Minor off.... again... Sheesh!!

Eric need I remind you once again take the bosses bike for rain days and parts she wont ever notice!! Thats what I would do cause I'm the BOSS but dont tell her I said that I bruise easily

Here, then, is your song... :tup: I can't take her parts because she rides every day too plus they are purple... which is the color I would be once she's done with me. :eek5: :scared0016:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuFV09uviI]‪The Man Song‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Glad you weren't hurt, but I'm going to stop reading this forum, seems every day someone is crashing or posting some link to someone else crashing. Makes one not want to go out to the garage and roll the machine out.

I had some moments of doubt yesterday and today's commute to work was a "timid" ride. My eyes scanned every detail of the road AND the 12 seconds ahead as taught in BRC. I didn't take the same route in today. ;)

I've lost friends and co-workers on motorcycles and while it does have an effect on me, I still would rather take the chance and enjoy riding than give it up. Perhaps the day will come when I will have had enough but when you catch the bug at 11 yrs old, it is hard to give it up. I'd probably reconsider if I was in a hospital bed today rather than still riding and at work.

Riding is a risk, there is no doubt. But it is entirely up to the individual to weigh the risk and if a rider decides to call it quits, I'm not going to berate, belittle or ridicule them, but I'll applaud them for being honest and making the hard decision. I hope that should that day come, you'd all do the same for any other member.

I know what you are saying... I have doubts sometimes too.

Oh man I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw your post. Glad to hear you're ok!

I may have a swingarm spool left over. I'll check tonight and send it your way if I do. A little paint on the bar end and side stand and all should be good. You can even throw a large rubber vacuum cap over the end of the side stand to cover up the damage.

Thanks Tony! Yes, I wasn't hurt or even shaken up.... it was more like "Are you KIDDING me?!?!?" as it happened and then just elated I did not get run over afterward. :yes: Not even a bruise on me... so darned lucky!

Actually, I have Michele's kickstand because she is using the Soupy's adjustable so I can just swap that on. :D Hey, I'm glad I wasn't using the sport scoops yet either!!! Another item that if fixed and installed would have been damaged. I have those prepped for paint though and once I finish the CD pods, I'll paint them all at once... or, maybe wait on all those for the new color scheme I hope to get done. ;)

I'll touch up the tiny scuff on the chin cowl and take a fine file to the bar end and paint it.

Take care all and ride safe!

I had some moments of doubt yesterday and today's commute to work was a "timid" ride. My eyes scanned every detail of the road AND the 12 seconds ahead as taught in BRC. I didn't take the same route in today. ;)

I've lost friends and co-workers on motorcycles and while it does have an effect on me, I still would rather take the chance and enjoy riding than give it up. Perhaps the day will come when I will have had enough but when you catch the bug at 11 yrs old, it is hard to give it up. I'd probably reconsider if I was in a hospital bed today rather than still riding and at work.

Riding is a risk, there is no doubt. But it is entirely up to the individual to weigh the risk and if a rider decides to call it quits, I'm not going to berate, belittle or ridicule them, but I'll applaud them for being honest and making the hard decision. I hope that should that day come, you'd all do the same for any other member.

I know what you are saying... I have doubts sometimes too.

Having "moments of doubt" after a crash just shows inteligence. Doing off-road riding I have come to expect a crash from time to time, and the results could be painful or tragic. I truly believe that every rider has to be comfortable with the level of risk that they are willing to take, and know where to draw the line. That is part of the reason that I never tell someone that "you should get your bike license". It has to be a choice that the rider makes on their own. I am very passionate about riding and accept the risk. I also realize that I am fortunate to have found something that I am truly passionate about doing. Some people never do, and that is truly tragic.

Glad you're OK Eric!

I'm now officially mentally kicking myself in the butt for riding recently without all the gear.

There were days when I would like to just say "To heck with it" and not put on some of the gear. I don't think now that this will be a passing thought any longer... I wouldn't have any skin on my left forearm and elbow if I had not been wearing my jacket. My left palm as well without the gloves... My "Held Steve" gloves held up VERY well. Not even a tear.

ATGATT is the only way to ride. Contrary to popular belief, chick do not dig scars.

Thank Missy but she came through in mostly one piece. :tup:

Akshay, the rash on the nose was almost all rubber. The headlights and fairing smacked into her rear wheel as she was moving. It all came off with some WD40 then polished up nice with the Maguier's

I have the other new slider to mount so it's not a big deal. ;) I'll keep this partially rashed one as a spare. The one from last year is not usable at all.

I'm glad you got through your get off unscathed.Seems like your bike got out of it pretty good too. My riding buddy recently hit a cat with his concours and they ended up totalling the thing it had so much damage.I have been guilty of riding without the proper gear and have paid the price of some nasty road rash on 2 or 3 occasions,hope I've learned my lesson and your get off reinforces the fact that we have to be vigilant at all times.Any ways your ok and the bike can be fixed,

I'm glad you got through your get off unscathed.Seems like your bike got out of it pretty good too. My riding buddy recently hit a cat with his concours and they ended up totalling the thing it had so much damage.I have been guilty of riding without the proper gear and have paid the price of some nasty road rash on 2 or 3 occasions,hope I've learned my lesson and your get off reinforces the fact that we have to be vigilant at all times.Any ways your ok and the bike can be fixed,

If I can keep even one member wearing gear then it is Mission Accomplished! :D

So... Carver? Do you go to King Richard's in the fall at all? Wife and I love to go and we dress the part too. ;)

Ride safe! Let's get a Northeast meet going!!

Eric need I remind you once again take the bosses bike for rain days and parts she wont ever notice!! Thats what I would do cause I'm the BOSS but dont tell her I said that I bruise easily

He's a smarter man than to touch anything on MY bike unless he's installing it or fixing it. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] Besides....I can't ride his. I'm not tall enough so we couldn't trade even if he wanted to. He has taken my bike once or twice, but only 'cause I let him. :laugh2: :laugh2:

He's a smarter man than to touch anything on MY bike unless he's installing it or fixing it. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] Besides....I can't ride his. I'm not tall enough so we couldn't trade even if he wanted to. He has taken my bike once or twice, but only 'cause I let him. :laugh2: :laugh2:
I'm sorry please dont thrash me I must have lost my mind for a minute!!! :ugh:

Havent been to the fair in years,usually head north to maine on the weekends,but I remember it was always a good time. Let me know next time you come down, Im right up the street we can say hi to each other.

Glad to hear you made it out of that one without a scratch. Hey maybe its a good time to make a new reward for the most close calls. :jk: but in all seriousness everytime I hear about an accident theres always a little voice in the back of my head thats telling me to watch for the things that happen to everyone. Glad that youre around to tell us about the experience.

Thanks all!

I think I'm going to tear down the whole front end and give it all a careful look. Not that anything seems out of sorts but just for piece of mind that no other damage is being hidden. I want to be sure all the mount points for the plastics are intact. JB Weld goes a long way in repairs like this... you can shape a whole new part, drill and tap it if needed. ;) Or, start saving for a naked conversion FZ1N kit. ;)

I'll be borrowing the lens polishing kit Saturday so maybe Sat. night I can buff out most of what is left behind on the lenses. Swap out the slider and kickstand, remove the swingarm spools then replace the fender once it arrives and I'm back to nearly 100%.

Eric, I checked and indeed there was one spool laying around. It's in the mail on its way to you buddy ;)

attachment.php

Back