New member welcome thread...

Hi my name is Paul

Live in York, UK. Own a White 2014 FZ1NA since new. She is gorgeous. Longest time owning a bike. I have had many bikes.

Mods include scorpion exhaust, red braided brake lines, tailtidy, small windshield (looks good, too small to have any effect ). Looking for a rear Ohlins.

I don’t tour. Just blast about for about 150 - 200 miles. Great handling bike. Great looks and presence.

I did look at model replacement MT10. But my FZ1NA better in every respect. Made no sense to part with it. Its just a brilliant stable and fast bike.

Attachments

• 43A9FF8A-B758-4EE5-9F35-4A1B094D06C9.jpeg
    43A9FF8A-B758-4EE5-9F35-4A1B094D06C9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • CD86DC33-3D41-4B11-B5DE-6D0AA0001BBB.jpeg
    CD86DC33-3D41-4B11-B5DE-6D0AA0001BBB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
New FZ1 Owner here in VA. I just picked up a 2013 with 8100 miles a couple weeks ago and it has absolutely captivated me. Previous bikes were an '84 Kawi GPZ, '07 FZ6, I currently have a '19 MT-09 in addition to the 2013 FZ1...the way it's going the mt-09 might be on the chopping block soon LOL! If anyone is in the central VA area, let's ride!IMG_20200908_171812__01.jpg

Last edited:
Hola,

My name is Loki and I am from Colorado. I Purchased my 2006 FZ1 two days ago! very excited and I have already put 300 miles on it. (might have put the plates from another bike on it) Any ways I am going to sell my 2002 Honda CB919 as the FZ1 is a complete upgrade. I rebuilt the 919 from a bad wreck and made it rather beastly. I am finding myself ready to put the same 100 hours of wrenching into making the FZ1 "MY" bike. So I might have already dropped most of a K into parts. lol. Coffman short exhaust, Wiseco fuel controller, color changing vinyl wrap, bar end mirrors, better front turn signals, new Michelin front tire, Vans waffle grips, Angel/demon eye headlights, tank grip pads, bar ends, front sprocket... there is probably more but I'm distracted by wanting to order a set of no rise dirt bike width handle bars and one more thing I already forgot. Any ways I am thinking about calling it the Omega project. Should I start another thread about it and try to post my mods? or should I just add to the mods thread that's already there?

Also doing the air box mods, block off plates, +- cat elimination, throttle position calibration(its really snaggy with the throttle and my pillions don't like it), obviously the exhaust valve... any more I should know about?

Thanks in advance,
Loki

P.s. I grew up riding dirt bikes, doing dual sport and street riding now as well as commuting. I let my MSF coaching license lapse this last year as 1-1 lessons are more fun than the big classes, even if it is less profitable. 38080.jpegIMG_20200913_191626000.jpg

hey newer member and just bought a 2003 a few weeks ago. Had a few rides already and they were amazing. Still has the stock exhaust on it and no fender elim kit yet so I'm looking into doing those. Other than that I'm loving the bike. Totally open to any suggestions for exhausts :)

Attachments

• fz12003.jpg
    fz12003.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4
hey newer member and just bought a 2003 a few weeks ago. Had a few rides already and they were amazing. Still has the stock exhaust on it and no fender elim kit yet so I'm looking into doing those. Other than that I'm loving the bike. Totally open to any suggestions for exhausts :)
Welcome.

I started a thread called the Omega Project and talk about the Coffman exhaust on there. I'm a big fan so far.
Much love,
Loki

Hi All,

New member here - just switched from a BMW K75 to a 2002 FZ1 with 13K miles on it. It has a full Akrapovic exhaust system on it and I'm loving the smooth power. I wrench on my own bikes and cars so I'm happy to have found a solid online community for these awesome bikes!

New member here from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have a 2003 FZ1 that was my late brothers much loved bike. I haven't ridden it much as I also have a '92 Vmax that I've put a lot of $$'s and time into and love riding. I also picked up a '16 Super Tenere as I want to do some trips to Prudhoe Bay, Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada, and go back to Newfoundland and this time include Labrador. I've done a Iron Butt 1000/ 24 hrs and generally get in 10-15K per year riding from May to October. The ST has taken up the lion share of my riding miles and now the Vmax is more for shorter more spirited rides.
I'm here to get the FZ1 back into riding shape and going to find some of the magic that my brother had with this bike.

Hi folks,
Mike here in Utah. I got a big FZ1 project coming up, so I figured I'd join up. I'm a pro mechanic currently working in a Polaris shop. So I rebuild plenty of engines, heh heh. This will be my first FZ1 rebuild so I'm sure I'll need some advice.
Phase 1 of the FZ1 rebuild is complete... Built a workbench.
Phase 2, join the forum. Making progress already!workbench.jpeg

Hi all, my name is Rick.
From Tamworth, NSW Australia.
Picked up a 2001 FZS1000 around 12 months ago, few minor issues but enjoying it so far.Came from a GT650R hyo before this, 15 year break before that and a GPz1100B1.
Old girl just clocked up 100k and still goin well.

Hi All,

Just picked up a beautiful 2013 FZ1, upgrading from my CBR650F. I love the bike already, and am already setting aside money to mod the everliving hell out of it ;)
Any riders in the Toronto area feel free to hit me up!

Hello all,
My name is Mario and I live in Central NJ. I've been riding since I was 5. 44 years WOW!!!
I have a Gen1 FZ1 a Blue 05 that I love! I also ride a 95 Honda VFR that I purchased new and multiple dirt bikes and ATVs and dual sports in my stable at the moment.
Thanks for the great forum!
Mario

Hello everyone! My name is Vladimir and I come from Europe / Slovenia. I'm excited to be part of this big FZ1-owners community.
I'm a proud owner of a 2007 Yamaha FZ1 which will undergo a body repaint soon...still looking for ideas.

Here's my baby
.IMG_20200603_210314.jpg

Hi Divia,
There can be an issue with the stator rotor on pre-2012 bikes, so there is a simple check you can do for the cost of a new gasket -$2 to $5.
Info on this site under technical section or explained in this video -
Thanks I will check that...I've read about it before, but my bike's got around 50k km I assume it would have exploded already by now if faulty.

I will check nevertheless. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks I will check that...I've read about it before, but my bike's got around 50k km I assume it would have exploded already by now if faulty.

I will check nevertheless. Better safe than sorry.
I choose the wrong video originally, so have now updated the link. Is a CopperDawg (buelle109) video, which is part of his series on the FZ1, which are quite helpful.
AndyManCam is another FZ1 person I follow who also talks about the FZ1 in his earlier episodes.

Back