2016 MotoGP Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Jack Miller has let it slip that there are rumours Casey Stoner will be racing at the Red Bull Ring in Austria. Please be true.

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

What a fantastic Race for Crutchlow, nice to see him back to his old ways.

What on earth were those guys thinking staying out so long on Rain Tires after the line had been dry for so many laps... I guess they were hoping for sudden rain????

Geez, that was a tense race. Rossi and Yamaha dropped the ball and he lost some serious points as a result. Too bad for Redding, I was hoping to see him on the podium again!

Bad day for Yamaha, good day for the satellites again though. I was happy to see Jack pass Rossi on the last lap. That win has definitely given him some confidence.

Pawi in moto3 - WOW!

and the last corner of Moto2 - Zarco is good.... 3 entertaining races to watch.

Another very exciting race. Honda really picked the right strategy given the conditions.
Marquez was flying on slicks while the top 5 riders were struggling on wets on a drying track and stayed out too long even when their teams told them to come in.
Very happy to see Miller get another great result, 7th. He really has turned a corner; he has stopped throwing the bike at the scenery and seems to be riding with plenty of confidence.
I too was happy to see him pass both Rossi and Barbera on the last lap. Out with the old and in with the new, I reckon.

Great race. I agree with Ballmead, Miller has really picked up his game. Too move up 10 places on the first lap is amazing. He left his tyre change too late but a 7th place is still very credible. But what has happened to Lorenzo?? The last 4 races have been a disaster, almost like he's not even trying.

Great race. I agree with Ballmead, Miller has really picked up his game. Too move up 10 places on the first lap is amazing. He left his tyre change too late but a 7th place is still very credible. But what has happened to Lorenzo?? The last 4 races have been a disaster, almost like he's not even trying.

Did you notice in the post race interviews he claimed the team waited too long to tell him to come in..... What a tool. He knew the racing line was dry, and the pit board said BOX on it for like 3 or 4 laps before he went in... His own fault.

Honda had amazing timing on the bike swap.

I will say this, I am less and less a fan of the Flag to Flag format and more a fan of the pure sprint to the end, one bike format. Flag to Flag seems to have too much going on and takes away from the pure racing. Just my opinion. Obviously there is no other choice when the track conditions are like that, I just don't really like it.

I read some post race comments from Rossi that the team decided not to use slicks on Sunday because they simply couldn't make them work in those conditions. I was sitting on the couch wondering why Rossi ignored his pit board for so many laps! The conditions were certainly chaotic.

It sounds like only Marquez could have changed when he did and made the tires work. Pol Espargaro came in at the same time and crashed in the second corner.

Slicks or not, swapping bikes 3 or 4 laps earlier when the pit board said BOX and the racing line was dry would of been the best option. Trust your teams Guys.

Whaaaaaaat?
In the pre race interview with Australian Foxtel, Jack said there were plenty of rumours that Casey would be racing at the Red Bull Ring and the commentators backed it up. Apparently it's a good track for Ducati as there are plenty of straights. Fingers crossed it's true.

Sent from my HTC_X9u using Tapatalk

Slicks or not, swapping bikes 3 or 4 laps earlier when the pit board said BOX and the racing line was dry would of been the best option. Trust your teams Guys.

Did you watch the post race press conference? all three of them (Marc, Cal and Dovi) said they had trouble seeing their pit boards as they were either too slow getting them out, too close to the corner, or the rider was too busy concentrating on the race. Dovi also said that switching from wets to slicks is also very difficult as even though there is a dry line, the time taken to adjust in the tricky conditions can lead to a crash especially when you have to keep the bike in such a narrow groove on a bike that feels completely different (see Espagaro's crash), so that is why the riders hang out as long as they can before switching. He said it is very easy for people outside the race to see and judge, but when "inside the race" it is very difficult. He explained it really well and put a few journos in their place.

I saw Stoner's comments on Facebook earlier in the week. I also like his other comment about...... everywhere you look it's like a postcard ...... but to be this green it has to rain a lot!

Interesting that Honda wasn't invited to the test - something to do with banning wings and Ducati arranging the test - sour grapes much? I think we'll see scoops in the fairings next year that will act as winglets.

Back