AIS Block

Can someone tell me how to do this? My two brothers will get here on Tuesday, as well as my BMC filter. I seen the CD video and will replace the exhaust myself since I'm very mechanically inclined. I just don't know where the AIS is :)

Help!!

Any advice on getting the 5mm allen bolts removed to access my EXUP cables? This thing don't want to budge and of course i don' t want to strip it. I would really hate to take such a simple task to the dealer since they have high-speed tools.

Maybe I can just ride there and ask them to break the bolts for me then do the rest of the work myself :)

Any advice on getting the 5mm allen bolts removed to access my EXUP cables? This thing don't want to budge and of course i don' t want to strip it. I would really hate to take such a simple task to the dealer since they have high-speed tools.

Maybe I can just ride there and ask them to break the bolts for me then do the rest of the work myself :)

They may have some loctite on there. Try heating them up with a torch to soften tthe loctite and try with the allen wrench again.

I didn't bother with my Akra. The popping isn't too loud and I reckon it sounds pretty cool on my naked FZ1.
Copperdawg's videos are awesome for showing you how to mod the bike.

I didn't bother with my Akra. The popping isn't too loud and I reckon it sounds pretty cool on my naked FZ1.
Copperdawg's videos are awesome for showing you how to mod the bike.

It used to bother a hell out of me when you have 300-400 mile days of pure twisties with constant acceleration to 100mph out of the curves and decelerating down to 40-50mph into them.

I blocked the air entrance to the AIS until I get a chance to remove the unit and use block off plates.

Same here. I'm waiting until it is time to change the plugs for the first time, then I'll remove the AIS and add the block off plates before doing the plugs. :D Blocking it accomplishes the same task as removing it. Removing it is merely aesthetics and to make it easier to change the plugs.

Same here. I'm waiting until it is time to change the plugs for the first time, then I'll remove the AIS and add the block off plates before doing the plugs. :D Blocking it accomplishes the same task as removing it. Removing it is merely aesthetics and to make it easier to change the plugs.

Don't forget about weight reduction. :tup:

Do I have to disassemble the exhaust headers or whatever to properly get to the AIS system? I bought the ivans stuff and since its winter and I have a week off, I'm gonna do it properly. Didn't have time to take a look at it and its behind a car right now so I can't get to it till tomorrow.
I assume I'll put the rubber cap on the outside of the airbox with a small hose clamp right? so it can't get sucked into the engine (that would be VERY bad)

Ok Muffler is on, HOWEVER, I can't seem to get that stupid muffler clamp lined up with the passenger foot peg, I thought maybe the pipe needed to be turned a defferent angle so I tried. I think I have ran out of different angles to try. I haven't tightened anything as yet. Suggestions?

Ok Muffler is on, HOWEVER, I can't seem to get that stupid muffler clamp lined up with the passenger foot peg, I thought maybe the pipe needed to be turned a defferent angle so I tried. I think I have ran out of different angles to try. I haven't tightened anything as yet. Suggestions?

I had mine loose fitted (also a Two Bros) and after twisting everything into a comfortable position, everything seemed to fall into place. The clamp around the can did have to be "persuaded" a little to line up perfectly but a little bit of bending at the tabs and it bolted up.

I had mine loose fitted (also a Two Bros) and after twisting everything into a comfortable position, everything seemed to fall into place. The clamp around the can did have to be "persuaded" a little to line up perfectly but a little bit of bending at the tabs and it bolted up.

Ok I will probably give it another shot tomorrow, I wanted to get done today but temp is dropping a little below my comfort level to be outside with minor clothing :). I'll go wiggle it some more.

Be sure to leave the transition pipe really loose and save putting on the clamps for the can to pipe for last. Once you get the bolt inserted for the can to passenger peg bracket and the nut on the back, then go twist the transition pipe until the can is lined up and the center stand hits where you want it to. Tighten the end at the header. Put the clamps on the pipe/can end and start to tighten. Save the can to passenger clamp tightening for last. :D Good luck!

Be sure to leave the transition pipe really loose and save putting on the clamps for the can to pipe for last. Once you get the bolt inserted for the can to passenger peg bracket and the nut on the back, then go twist the transition pipe until the can is lined up and the center stand hits where you want it to. Tighten the end at the header. Put the clamps on the pipe/can end and start to tighten. Save the can to passenger clamp tightening for last. :D Good luck!

One last thing. What do I do with the Ultra Black RTV asket maker? Nowhere in the instruction did it say where or when to use that? Hope I don't have to take it all apart again

One last thing. What do I do with the Ultra Black RTV asket maker? Nowhere in the instruction did it say where or when to use that? Hope I don't have to take it all apart again

You only have to use that if you get it all together and discover any leaks. FWIW, I did not have to use any on my bike. :D

Also to note? 2Bros makes 4 different tips to insert to customize the noise. I had to go to the P4 tip to get my bike legal in NH. :(

P4:
2bros%20p4.jpg

P1:
005-p1_web.jpg

P1X:
005-p1x.jpg

Last edited:
Back