How To: Roth Velocity Stacks Installation

I know this is old but the Graves plastic velocity stacks are also now $150 so why wouldnt you get the pretty aluminum ones??

Im still curious as to how these affect the power and torque curve in real life (i.e. dyno run).

A dyno run doesn't really reflect the benefits you get in real life.
For instance, a nice flat power delivery can in real life be just plain boring.

I know this is old but the Graves plastic velocity stacks are also now $150 so why wouldnt you get the pretty aluminum ones??
(i.e. dyno run).

Two reasons for me #1 the Aluminum is hidden in the air box anyway.
#2 Plastic wont get heat soaked like Aluminum :p

That said, I would not spend $150 on either for some pretty minimal gains.
The dyno charts I've seen on the forums dont show much change at all.

Now for 75 bucks, heck yeah why not :) The FZ1 can use all the help it can get in the low/mid range.

A dyno run doesn't really reflect the benefits you get in real life.
For instance, a nice flat power delivery can in real life be just plain boring.

What I meant was something other that a seat of the pants observation. I might consider doing it if there was really a difference in the torque curve on a dyno but my guess is that there really isnt any difference unless you have other mods like a PCIII and full exhaust which I dont so it would be a waste of my money.

What I meant was something other that a seat of the pants observation. I might consider doing it if there was really a difference in the torque curve on a dyno but my guess is that there really isnt any difference unless you have other mods like a PCIII and full exhaust which I dont so it would be a waste of my money.

Before i spent the money on stacks i would and have modded the airbox. Which you would need a pcIII for that to. the air box on the gen II is badly choked down from potential airflow, so it wouldn't matter if you put in 24kt gold stacks, they need air flow.

It's Getting away from the topic, but i'm faced with a choice i gotta make. The closest dyno wants 250 to dyno and build a custom map. Or this...................

Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Gauge Exhaust Clamp USB 3ft | eBay

Will be a little more work on my part, but i believe that using some of the maps posted in forums, which i'm running one that seems close now. The innovate gauge will log to my laptop and i could see exactly where i needs more or less fuel. Plus i wouldn't need a new dyno run every time i upgrade something on the bike.

It's Getting away from the topic, but i'm faced with a choice i gotta make. The closest dyno wants 250 to dyno and build a custom map. Or this...................

Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Gauge Exhaust Clamp USB 3ft | eBay

Will be a little more work on my part, but i believe that using some of the maps posted in forums, which i'm running one that seems close now. The innovate gauge will log to my laptop and i could see exactly where i needs more or less fuel. Plus i wouldn't need a new dyno run every time i upgrade something on the bike.

Drop Whittlebeast A PM first. He's the most experienced person here on wideband. He'll be able to provide a great deal of insight.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

I already posted these pics on another thread but I thought I would post here also for future users. There was a question about how the stock velocity stacks compare to the Graves:

FZ1mods_008.jpg

Stock ones are on the right

FZ1mods_007.jpg

FZ1mods_001-1.jpg

Installed on the bike:

V-Stacks_103.jpg

In addition I will say that the combination of the stacks and/or the airbox mod makes a wonderful noise coming from under the tank!!! I love the way that sounds which almost makes it worth the $150 for the stacks!!

Out of interest, if the OP is still on hear , where abouts did you measure the Roth stacks from end to end ? Or end the base of air box, iv had my own made up the same lengths as the graves and in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of what it's done to the power so just wondering where if there's much diff between the graves and Roths in lengths

Another option for stacks are the Factory Pro. I don't know if these run any different than the Roth, someone beat me to a set of the Roths by about 1/2 hr on the other forum. Had I been a little faster I'd be able to say whos are better. It may have even been the o/p that beat me out.:poke:

Back