New member welcome thread...

Hello!

i have a 2012 FZ1 Black / White, and I have modified it quite a bit.... Ivans's everything, full Yoshi Exhaust, Ohlins rear shock and rebuilt forks with some Ohlin's parts, Zero Grav Windscreen, Luimoto seat, SW-Motech bags, driven grips and sliders, Spiegler Steel Braided lines, LED headlights, Integraded smoked tail light, led turn signals vortex sprockets, DID gold chain, modified the rider pegs so they are easy to flip and remove etc....and i'm sure a ton other things that I can't remember... I also have some carbon fiber parts being custom made, but the wait for those seem to be forever... some day i'll get them. LOL!

Also, I have been trying to post on here for like months... finally it has let me, and I don't know why or what changed....

IMG_3820.jpg

3B

Last edited:
New Member in NC

Still riding the 2005 FZ1 I bought in 2007 and love it more each time I get on it.
IMHO, the gen1's are one of the best bikes ever built, they just plain got it right!

Still riding the 2005 FZ1 I bought in 2007 and love it more each time I get on it.
IMHO, the gen1's are one of the best bikes ever built, they just plain got it right!

It's been a week since I joined here. I tried to post in another thread with the intention of adding some useful information to that thread, but it had to be approved by a moderator before it would be permitted. As I already said, it's been a week and nothing's happened. IMHO, you guys might as well turn off the lights and lock the door around here, because this place is dead.

Hello all, my name is Brian.

Originally from Joliet Illinois but, I have lived in Mcdonough Georgia for the last 15 years. I just purchased a 2002 FZ1 with 4,200 miles on it. This makes bike #5 in the stable. I am a mechanical engineer for a metal stamping/fabrication company. I am also a Rider Coach registered with the MSF and employed by the Georgia Department of Driver Services/Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program, (GMSP). I am 51 years old and have been riding most of my life. Cutting my teeth on dirt bikes at around age 6. My wife and I spend many a weekend cruising the Great Smokey Mountains. We usually hit Panama City once or twice a year as well for the spring or fall rally. Thanks for having me on your forum!!! I cannot wait to actually ride this machine. I am in the process of going through it right now as it has been sitting under cover for years, which explains the 4,200 miles.

Hey Gang,

I'm Rick , just bought myself a wrecked FZ1 2010.
I'm certainly gonna need advice on fork swap ,stay with FZ1 or go to R1 .. ??
Already can't wait to ride it this summer.

Ciao !

Rick

Hey Gang,

I'm Rick , just bought myself a wrecked FZ1 2010.
I'm certainly gonna need advice on fork swap ,stay with FZ1 or go to R1 .. ??
Already can't wait to ride it this summer.

Ciao !

Rick

Just my 2-cents, but the gen 2 FZ had upside down forks and really just needed stiffer springs, unless you’re jockey-sized. But if you find a good deal on R1 forks go for it. Be prepared to deal w/possible triple tree swap. Not sure on that. Dig around on the conversion and see what’s needed.

2002 Yamaha FZ1
2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
1998 Ducati ST2 apocalypse edition

New FZ1 Owner

Hey Guys!

My name is Quentin and I just purchased a 2004 yamaha fz1 in a killer deal on my part. Needless to say I am only $400 into this so far. Just bought a new gas tank as the current one has dents and working on fixing the front fairing. Anyone know the color tone or one close to this beautiful blue? was thinking I would just paint all the plastics and tank at once, give them a nice clear coat and new stickers. Also missing the inner fairing covers and handle bars on the back. Let me know any other tips or ideas with this bike, Just looking to make it very clean and a fun ride for the weekends

fz1.jpgfz1.1.jpg

Hey there, my name is Nick, and I just picked up a ‘14 FZ1. Previous owner was pretty rough on her, and managed to crack and scuff the front fairing and the tank. I’ve been trying to find a new fairing, so if you have any leads, send them my way. I ride in Anchorage Alaska, and up and down the state. Happy to be here!

Hello, my name is James. I recently picked up a pretty nice '10 FZ! with only 2500 miles on it. It has a couple small mods, but i'm leaving to close to stock as I learn how to handle this thing. This is my first street bike. I always wanted a liter bike, and when I got a good tax return I saw this baby on facebook and went for it. I'm pretty ecstatic about having an FZ1. I'm living in southeast Idaho trying to finish up my schooling.

FNG in Central Arizona

Hello Ladies and Gents. I'm a 60 year old street rider with 50 years of Motorcycling under my belt. I've had Brit bikes, Harleys and lots of Beemers, but the only Japanese street bike I've ever owned was a 1976 Suzuki GT380, LOL.

This past March, my brother and I attended the Yamaha Champions Rider School taught by Nick Ienatsch (HIGHLY recommended) and I got bit by the bug - Badly. I was riding an FZ75 and found it to be entirely adequate for the 22-turn, 2.5 mile track but really anemic in the long straightaway. After the course, I talked with Nick about a motorcycle recommendation for street and track and without hesitation he recommended the Yamaha FZ1.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but have my eye on a one-owner 2006 with 6,650 miles on it. Needs tires (they're the originals!) but if I buy it I'm installing Dunlap Q3+ and taking it to the May 13-14 event that Nick is having at the INDE Motorsports Ranch near Willcox, AZ.

Ride safe out there folks. Hunter

Here's a link to the second day, my run starts at about 13:00 in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04mll9tc...review=AJ_Daytwo.MP4&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

Hey all, new member with a 2006 FZ1; been riding for 11 years. Started on an '08 R6 (put 54k miles on her), had a DR350, then a Kawasaki Z750S (stolen :/). My FZ1 is set up for touring, just got back from a 2000 mile trip from CA to OR. See you around the forum!
feb461f17f079c8bda014b0453678c1f.jpg
6d144d509ff8bb266e16181faf405005.jpg
cdf1cf02810584cae5ab7f5ac27f7625.jpg
17d1c8963f92d0368a0cf07ba88310b3.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Hey all, new member with a 2006 FZ1; been riding for 11 years. Started on an '08 R6 (put 54k miles on her), had a DR350, then a Kawasaki Z750S (stolen :/). My FZ1 is set up for touring, just got back from a 2000 mile trip from CA to OR. See you around the forum!
feb461f17f079c8bda014b0453678c1f.jpg
6d144d509ff8bb266e16181faf405005.jpg
cdf1cf02810584cae5ab7f5ac27f7625.jpg
17d1c8963f92d0368a0cf07ba88310b3.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Welcome fellow FZ1 long distance rider.

422a604d94dbe122d49bda070015f47f.jpg

2002 Yamaha FZ1
2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”

Yet another new member

Hi, I was given the name Galosh many years ago as an apprentice so I use it for public forums. I am buying a 2008 FZ1 Fazer, and I already own an FZS1000 (which I am trading in against the FZ1). My previous FZS1000 lasted 5 days before I killed a deer with it.

Previously I owned (in order); W650, Thunderbird 900 sport, ER6, ZRX1200R, MT01, F800ST, ZRX1200R, CB1300,

I live in Dublin and have been riding since 2006. I usually ride about 10k miles each year, mainly for pleasure.

New guy here from Minnesota. Just picked up a 2009 Raven Grey today with 13k miles on it. Love the bike, used to have a 2004 FZ6 and this bike puts the old 6 to shame.

Did the dad thing with no bikes for a bit, and then dabbled in the harley thing and decided they were not for me. This bike is perfect!! I even like it more than my riding buddy's MT10.

Back