Missy's rebuild thread!

Update for those interested, FINALLY heard from the insurance after leaving a rather scathing email. :) They have asked for my own estimate of what it would take to make repairs. They are ready to play ball finally!!!

The real question is whether or not the amount they tell you for the $1 under figure is correct or not. You really should make money on this deal --- not just break even. The insurance company knows this also.

What Joe says is right on. Also, remember that after you tally up the cost of all the parts and it still seems way lower than their "total" figure, to add in your labor hours you'll spend putting it back together.

What Joe says is right on. Also, remember that after you tally up the cost of all the parts and it still seems way lower than their "total" figure, to add in your labor hours you'll spend putting it back together.

In all probability -- they won't care what she spends --- the art is in getting the most you can when you cut the deal, since that will be their final cost.

You should also get money separately for gear and helmet.

Thanks guys, I forgot about my own labor! I'll add that and be just under 50% of value, that should be acceptable to them.
I was really hoping my headlight assembly would arrive today so I could get back on the road, no such luck dangit. :(

Thanks guys, I forgot about my own labor! I'll add that and be just under 50% of value, that should be acceptable to them.
I was really hoping my headlight assembly would arrive today so I could get back on the road, no such luck dangit. :(

Don't know if all insurance companies are like this or not, but they will reduce the labor rate they pay you considerably if you're doing the work as opposed to a shop. I'm not suggesting you let a shop do the work, but don't be surprised if they only want to give you $20-30/hr for your labor when they would pay a shop more than double that.

For now I'm going back to the stockers, but the ones I had were smaller in diameter, billeted aluminum, and yes, they allowed more clearance. They aren't expensive, think I got them from eBay for like 20 bucks a set.

For now I'm going back to the stockers, but the ones I had were smaller in diameter, billeted aluminum, and yes, they allowed more clearance. They aren't expensive, think I got them from eBay for like 20 bucks a set.

I went back to the stockers and took the feelers off. Easier to keep my feet on the pegs.

Lol..your probably one of those long legged buzzards aren't ya? :) it doesn't help much for that. I've been thinking about rear sets..that's probably your best bet.

Update...think I'm winning, and not like Charlie Sheen..insurance called today and asked how much I thought I'd spend in shipping!
Oh, and as an addition, when I had my accident I slid on my back, I was wearing a Cortech helmet backpack...other then a few scratches, it held up famously. Two thumbs up if your thinking of purchasing one. :)

Back