Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windshield

Well it's October 31st and we hit a high of 10 degrees today in the sun. About Three weeks ago I put on the new Zero Gravity dark smoke Sport Touring Windshield. I wanted a screen that would direct the air higher than stock. Hopefully cutting out the wind turbulence at highway speed, as well as making it more comfortable in cold weather. Today we had the first day of nice weather since the instalation.
The screen is about 4" taller than stock with a more rounded top profile. It is also about 3" wider at the bottom and about 1" wider at the top. This gives it a more tapered look. For reference I am just a hair under 6' tall.
At 50 - 60 kph you feel no wind below the top of the helmet and no turbulence. At 100 - 150kph. again, No turbulence but the helmet vents get air from the fairing vent.
The screen itself is thick and solid with a nice finished edge. Not rounded and moulded like the stock shield. Optics are good, (not that you look through it) as I still look well above the top edge. It is not high enough to pose any distraction or limit forward view. Fit with the fairing and alignment of the mounting holes was perfect. Price was $119.00 Canadian. It was delivered through the dealer in 5 days from order date.
I would recommend this product without hesitation for anyone looking for a taller screen.

leespictures230.jpg

leespictures222.jpg

2010spring28.jpg

FZWarlord2010.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sharp! Thanks for the writeup!

I'm looking for the DB version of this. I keep throwing links to the wife and kids, hints for Xmas!?!? :D

I just ordered a DB on Ebay from ZG Outlet on Friday. They sell factory seconds of the Zero Gravity line. I was a little worried about getting a factory second, but apparently Zero Gravity has pretty strict QC; the seller has close to 7000 sales, at 99.6%, and the comments are great. Also, it was on sale for $39.95 plus $12 for shipping.

It's coming via UPS across country, but when it arrives I'll let you know how it looks.

Monte

I just ordered a DB on Ebay from ZG Outlet on Friday. They sell factory seconds of the Zero Gravity line. I was a little worried about getting a factory second, but apparently Zero Gravity has pretty strict QC; the seller has close to 7000 sales, at 99.6%, and the comments are great. Also, it was on sale for $39.95 plus $12 for shipping.

It's coming via UPS across country, but when it arrives I'll let you know how it looks.

Monte

The DB arrived today, and it looks great to me. Neither my roommate nor I could find a flaw. And, the light smoke looks sharp on the '04 Skunk:

I would like to see a shot of the DB from dead on side. Doesn't it look like a verticle wall at the front of the bike?

This is the closest I have to the angle that you were looking for. And yes I guess because of the DB design it does place the center of the screen in a more vertical position.

njfz1-albums-njfz1-s-bike-picture205-img-0745.jpg

DB on Gen1

I realize you're probably more interested in the angle on the Gen2's, but I thought I'd show a side shot of the Gen1 for comparison. It looks like the Gen1 slopes back a bit more...

IMG_0129-1.jpg

testing

Apparently Zero Gravity wind tunnel tests all their shields. After installing mine I would believe this. That would explain the difference between the Gen 1 and 2. The fairings have a different angle and distance to the rider so they would have to be specific shapes to achieve the desired air movement. What would be great is to have the two Generation bikes parked side by side for true comparison.

TYVM!

Better than I thought. I bought one of these for my old CBR and it took me a while to get used to it. On the CBR the styling already had the front end more swept back. I may get one of these to use when touring.

Last edited:
The DB arrived today, and it looks great to me. Neither my roommate nor I could find a flaw. And, the light smoke looks sharp on the '04 Skunk:
Now thats nice... it looks and flows well with the lines. And its Gen 1. Oldschool, I like the bag arangement you have there, Givi?

Old School,
I have an '05. How tall from base to top is the Sport Touring model? I have an after market (don't know what brand) that's 14.5" tall. I'm interested in the ZG ST but want to make sure it's taller than what I already have. From some reason th ZG site does not list any measurements.

Back