FZ1 Temperature Light...on/off???

Ok another update:

Mechanic called me and said that they are waiting for the oil pan gasket” he didn’t hear me when I said order what ever you need to get it running”

he stated that there might be a misfire in one of the cylinders but he’s going to check the plugs and coils and wires first.I should be getting it back by Wednesday of next week

I’m having Riding withdrawals 😂

S
Ok another update:

Mechanic called me and said that they are waiting for the oil pan gasket” he didn’t hear me when I said order what ever you need to get it running”

he stated that there might be a misfire in one of the cylinders but he’s going to check the plugs and coils and wires first.I should be getting it back by Wednesday of next week

I’m having Riding withdrawals 😂

Seems like the oil pan gasket would have been first on the list since everything is inside 😁

It's definitely a pain not having a bike to ride!

Plugs/coils could definitely be responsible for the intermittent power loss issues you have experienced

Good luck and hope the bike is back soon!

Another update:

They called me and sent a video message saying that now it’s actually the oil pan itself. I replied by saying how did you come to the conclusion of the oil pan gasket without knowing the oil pan was messed up. Apparentlyone bolt is broken and there is a looong crack on the bottom of the oil pan. Long story even longer I had to dish out another 240 for a oem oil pan he’s not gonna charge for next day air or labor.

My whole thing is 2 weeks and your now realizing the oil pan was broken? ( I think the might of over tightened the bolt because it was NOT leaking oil like that. Yes the crack maybe 🤔)

The Plugs and coils were in good condition so I’m assuming the oil pan leak was causing air to get in maybe 🤔

So a total of $900 and change plus two weeks of not having the bike..

He promised that I will have it Saturday we will See…

Another update:

They called me and sent a video message saying that now it’s actually the oil pan itself. I replied by saying how did you come to the conclusion of the oil pan gasket without knowing the oil pan was messed up. Apparentlyone bolt is broken and there is a looong crack on the bottom of the oil pan. Long story even longer I had to dish out another 240 for a oem oil pan he’s not gonna charge for next day air or labor.

My whole thing is 2 weeks and your now realizing the oil pan was broken? ( I think the might of over tightened the bolt because it was NOT leaking oil like that. Yes the crack maybe 🤔)

The Plugs and coils were in good condition so I’m assuming the oil pan leak was causing air to get in maybe 🤔

So a total of $900 and change plus two weeks of not having the bike..

He promised that I will have it Saturday we will See…

Seems like they would have seen the crack first thing! Hope it is running right when you get it!

Two weeks ain't nuthin'! 😆

Nice to know your guy is honest at least!

This is the 2nd time getting it repaired for the same things…

Spent $630 for the same things to get done by a dude who got me because he rode a 1000RR and worked at a dealership lol what a joke!!! My wife asked me why I have trust issues…..

so maybe it’s not the 2 weeks that’s bothering me…

This is the 2nd time getting it repaired for the same things…

Spent $630 for the same things to get done by a dude who got me because he rode a 1000RR and worked at a dealership lol what a joke!!! My wife asked me why I have trust issues…..

so maybe it’s not the 2 weeks that’s bothering me…

Oh. I get it. I've been lied to on more than a couple of occasions and I just don't get how people are okay with doing that...

If I could have a career "do over", I'd strongly consider working on bikes. The guy I use is backed up for 3-4 months because he does such good work and doesn't jerk people around...

Oh. I get it. I've been lied to on more than a couple of occasions and I just don't get how people are okay with doing that...

If I could have a career "do over", I'd strongly consider working on bikes. The guy I use is backed up for 3-4 months because he does such good work and doesn't jerk people around...

Yea I don’t get it and if I didn’t slow down since getting married I would go to his house because the dumb ass worked on it at his house but I’ll let the universe deal with him!!

Hoping I get it back and it runs beautifully!!

They did say that since I had a water pump leak and a cracked oil pan that it was causing the bike to run off and that when I get it back I’ll have to get used to it again 🤞🏽

Yea I don’t get it and if I didn’t slow down since getting married I would go to his house because the dumb ass worked on it at his house but I’ll let the universe deal with him!!

Hoping I get it back and it runs beautifully!!

They did say that since I had a water pump leak and a cracked oil pan that it was causing the bike to run off and that when I get it back I’ll have to get used to it again 🤞🏽

I meant that I get why you are feeling the way you are! Couldn't hurt to call the guy and ask for a partial refund. It worked for me when I bought a Speed Triple with a trashed engine that the guy lied about. While I took some responsibility for not doing my "due diligence" I told him that he lied to my face about several questions I asked. I was pleasantly surprised that he gave me half my money back...

My bad I went on a Kanye Rant… I just cut my losses it was my ignorance I didn’t check one thing. It started up and ran better I’m sure he put the jet kit I seen him do the carb syncing but that was it….
That’s why I took it to a shop this time.

Update:: Finally the Oil pan is in. He said they are working on the bike right now. I am hoping today will be the day. I will give one last update after picking the bike up.. I’ll try to post a video 😁

Ok THIS IS WAS NOT EXPECTING 🥲

I go pick the bike up take it for a spin seems good. I live 8-10 mins away from the shop and it’s long roads. I get home has a little smoke called the shop he said it was just because he just did the oil change it’s nothing. I seen NO oil.
Start it up this morning I have a 37 min commute to work. About 15 mins in my ride I smell oil. At the next light it’s smoking decent. I’m not about to stop at this point I’m going to get to work.

I get to work park it hop off and see drops dripping down and smoke
I don’t know how to post videosIMG_2527.jpegIMG_2528.jpeg

Back