Missy's rebuild thread!

Oh, and no it's not leaking oil...I had a little snafu changing the oil, I walked away while it drained and returned to find my NEW oil pan leaking all over the place. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Missy! Glad to see progress and you getting to go riding. :tup:

Did you get all you wanted from the insurance company? Enough to replace broken gear too?

Keep it coming!

Just got back from a little test ride, she rides great! I was a little tentative..I think that's normal since that's my first time in the saddle since it happened. It sure felt good though! SO glad to have the Blue Demon back in business!
Yes, they agreed to my amount..but I'll believe it when I see a check!!! :)

Just got back from a little test ride, she rides great! I was a little tentative..I think that's normal since that's my first time in the saddle since it happened. It sure felt good though! SO glad to have the Blue Demon back in business!
Yes, they agreed to my amount..but I'll believe it when I see a check!!! :)

Believe me, if you were half as persistant as I was they will get that check out to you just to get it over with. They also sent me a form to sign stating that once I accept the payment that I won't have any consequent claim for that particular case. I had to sign and notorize it and send it back to them. I had the check less than a week after they received the form.

YES! It's Deceptively lite! I wonder how much weight I lose by getting rid of the passenger brackets and pegs. They were pretty heavy!

Here's a question for you guys, where can I buy the blue touch up paint? I've been considering lightly sanding the banged up passenger handle and hitting it with touch up paint. Anyone?

Hey Missy I know from your threads that you seem like a DYI kinda person how about over the winter you try refinishing your gas tank from primer up?

Etroze, that's the thing, it didn't even get a scratch in it, just a dent. I'm thinking about talking to a body shop to see if someone can pop it out....

Back