***Dustin's Official 2013 Trip Report Thread***

Myself and my bud Bryan took off for a day ride in the canyon up north. We're a couple hours from home at the moment, waiting for Bryan's new battery to charge so we can get home. His old one took a shit out of the blue (wtf) and is totally dead. Charging system was re-done recently, too.

It will be about 450 miles when I get home. Canadian roads suck! :) The road quality is awful, engineering of the roads sucks and there's still gravel everywhere.

You Americans have it good down there and now I'm spoiled

Hey Dustin, the road surface must suck (sounds like a lot of australian country roads) but your scenery is awesome!!! :tup:

Once you get outside of the major areas and away from the tourist hubs like Whistler, the road quality definitely suffers. They do try their best to keep them clean and a lot of the roads up in the mountains have been or are being resurfaced. Winter is a harsh animal and the roads suffer as a result.

What river is that ? You guys head up Hwy 1 ?

That's the Fraser River. We headed up Highway 99, north to Whistler and on to a little town called Lillooet. Some of the river shots are from Highway 12 which is actually a pretty nice twisty road without a lot of traffic. We took Highway 1 through the canyon home :)

Having lunch in Merritt, BC and on my way to Vernon. Tomorrow I will head east through the Kootenay region of BC and what's supposed to be the best roads in BC.

The weather today is just fantastic, couldn't possibly be better. It will be over 90F where I'm going and looking forward to hopping in the pool and especially the hot tub :)

Did some mountain passes and some lakeside twisty roads and now I'm in Vernon, BC

I'm off to check out the town, get some sun and hit the pool. Tomorrow will be a day of BC's finest roads--or so I'm told

Is Modesto a stinker of a city? Vernon is cute and charming

Did anyone notice the sign pointing to Tavullia? Valentino Rossi's hometown! :)

Stopped for lunch in Castlegar, BC and an hour away from my hotel in Grand Forks. Did some amazing roads today, really up there on my list. Traffic was light and the quality of roads just kept getting better. A few sections were nearly as good as what I have ridden down in California. Nearly. The Kootenay region of BC is just stunning.

Back