Missy's rebuild thread!

My head is doin fine, but my ankle, elbow, and finger are still healing. Thanks for askin!
Nope, I have to do this all under a car port, not in a garage, so I'm gonna tear down after I have stuff ready to reinstall.

Very nice looking, I wanna do that with mine while in the process of paint. Hope its going together well, glad to hear you're still up and running too.

Glad it's going back together. Is it ridable yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, probably, but the front cowling and inner fairing are so busted up, it would probably cause problems, and be noisy as hell. And the front brake lever is pretty bent up as well. So now I wait for insurance to cut a check. Bought a new helmet though! Went with a blue Icon.

I wonder if you even have the option to buy back the bike from the insurance company if they total it? I have heard that could be done but never have done it myself. It will be interesting to see what they offer you for it. Good luck!

I can't believe it. I got an email today to call a total loss claims adjuster. They want to total my bike for cosmetic damages. WTF?
You have to talk them into calling the claim $1.00 less than a total and then buy the bike back. The problem is --- they might not give you enough for the bike and charge you too much for the wreck so that you can barely fix it up again. If your bike is a GenI --- you can talk them down to only charging you $700 to buy it back --- but it's tough. This last time I couldn't get this to work for me. So I bought another bike(same year) and swapped all my cool stuff to it then had them pick it up. I came out better that way.

Keep in mind --- the insurance Co. doesn't give a shit about you --- they are only looking for the cheapest way out and they know what your bike is worth online.

I haven't gotten to speak to them, but I will say this, I can repair the whole thing for 1800 TOPS. They aren't taking my bike. They base it on the cost of a stealership to fix.

Good luck Missyl. Hopefully you can settle with them other wise start stripping parts. I know what its like to lose a bike you have your heart in soul in. I still miss my Daytona deeply. You might have to weigh what they will pay and what a used replacement will cost. It may end up being cheaper for your to repair it and pull your claim.

I use progressive and my adjuster was very aggressive. She got me the absolute maximum pay out. Your after marked parts do count, check your policy. In 2007 Progressive cut me a check for 8,000.00 for a heavily modified 97 Triumph Daytona T595, no Sh$T

Well I think the first thing I'll try is to tell them they need to NOT figure on dealership OEM pricing. Used parts and non OEM parts may take it under that "totaled" number. I get 1000 in accessories (this is part of my policy) and that is a Separate figure from repair. The only thing I can figure is that they are calculating full price dealer OEM parts and dealership labor. If I can correct this I may be able to keep it out of the "totaled" category. Especially since it's all plastic cosmetic stuff.

Back