me in the chin, and keeps the noggin cool through my helmet's vents. There might be a bit more of a higher-register howl at freeway speeds. I usually ride with foam earplugs, but didn't yesterday on the test run. I'll have to do another round of noise tests, maybe even swap the stock screen. But overall, noise wasn't extraordinarily loud.

Fit and finish are great. I have a Zero Gravity screen on my 1990 FJ1200 and it's great as well. As you can see in the pics, the shape is less angular with smoother curves and outline than some other screens on the market. Something thing to consider for both aesthetics and function.

Back