CopperDog Tutorial Videos

I don't know if anyone has seen the CopperDog videos, but maybe somehow we could get "J. Diddy" to have him post some here. The production is top notch and they are anything but boring. It's just like watching any high dollar production TV show you see on Spike or Speed channel. Just a thought.

Okay, thanks to Billy, I went and saw his vids on Youtube. WOW! Great stuff and quite a production artist! :D

I doubt he'd mind us linking to them like any other Youtube video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr0o7cmFKzM]YouTube - FZ1 Video tutorials - Flies Mod[/ame]

Ok. I have Pat's permission to continue linking videos here. There are a whole bunch in the works. Thank you Billy for sparking this!

I am subsrcibed to his feed on Youtube so as he posts them, I'll link to Billy's thread here.

Great stuff!

I can't put my finger on it, but he's got that "TV Personality" going on. He's quick, and to the point, no commercial interuptions, and explains things easy enough that anyone could watch the video a couple of times and be able to get the job done with little worries. Thats the kind of shows that I would like to see on Speed, etc. I'm glad he allowed us to post here. You guys won't be dissappointed.

Absolutely Amazing. Can't wait to see the rest. I'm modding the flies, installing the FCE, modding the airbox, and gutting the Cat this weekend. Can't Wait!!!! This video is great.

Copperdog GoPro Camera Install and review

Another great from Copperdog!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BG9LSQ_V28&e]YouTube - FZ1 Video Tutorials - GoPro[/ame]

Without a doubt. You guys will not believe some of the stuff that is coming over the next few weeks/months. It's almost worth buying a Gen2 if you don't already have one just to be able to put the vids that will be coming out to use.

Seriously high quality production values! Very impressive.

Not sure I agree with him about this GoPro though. A video camera without a screen would be a real no-go for me. You need to see what you have just shot before you get to your PC. Plus it makes the camera pretty much useless for anything other than on-board video. You could easily buy a suction mounting and a full HD SD-card based camera for less than $200.

Fir the price, that camera can't be beat. Did you see how small it is? And a waterproof casing? Not going to get any other with those features for that kind of money. :D I can easily wait to see the video... I would mount it, then stop and speak to the camera the different arm settings. When I found the settings I like, note them for that location. Repeated for the different mounting points, you'll come up with all the preferred settings.

I saw one at the VT ride a few weeks ago. A guy named Victor on his FZ6 had one. The view finder actually gives you a very close idea of what will be in the shot.

Hello Chaps!

Here is my setup:

Delkin Fat Gecko Dual Suction Camera Mount - Only £69.99 - SRS Microsystems

(they do a single suction mount too for around £30 - which would be ideal for helmet cam)

ALDI - Special Purchases from November 16, 2008*

Got mine for £60 at Aldi and just seen another on ebay for £30. Tempting for audio only as Copperdog suggests...

Pros - Cheap, full of HD goodness (it's the future, you know!) and there is that all-important screen for spot-on shot composition and review.

Cons - No waterproof housing (who wants to see me in the bath anyway) thread on base of camera can be a bit flimsy but it's nothing a small screw and some Superglue can't fix....

Obviously it's all down to personal preference but I would always want to review the footage straight after shooting it to make sure I've definitely got it right. I would be most upset to get home and discover it's not right or I knocked the camera out of position or something silly. A lot can go wrong! (I work in TV so I know this!)

Cheers!

Simon

Hello Chaps!

Here is my setup:

Delkin Fat Gecko Dual Suction Camera Mount - Only £69.99 - SRS Microsystems

(they do a single suction mount too for around £30 - which would be ideal for helmet cam)

ALDI - Special Purchases from November 16, 2008*

Got mine for £60 at Aldi and just seen another on ebay for £30. Tempting for audio only as Copperdog suggests...

Pros - Cheap, full of HD goodness (it's the future, you know!) and there is that all-important screen for spot-on shot composition and review.

Cons - No waterproof housing (who wants to see me in the bath anyway) thread on base of camera can be a bit flimsy but it's nothing a small screw and some Superglue can't fix....

Obviously it's all down to personal preference but I would always want to review the footage straight after shooting it to make sure I've definitely got it right. I would be most upset to get home and discover it's not right or I knocked the camera out of position or something silly. A lot can go wrong! (I work in TV so I know this!)

Cheers!

Simon

With the GoPro Wide, you really don't have to worry about being "dead-on" accurate with positioning. With the wide field of vision you only really have to point and shoot. I have taken probably 25 videos with my GoPro Wide and have never had a problem with the view. Many though, would rather have a screen, but then you wouldn't be paying only $199.99 for the entire kit. For the money and quality of video, it can't be beat.

GoPro is coming out with an HD camera. :D

1080p
720p with slo-mo
Takes 32 GB cards

Rumored MSRP is going to be $299 I believe... but some retailers are looking at $259 released.

Sweet!!!!!

Here's the press release: GoPro to Launch New Wearable HD Camera from the Skies at Outdoor Retailer - GoPro - pitchengine.com

and.... GoPro HD Hero Wide – A High Def Helmet Cam at 1080P! | Helmet Camera Central

Frame rate at 1080P is not a a true HD frame rate @ 30 fps. I would only be using it at 720P @ 60 fps.

Back