Minor off.... again... Sheesh!!

bubbleboy.jpg

We can put our funds together and get you one, if needed . . .

Here are some shots before I took cleaner and Maguier's Plastic polish to it for a first-time polishing. This is just the fairing and lights. You can see the rubber scuffed on to the plastics and this is after I wiped a lot of it off at work... about 80% of it is already removed... More to come...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And, of course, the fender or what is left of it anyway... :(

attachment.php

You can see the after shots here with one polishing. I hope to use my son's headlight buffing kit to remove most of what is left.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here you can see the tank and engine did not suffer any damage at all, thankfully! The swingarm spool from Tony saved the day for the swingarm. Not supposed to be a slider but Hey!!! it worked out didn't it! ;) :doh2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As the saying goes, "Stuff happens." I'm glad you're okay Eric.

Are you still running the CD body work? If so did it hold up okay?

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

HAAA.....he busted up some of that stuff in his last accident. I'm mean and wouldn't pay that much to replace them after what I paid for them the first time. He didn't file a claim on our insurance that time. I'm not even sure they would have covered them as they were not stock parts.

I told him he wasn't allowed to ride anymore, but I'm sure you all know where that got me. Then I told him if he wasn't going to stop riding I was going to double his life insurance.....lol. All kidding aside, he came through both accidents with nary a scratch on him and with a few repairs, his bike will be back on the road in no time.

Problem is, we live in the middle of a fair sized city with MORE than its fair share of aggressive drivers. Not that this accident was caused by one, but it is difficult to watch them and the road conditions too.

Last, here is the rest of what I could find for damage... I think I'm VERY lucky today. I still shudder to think if this had happened just a couple seconds sooner... if I'd been just the little bit more on the throttle this morning... I'd be under the car.... :wilynily:

T-Rex did it's job again... luckily I have the second one from the last accident to throw on. :D The shifter, kickstand, bar end, FDB lever and chin fairing all have very small scuffs... not worth bothering with.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

are the frame sliders aluminum or composite? :eek:

Composite - Delrin to be exact. They have an aluminum insert in the center for mounting. I've only ever had T-Rex sliders on all my bikes but this FZ1 is the first to test them... both sides now! :eek5: They get a BIG :tup: :tup: from me

Thanks again all. :D Glad I can sit and type this tonight instead of the Mrs relaying news! Someone watcheth over me this morning and I thank Him for that immensely!

Side note, I'm becoming the site's PRO at crashing and driving away. This is a very bad thing! :shaking head: :eyebrow: :disapproval:

I have a couple thoughts first glad you're ok,second dont you have aparts bike in the garage,hint,hint third do you ever clean that nasty thing??????:p

also glad you're ok. i know what you mean about city driving. i do it every day i ride to school and sometimes it can be a dicey ride. also, not sure what you mean about the fender being broken, that thing is such a sweet custom job now. sure, it's not normal, but it's custom none the less. it's all in how you look at it! :stunta]:

6789d1310608831-minor-off-again-sheesh-fender.jpg

I have a couple thoughts first glad you're ok,second dont you have aparts bike in the garage,hint,hint third do you ever clean that nasty thing??????:p

;) Yes, I clean it but if you'll recall, I had to ride home in the rain thus REALLY dirty bike. I wiped some of it down a bit before taking these pics... it was a LOT dirtier!

Chain lube, yes. Due after having the rainy ride home. :D

Now, if less of the fender had broken off, it could have ended up some cool design.... riding home in the rain with that though? The whole front of the bike was coated with dirty stuff. The spray from it was flying up, catching the wind and pelting the bike. The fender DOES do a good job when it isn't broken!

She cleaned up nicely though. I think a bit of polishing and it will be hard to notice. I don't know how nothing broke outside of the fender...

Glad you weren't hurt, but I'm going to stop reading this forum, seems every day someone is crashing or posting some link to someone else crashing. Makes one not want to go out to the garage and roll the machine out.

Eric need I remind you once again take the bosses bike for rain days and parts she wont ever notice!! Thats what I would do cause I'm the BOSS but dont tell her I said that I bruise easily

Oh man I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw your post. Glad to hear you're ok!

I may have a swingarm spool left over. I'll check tonight and send it your way if I do. A little paint on the bar end and side stand and all should be good. You can even throw a large rubber vacuum cap over the end of the side stand to cover up the damage.

I'm really glad to hear you're ok man. Accidents happen and I know how they feel.

The absence of RIP threads on this forum is a much welcomed thing for me. My local forum has almost weekly RIP threads. :(

Back