Missy's rebuild thread!

From my experience with my friends and gas tanks they will probably have to use a dent puller if it can be pulled out. In this process they weld a small rod onto the tank and using a slide hammer slowly pull it out. Unfortunately they will have to strip that area of the tank to do it, but I could be wrong and there are better methods to do it. Im the engine and suspension guy in my group of friends and they are the body guys so my knowledge is limited in that area. Hope you get it figured out :D

Etroze, that's the thing, it didn't even get a scratch in it, just a dent. I'm thinking about talking to a body shop to see if someone can pop it out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard that sometimes -you can pressurize the tank with air for a small dent and also there is a suction cup method that sometimes work . This is just word of mouth.
Perhaps ask a body shop that is experienced on motorcycle tanks.

Try this... take a can of the compressed air that you would blow out a PC with... now turn it upside down and spray the heck out of the dented area... then hit it with a hot hair dryer from about 3" away and hold it there.... sometimes the dent POPS right back to original shape. I've seen autobody shops do this.

Try this... take a can of the compressed air that you would blow out a PC with... now turn it upside down and spray the heck out of the dented area... then hit it with a hot hair dryer from about 3" away and hold it there.... sometimes the dent POPS right back to original shape. I've seen autobody shops do this.

That may work on a big panel with a slight dent, but I doubt it would work on a gas tank than has curves and it's made of thicker metal.

Back