Missy's rebuild thread!

Ok, so the bike got looked at today. I should have the cash to start the rebuild next week! In the meantime, here's some decent pics of the damage, for "before". :) View attachment 6538View attachment 6539View attachment 6540View attachment 6541View attachment 6542View attachment 6543View attachment 6544View attachment 6546View attachment 6547
You can't tell but the lever is bent, and the tail pipe is also damaged in another spot, but for some reason I don't have a pic. You get the gist though. :)

Frame sliders really are cheap insurance for the expensive parts.

Can't wait to see some updates Missy! The evotech hanger looks nice, so that will be a sweet upgrade.

You are gonna get a bunch of money. I would have the dent in the tank filled and repainted unless I could get one pretty cheap somewhere. :)

I'm gonna replace it I think, Bike Bandit and Part Shark have better prices then the stealership. Should still leave me some extra for even better upgrades. :)

The start of something great! We'll be more than happy to help you along the way. Do you have the service manual and do you have a torque wrench?

Good stuff!! :tup:

One thing I have already decided to do is eliminate the passenger brackets and pegs. I'm going to get the exhaust hangar from Evotech.

Agree that the look is improved if you replace the passenger brackets with something cleaner like the Evotech, if you don't need to have the pegs to carry a passenger or have the mounting points for luggage or bungee cords. I measured about a 3 lb overall weight loss (stock pegs vs Evotech hanger). And it fits perfectly.

standard.jpg

I'm gonna replace it I think, Bike Bandit and Part Shark have better prices then the stealership. Should still leave me some extra for even better upgrades. :)

Check Ebay.
I have seen some good deals (as well as some sorry deals) fly threw there. Lot's of people part out bikes. Unfortunately the tank usually gets some damage from salvage bikes.

If I decide to keep my FZ instead of selling, I'm going to invest in some Slider's! (PS: my last name is actually "Slider", so it just makes sense! LOL)

Well today although I'm still waiting on the check, I washed up the demon to take a closer look at things, and I primered the rear sets (thanks again Johnny!) Can't wait to get back on the road!

Back