New member welcome thread...

hi,
My name is Olivier and I leave in France.Sorry, but I don't speak english very well.:eek:

I have a lava red FZ1 and I like this bike too much!

I have 46 years and I have a bike since lot of years (24 years).

Bout ye!!!! (Hello in NIrish)

Hi Lads, my names Dave and i just bought an FZ1 after having several different types of bike. Last bike was a GSXR 750 IOM TT special edition. I had a kawazaki Z thou before and just had to go back to the streetfighter way of life! Im from NI and looking forward to chatting about FZ'ds. nice to meet you all, ride it like you stole it!! lol

ps here my baby! Hope she looks ok to you fellas.....

Daft question does anyone know if this a a special edition as ive searched for it quite a few times and i cant find this paint scheme anywhere. any info would be great, cheers chaps.

2010-11-13140106.jpg
[/IMG]

2010-11-13140059.jpg

Hi,my names John.Been surfing the net on a rainy Brisbane day and came across this site.i have owned my 06 FZ1 since feb 08 but haven't ridden since july 10,due to a nasty accident which left me with a fractured pelvis.i'm finally all fixed and now want to do the same for my bike.which is why i came across this site in my search for parts.

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site to be a sister site to FZ6-Forum.com I currently ride a FZ6... but I have a crush on the FZ1.

It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor).

I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... BroHay? FZ1inNH?

Dennis

I guess as one of the newest members it's my turn, eh? I recently acquired, thanks to Norm, a 2007 FZ1. I got it in a round robin deal for my FZ6R. I started riding about 4 or 5 years ago through the motorcycle safety course up here in NH. I've loved it ever since. I started out on a Suzuki Boulevard S40 figuring it was a pretty inexpensive bike so if I crashed it, so long as I survived, I didn't care if I totalled the bike. ;) I traded up to the Yamaha V-Star Custom which was a really nice bike. Decided a sport or sport tourer was in order when I dragged hardware on the Dragon. Went to the FZ6R thinking it could be lowered enough to fit a 5' 2" frame and it was a good "starter" bike for this type. That was one AWESOME bike!! I will miss it, but I am looking forward to my first ride on the FZ1 with the return of nicer weather.

In case people haven't already figured it out, I am married to FZ1inNH. It has been almost 20 years of wedded bliss, :yes: :yes: and almost 25 years together. We have three children, one grandchild and one more on the way. I am a senior accountant at Liberty Mutual. I am not nearly as outgoing as hubby is. :lurking:

I guess as one of the newest members it's my turn, eh? I recently acquired, thanks to Norm, a 2007 FZ1. I got it in a round robin deal for my FZ6R. I started riding about 4 or 5 years ago through the motorcycle safety course up here in NH. I've loved it ever since. I started out on a Suzuki Boulevard S40 figuring it was a pretty inexpensive bike so if I crashed it, so long as I survived, I didn't care if I totalled the bike. ;) I traded up to the Yamaha V-Star Custom which was a really nice bike. Decided a sport or sport tourer was in order when I dragged hardware on the Dragon. Went to the FZ6R thinking it could be lowered enough to fit a 5' 2" frame and it was a good "starter" bike for this type. That was one AWESOME bike!! I will miss it, but I am looking forward to my first ride on the FZ1 with the return of nicer weather.

In case people haven't already figured it out, I am married to FZ1inNH. It has been almost 20 years of wedded bliss, :yes: :yes: and almost 25 years together. We have three children, one grandchild and one more on the way. I am a senior accountant at Liberty Mutual. I am not nearly as outgoing as hubby is. :lurking:

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here finally!

Welcome aboard Michelle. Now you can roll with the big boys...lol

Glad to hear from you... :welcome: I loved the story of how the bikes traded around and how everyone was a winner in the deal (except the dealer :laugh2:)

I'd love to hear from you about you FZ6R. My wife has had her '09 Ninja 250 for a year now, and I'm having her try out other bikes. She has sat on the FZ6R (the pegs hit her in the sides of the legs and it's a bit tall for her in stock form, as they all are) the Ninja 650, the GSX650F, the GS500F, an SV650 and a left over FZ6. (I'm waiting for an FZ8 for her to try too).

Anyway, congrats on the FZ1. Let us know how the lowering goes. Stay safe. My first ride on the FZ1 above 9,000 RPM :eek5: made me say bad words with out even knowing I did and the smile stayed on my face for days. (actually, it's still there :disturbed)

Last edited:
Hello There.
I am Marc from belgium. I own a yamaha fz1 from November last year. I bought a second hand from 2006. before this bike i had e few other bike's. 2 suzuki bandit's , the first was a 1200 the second a 1250 . After that i owned a Honda cbr1000RR repsol. And now the FZ1 . Hope to get some ideas to modified my Bike. And sorry for my poor english.

Greetz Marc

Here are some pics of the bike's i had before.

The first Bandit 1200. made a streetfighter out of that.
1059qqc.jpg

The Bandit 1250
2mcedrb.jpg

The Honda cbr1000rr
2a44l0.jpg

And the FZ1 . i made some changes on the bike already. But it's not finished yett.
2qnqd0m.jpg

eqc7kz.jpg

2vsltup.jpg

Hope you like it.
Greetz Marc

Thanks for your comments . I got a lot to read on this nice forum. Already learn a few things and idea's. At the time, i wil make my own topic and share the progress on my bike. :)
grtz Marc

Back