FZ1 Temperature Light...on/off???

Ah, I did not read carefully enough 😁 Oil is likely getting into the coolant. If that's the case it's surprising there isn't coolant also getting into the oil.

That would be the only way my coolant looks like CLAY WATER? That’s not as bad as coolant in the oil?

I’ve called the shop all day while at work and no one picked up. I’ll try again tomorrow or I’ll find another shop!

Im borderline scared now 🤷🏽‍♂️

That would be the only way my coolant looks like CLAY WATER? That’s not as bad as coolant in the oil?

I’ve called the shop all day while at work and no one picked up. I’ll try again tomorrow or I’ll find another shop!

I'd much rather have oil in my coolant! Flushing oil out of that system, while certainly a PITA, is not going to be nearly as bad as needing a new engine.

I've attached the service manual for your perusal. Check out the schematic on page 5-60 (#18) to see where the problem likely is occurring...

Attachments

• FZ1 Service Manual.pdf
    17.4 MB · Views: 6

Maybe not the only way but certainly the most likely given that you see coolant leaking from the oil pan weep hole. What I was saying above is that coolant is likely in the oil as well. It just may not be as evident yet.

You might have a leaking head gasket if the coolant in the radiator is milky....

The weephole issue as mentioned means the seals on the water pump need to be replaced.

Well it shut off on me 6 times on the way home. The oil is still clean from what I can see but it FALLS FLAT ON HER FACE every 5 -7 mins and I have to let it sit and start then another 5-7 mins. I’m not going to ride it anymore until I take her to the shop!

You guys on this site are Awesome really I appreciate the responses.

I will Update once it’s in the shop and what is found.

🙏🏾

Well it shut off on me 6 times on the way home. The oil is still clean from what I can see but it FALLS FLAT ON HER FACE every 5 -7 mins and I have to let it sit and start then another 5-7 mins. I’m not going to ride it anymore until I take her to the shop!

You guys on this site are Awesome really I appreciate the responses.

I will Update once it’s in the shop and what is found.

🙏🏾

That particular problem sounds like it could be an intermittent/failing fuel pump. Let us know what they find!

Ok here’s the update:

1. Water Pump seals are leaking
2. Coolant line that goes around the back of the engine is leaking
3. Oil pan has a leak somewhere
4. Getting everything done along with a oil change and coolant flush.

Total cost $410.00

Will have her back by Tuesday 🤞🏽

One more update When I go pick her up and open her up!!

Ok here’s the update:

1. Water Pump seals are leaking
2. Coolant line that goes around the back of the engine is leaking
3. Oil pan has a leak somewhere
4. Getting everything done along with a oil change and coolant flush.

Total cost $410.00

Will have her back by Tuesday 🤞🏽

One more update When I go pick her up and open her up!!

Dang man, that's a great price for all that! Hold onto that mechanic for dear life (assuming he does a good job)!

Back