Damnit!

Missy, I'm glad to hear you weren't hurt too much, but you really should go have yourself checked out by a Dr.
Especially since you hit your head as hard as you say you did. Please?!?!

Last edited:
Not your fault Missy. Forget about it. Just get yourself better and get back on the bike. You're a good rider and this stuff only happens to those of us who put ourselves "out there."

So far I have pics from under a street light, I will post some better ones when I get them, but the right side is the bad side, lever, mirror, front fairing, inner fairing, driver peg, brake pedal, the kick plate bracket, the front slider, the side radiator guard, the bar weight, maybe the exhaust, it isn't terrible, but scratched, and a big huge dent in the tank. That's the list so far.
View attachment 6374View attachment 6375View attachment 6376

Ouch! It happens to the best of us, get back on that "horse" again.

Years ago I crashed in Whiskey Pete's parking lot in Nevada. I was going all of 5 to 6 mph, gently turned and BAM, we were on the ground. I was two up and ground my ankle to the bone. No boots, ouch.

It happens.

Sorry to hear about your accident, does not sound like it was your fault at all. I would be suprised if this is not handled by the insurance of the contractor (hope they have it). You should get checked out for a concussion and probably have your ankle looked at too. I have a stock windshield that you can have and I would pay for the shipping to get it to you if you need it, it is in good condition. Good luck.

Concur. See the doctor! better safe...

It is never a question of "if" but "when" .... and we all will eventually drop it sometime. Glad your "when" wasn't any worse!

Heal up and get back on ... :D

Sorry to hear about this Missy. Hope your ankle feels better soon. Bikes can be replaced, we cannot. Glad to see your still here typing to us, that is all that matters.

Sorry to hear about your accident, does not sound like it was your fault at all. I would be suprised if this is not handled by the insurance of the contractor (hope they have it). You should get checked out for a concussion and probably have your ankle looked at too. I have a stock windshield that you can have and I would pay for the shipping to get it to you if you need it, it is in good condition. Good luck.

Fortunately my windshield survived, buts that's really sweet of you! Thanks so much to Johnny who's sending me a brake pedal and bracket. That'll save me sine dough. I think the dealership is gonna haveta handle the dent in the tank, and the front fairing and inner fairing, does anyone have a right mirror they wouldn't mind parting with? The insurance guy said they give me a grand for accessories, that'll cover levers, bar ends, exhaust (it's minor damage..MAY replace it) new sliders ( by far the best addition I made..SO glad I had them) and my helmet. Oh, and aftermarket pegs. Those got real tore up to.
They are indeed going to deal with the contractors insurance company. It seems I wasn't the only one to take a spill there last week. Should I do a rebuild post? With pics? :)

Yes! Rebuild post!!!

Hey, someone here had a relatively cheap WHOLE front end (Fairing, inners and I think the mirrors?) for the FZ1 for sale... Maybe after getting the insurance money, talk them down a bit? It was Black though and I don't remember what color your bike is at this moment...

Let's see the bike transform back into what it should be. Lots of pics!

Lol, ok, rebuild post it will be! Although some will be done by the dealership, I can do progress photos and accessory photos.
My bike is the fastest color..BLUE. :) hmmm..maybe I should do some aftermarket mirrors.
Do any of you know why they charge 180 bucks to assess the damage, and what all that entails? Do they lift the tank? Maybe they should do a
Valve adjustment while they are in there. :)

Lol, ok, rebuild post it will be! Although some will be done by the dealership, I can do progress photos and accessory photos.
My bike is the fastest color..BLUE. :) hmmm..maybe I should do some aftermarket mirrors.
Do any of you know why they charge 180 bucks to assess the damage, and what all that entails? Do they lift the tank? Maybe they should do a
Valve adjustment while they are in there. :)

Damage assessment should be paid for by the insurance. Press that matter to the fullest extent! :D

How many miles are on the ODO? Most of this, you CAN do yourself... it's not hard to do and you can then use the money you didn't pay the dealer for labor to buy even more nice mods. ;)

I think the biggest thing I want them to do is fix the dented tank. I do want them to make sure I didn't bend anything important as well. Plus it wouldn't start. (I think maybe the cut off may be jammed up from the impact) I suppose if the insurance cuts me the check, I will do most of it myself. You guys keep your eyes peeled for a blue front fairing. :)

Back